Me and my boyfriend stayed here between 7th-20th October 2012 and haven't got a bad word to say about the place!
Would like to start by saying how friendly all the staff were, from day 1 Rambo went out of his way to make us feel welcome and introduced us to the rep to book some excursions. Sadly he left one day when we were out on a day trip so didn't get to say goodbye!
Baz looked after us the whole time and became a good friend to the end of the trip...
- we were low on cash so he left us run up bar tab so we could pay on our credit card
- my boyfriend was ill and he got a doctors sent straight up to our room and saved us paying a lot in medical fees
- he was kind enough to let us keep the room free of charge until 11pm on our check out date because we low on funds
- we had trouble with our airport transfer who we booked with shutteldirect.com and they almost didn't pick us up, but Baz made sure they came but even offered to sort us out a taxi himself if they didn't turn up
- not to forget all the late nights we had listening to his funny stories, he is a really genuine and nice guy :)
In the area the drinks and foods are cheap enough but as we went to the end of the season it was a bit quiet so we spent most nights in Baz's fun bar where the drinks were cheaper than the main strip of bars. You must try the cocktails 3 for 20 Lira (which works out as roughly £2 a cocktail...and there was plenty of REAL alcohol in it and wasn't mostly made up of juice like you get in the main strip bars)
You must play Baz's bingo, the funniest random game I've ever played!
We went to the Turksih BBQ twice and the food was great for the price... Baz even let us take our leftovers to the room :P
Alex (Chef) and Tom were 2 really friendly guys who worked at the hotel, always had a smile and helped you with anything they could :)
Had an absolute bargain for the cost of the room for 2 weeks.
The rooms were more than basic and could have comfortably fitted a family of 6 in there... so for the 2 of us we had plenty of room! The room was cleaned every day and the cleaner was very friendly.
We had a room to the side of the building so even though we were facing a wall it was perfect because we didn't hear any noise if we had gone to bed early after a long day on the excursion.
Don't be worried about it being noisy as after 12pm its the law for them to turn down the music but also the hotel has sliding doors so they can turn the open bar/restaurant area into a closed venue... so for those who like killing the kareoke you can sing all night to your hearts content!!!
Excursion tips: You must have a Turkish bath and go for the chocolate massage... it's AMAZING! We tasted as good as we smelt!
If you want to go on a boat trip then head to the harbour so you can choose what company your go with. (AVOID King Sezar at all costs)
Go to the big waterpark NOT the Atlantis waterpark on the beach front as its very very small and the day we went here was when my boyfriend became ill and had to go into hospital because he may have swallowed some water there :(
If we come back to Marmaris then we will definately come back to visit Baz and co! Miss you gys already!
Aly and Ross x
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located 1 km from the town centre and 1 km from the beach, our hotel consists of 26 1 bedroom apartments and 8 studios for a total of 34 rooms. It was built in 1996 and last renovated in 2010. Services: safe boxes available in reception area (pay local), internet access-laundry service-lift (elevator), phone service (international calls available at reception), generator rooms, all airconditioned (pay local), full kitchenette including microwave oven,toaster,kettle and electric cookers, satellite TV in all the rooms, two balconies on each room,restaurant and bar-24 hours open, room service, weekly entertainment including quiz,karaoke,bingo and barbeque, large swimming pool with a water slide, kids pool, kids play garden, free sun loungers, game corner with pool table,darts and arcade machines ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Priceline so you can book your Villa Sun Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Villa Sun Apartments Hotel Marmaris