“Famliy Holiday”

and 1 more site!
Kaan Apart
Ranked #85 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Well as they say you get what you pay for... The hotel was basic the cleaner changed are towel's daliy and the room was tidy, we were out allday just coming back to shower and out again or sleep this was my 6th time in Turkey we had a good time we didn't eat once at The Kaan Aparthotel...........

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Janet299
There are newer reviews for Kaan Apart

Reviewed November 3, 2012

3rd time there will go again next year Thanks Ricky Pepi Hussain + Adam. See all around the region during the day even Rhodes,Greece is just across the water by hydrofoil.Get a taxi boat to Icmeler for 7tyl the dolmus (BUS) is cheaper...and a good way to travel..A must see is Bar St peace and tranquil earlier but party time later Find Marios bar on the harbourside nobody does better cocktails. After all your hectic day chill out at the kaan

Room Tip: All rooms are the same but poolside I prefer because its livlier If you want quite book the other si...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We arrived in the early hours of 18th September around 2.45am. We booked through Travel Republic and had requested a low floor as my wife is disabled. I did say if there was a lift it would not be a problem. I was assured this information would be passed on and any problem they would inform me.
We found we were on the forth floor this is because all studios are on this floor. This is a point the travel agency should have known. However the staff were great and offered a ground floor one bed apt at a cost of £3 per night. after some discussion the charge was waved, again top marks.
The transfer was horrendous three and a half hours. Funny how a journey back takes less than two and you are not forced to make an expensive stop. The firm that took us went bust so we had fun sorting out a return. No thanks to Travel Republic who responded two days after we arrived home. The UK transfer firm is Holiday Taxis so be warned.
Back to the accommodation as I was hungry I asked if there was any food available. The kitchen was closed but they asked what I wanted and sent out for it again well done. The breakfast was fine and reasonable at 7 lira about £2.50, but it is only 5 lira 20 yards down the road £1.80. The evening meals start at about 12 lira up to 30 for a T Bone £10.70 again it is about £2 cheaper if you look around The hotel food at night was not as good as you expect in Turkey.
The room was in need of an update especially the bathroom.The shower cubicle was falling apart and the water pressure very low. The beds were comfortable and bedding changed every third day. Towels were changed every two days and the room was spotless top marks to the maid.
The hotel is a 10 minute walk from the beach and bars and restaurants within a few yards.
A good base but could be improved with an update not had one since it was built. The price is very good but you would gladly pay more if remedial work was done.
All in all a good holiday fair accommodation for the price staff friendly and attentive.

Room Tip: Make sure you get an apartment as the studios are very small and restricted hight.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Have to pay for room keeping. Towels werent replaced, parts of the bedding were dirty, the shower screens were broken and fell off the rails when you moved them, someone stole a pair of flipflops from the room and food overpriced and barely edible. Two staff members were great lads and really tried to help but cant say that for the rest. I only went back there to sleep, during the day I avoided it like the plague.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank Vikki B
Reviewed October 20, 2012

the staff adam dave were very good
the food was fantastic
the rooms very basic but clean
entertainment zero
pool clean
safety around pool poor
the bar and drinks the prices rised as the week went on
poor deal as no food or drink of your own allowed round pool

Room Tip: ask for a pool view
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 20, 2012

This is a fantastic base for your holiday. The Apartments are very clean (Basic ) but clean I was very very pleased with what I got for the money I paid £10 for (3) of us per night. We had moved here having arrived at A hotel with very poor standards and had to move. Ricky the manager of the Kaan Apartments was so helpful and kind and offered to drive us to collect our baggage. We had a studio apartment (which was shaped like a little cottage room ) was more than adaquate for our needs (we had lots of activites planned) and it was a fantastic base for us. The rooms are pink and white and have air con (extra charge) a lovley large balcony with with loads of space. Kettle, Fridge and 2 Ring Cooker The towels were changed daily and room was cleaned every day. The staff were fantastic and food and drink more than reasonable. Suffice to say I got home last night at 6pm and I have booked 1 week in May for my husband and I and 10 days in July for my whole family. I travlled with my 2 daughters one of 21 and one of 13 and they both loved it. We met lovely people and made Fantastic Friends. Thanks to Ricky and his Team.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Geraldine C
Reviewed October 16, 2012

I originally booked to stay at this apartment hotel for 2 weeks self catering for a reasonable price and was not expecting the world at all but expected at least a room i could walk around in, a pool area i could relax by and cleanliness none of which i found here. I only stayed 3 nights before deciding i could take no more and left to find a new hotel.
I was given a room on the top floor which is where the problems started, these rooms have a sloped celing which is ok nearest the door however if you try to walk near the other side of the room you had to walk with knees bent. I banged my head quite hard several times forgeting that i had to duck. The paint in the room was peeling off in places and was a horrific pink colour. The cupboards and sides were old and falling apart in places.
The bathroom was so small that you could not open the door fully and to use the sink you had to climb over the toilet and into the shower to get to shut the door. The rooms floor was filthy and i would recommend always wearing shoes around the room and balcony or your feet will be black with filth.
The pool at this hotel was a nice size however that is the only redeeming factor of the pool area, i think that there must have been some large wasp nests in the hotel grounds as I got swarmed by wasps meaning no relaxing by or in the pool was possible.
The staff were friendly until you told them you were going out for dinner or drinks as soon as you did this they couldn't care less about you and would completely ignore you. The location of this hotel was poor as it was about a 30 to 45 minute walk to the good areas of the beach and to the point centre/ shops.
Leaving this hotel saved my holiday as I moved to a much nicer hotel in a better location i would highly recommend any one thinking of staying here to think twice about it.

Quick Review:
Unclean, Small rooms with impossible ceilings, Wasp infestation, Poor location, Unfriendly

Room Tip: if you must stay here DO NOT stop on the top floor!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Dan S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Banana Apart
#3 of 27 in Armutalan
Aegean Princess
Aegean Princess
#39 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Kaan Apart? Share your experiences!