Grand Hotel Faros
Poseidon Hotel(Marmaris)(Great Value!)
$88
$76
  • Pool
All reviewshalf boardturkish bathevery nighta free shuttle busturkeyair consaladtown centremini bar in the roomnext yearquiet locationbar streethotel is situatedbar staffjust returned from this hotelyour platebeach front
Reviewed July 2, 2013

This was our first visit to the Grand Faros and we would definitely go back! Very clean, amazing food! Large pool with plenty sunbeds. We stayed for 2 weeks half board (17th June - 1st July). When we arrived to check it was all done in a matter of seconds, our passports were quickly photocopied and returned and then our suitcases were taken up to our room for us. Our first impressions of the hotel was that is is very clean and our room was no different. Our room was lovely, modern and spacious with air conditioning, a flat screen tv and a pool view which looked over to the mountains. The only downsides to our room were that the bathroom is a little out of date but functions perfectly and our door to the balcony didn't lock properly (you would think it's locked but you could still slide it open if you pulled hard enough). We paid for a safety deposit box in our room which costs 35 Lira per week, the only downside is that you then have a key to look after your entire holiday and a safe with a code would have been better.
The food at this hotel is amazing, I think guests were coming from other hotels because I noticed its 19 Lira for anyone who isn't a Grand Faros resident but don't worry you are always guaranteed a table. All the tables for dinner are located outside around the pool which is good because its still really warm in the evening, a pleasant temperature. All the food is cooked freshly in front of you so you can see exactly what the chefs do. There is always pizza being made which was delicious, the rice and egg noodles are great too. The meat dishes vary each night, there was steak, turkey and different styles of chicken such as donner, barbecued, stir fried and schnitzel. All of which tasted amazing. The deserts were very good too with different cakes, fruit, ice cream and truffles. Breakfast had everything you'd need, three choices of cereal, freshly made omelettes and fried eggs, beans, fruit, bread and tea and coffee.
The location of this hotel is very good. It's in the north of Marmaris about a half an hour walk to the main strip but the hotel has its own shuttle bus which is free and only takes 5 minutes into the centre of Marmaris. The driver is very kind too because if the bus is too full he'll come back for those who could't get a seat. The hotel bus is very clean and is a fairly new Volkswagen so it's nice and can take 14 people. The hotel bus runs 5 times a day which is really handy, 09:50 13:00 17:00 21:00 and 00:00. The bus drops you right by the beach at the Grand Faros sister hotel Yunus hotel which gives resident a 10% discount on food and drink and we can use there sunbeds on the beach for free too. The grand faros is just along from a big supermarket from Kipa which is just like Tesco and it's really cheap too so you can get a 1.5 litre of chilled water for 1 Lira and a 1.5 litre bottle of Coke and Fanta for 2.20 Lira (the hotel charges 5.50 Lira for a small coke).

The downsides - The sign at the pool says you can use the pool and sunbathe from 08:00 to 18:00 but we were being asked to pack up at 17:35 which is annoying because the sun is out and it's still hot at that time. I know it's only 25 minutes but it's still annoying.

Don't use the post box at the reception to send your post cards, I put two in it on the Thursday morning and I had a look again on the Monday night to see if they had gone but they were still sitting there which is unacceptable and when i spoke to the manager about it he just ignored me which is unprofessional. Next time I'll use the public post box in the centre of Marmaris.

Overall this is a super hotel for the money with friendly staff, excellent food and very clean rooms and poolside and great location!

Calum and Kim (Glenrothes, Fife, Scotland)

Room Tip: Rooms on higher floors have better views
4  Thank Calum R
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Hotel very clean and rooms very nice, only downside was the size of the shower (bit on small side), We were half board and food good/average depending on how fussy you are, plenty of it. Hotel is out of the way a bit but only a short walk to some bars/shops. There is a small supermarket just outside the hotel and a larger one a bit further along (part of Tesco group). Some of the bars offer good exchange rate 2.91 lira to £1 and we had no problems with them. all in all very good holiday, nice quiet stress free time.

Room Tip: We were on ground floor room 110 facing pool and could sit on balcony and still get service from the bar...although the bar stays open til 2am, it was usually finished by about 1am and didn't bother us at all
2  Thank twiggy1253
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Just returned from our fourth visit to Grand Faros and the service is stil as good as the first time we went. Would definately recommend hotel to other holiday makers. Staff are all so friendly and make everyone very welcome even to the night security guy and cleaners who keep up a good standard of keeping rooms very clean. It is a good idea staying just minutes from sea front as noise is not an issue but you can get to this very easily and quickly if wanted. Both of my family have also been in the past and they enjoyed it also which says it is good for all ages young and old. Reception staff always friendly and helpful also.
My only issue I had was I learned not to purchase tins of Coke at Dallaman Airport, as it costs more than a litre bottle of spirits!
I cannot wait until next year when we will be paying another visit!!!!

1  Thank Jenny939
Reviewed June 27, 2013

It was our first time in Turkey and we are glad we chose to stay at the Grand Faros. Yes, its not directly next to the beach and centre but you have buses come every 4 mins so cant complain. The food was great, staff very helpful. The massage centre was great...went 3 times in the week i was there. The night entertainment was great, the entertainer Alex is a great asset to the hotel.
Will definitly visit and stay there again :)

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Rusnaz
Reviewed June 27, 2013

My friend & I have just come back from a week stay and was dubious before going after reading the bad reviews…we was very pleasantly surprised!!! The staff could not be more welcoming & friendly, the rooms & bathroom were a reasonably size & were very clean. The food was lovely, large buffet at breakfast & dinner…something to suit everyone.

The hotel laundry service was very reasonably priced, I got my clothes back the same day. Grand Faros also offers a massage service which is thoroughly recommended, I had one on my second day & another on my last day.

There are good shuttle services to the beach & into Marmaris town which only take five minutes. There are cash machines just a few minutes walk from the hotel at the Kipa/Tesco supermarket. For those wanting nightlife, then Bar Street is a must, it is located at the Marina & there are over well 150 bars, restaurants & clubs to choose from for a night out.

We requested a late checkout on our last day and only had to pay £8 extra. I would most definitely holiday in Marmaris again and stay at the Grand Faros, I thoroughly recommend the hotel, please ignore the bad reviews.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends