“Disgusting!!!! NEVER AGAIN” 1 of 5 bubbles

Grand Hotel Faros
Ranked #71 of 233 Hotels in Marmaris
“Disgusting!!!! NEVER AGAIN”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

When we arrived at this hotel we were quickly told we weren't staying here, before we could even ask as to why our bags were being thrown in the back of a taxi. We were shipped off to a hotel called Class beach, although there was nothing class about the hotel. When we returned to Faros the receptionist was rude and just slammed on the room key on the desk and pointed to the stairs. The room was very small and basic but was of a nice decor. The food was edible but became very repetitive and boring. When I tried to speak to a manager about why we were moved she didn't want to answer and we were told we could have either a safe or drink to compensate. The bar staff were rude with the exception of Hassan who worked hard day and night. The entertainment was a pure let down, the acts would come on stage for 5 minutes maximum and then leave! Over all I would not rate this as a 4 star hotel and think they need to learn the saying service with a smile!!

• Stayed August 2012
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Char201

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Turkish first
WEST MIDS
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Me and my partner have been to turkey several times and I must say this hotel has been the worst and would not recommend this to anyone....The staff are extremely rude, the food is repetitive and disgusting, and the drinks are a fortune, Its to far from all the action and town so fourth. The staff are all scared of the owner and bow down to him when he is in the hotel, again disgusting and you will not see this happen in any other hotel...I made a couple of complaints to the manager but nothing was ever sorted. I could not wait to leave this hotel, and on departure no one even helped us with our baggage, again disgusting, even more disgusting was the owner who has no customer service skills what so ever...finally the main thing is the rooms are full of insects and the cleaners are a waste of time, this hotel does not even have a iron and the toilets and shower facilities are a hideous, plus the walls between rooms are unbelievably thin, trust Iv been there. Anybody who states this hotel was good/brill I must have the wrong hotel name.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank royandvitt
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

Just got back from the grand faros what a lovely hotel staff very friendly food nice ,pool was clean enjoyed the Enterainment even joined in with the daytime activities,it was abit out of the way but they had a free bus which run three times a day if you missed that then the local bus was every ten minutes would definitely return to the grand faros

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank penny1186338
Alicante, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 16, 2012

My wife and I spent our second visit to the Grand Faros in July.Once again we had a very enjoyable holiday but unfortunately it was not as good as last year.This year the price we paid had increased by 50%because of the new rooms.Yes the rooms had been refurbished and were very nice but the bathroom was exactly the same and now very dated.A nice touch this year were the sandwiches in the room on your arrival.We had requested room 108 again and they were true to their word.
So where was the hotel not as good as 2011.Firstly, the hotel Bar and Waiting staff.All the staff from last year ,with many years experience had been moved to the Faros Beach bar,excepting one namely Nuhat.Also the manager had been moved there as well.The new staff were quite simply, with the exception of Hasan not up to the job and standard required.To get there attention for a drink was an achievement in it itself.The tables by the sunlounger were not cleaned from the day before and there was glass and other very dangerous things around the pool area.For two days running a couple, who had already broken a glass while sitting on the poolside, continued to sit there with there drinks.I told one of the waiters how dangerous this was but nothing was said to them.
The food Im afraid was also a let down. Last year I said the food at the Faros was excellent but this year it wasnt.For Breakfast, if you went before say 9 am the bread was stale ,ie from the night before.Last year it was fresh in the morning at whatever time and in the evening.I was really looking forward to the bread at breakfast, but it was a big let down.In the evening the Chef had decided everyone wants to eat meatballs 6 nights a week.I like meat balls but not that many.times.
The entertainment was basically the same as as last year with a few changes.Michael Jackson was back along the the Snake man, Turkish bellydancers ,Breakdancers and Bartender.However this year there was a marked improvement in the pool area entertainment and after the main evening show.In came Mr and Mrs Grand Faros and other funny games.Hakan, who last year was just a DJ had really upped his game and worked very hard 7 days a week.Well done Hakan a big plus star against your name.
Overall the reception staff could not be falted and they were always polite and helpful The new Bar manager Karid worked very hard, but he didnt have the staff that he desperately needed,
One final point this year, if you are going to the Faros please make sure you check and pay your bill every 2 days.The new accounting system this year leaves a lot to be desired and is very difficult to question, if you havent paid up regularly.You will have no chance if you leave it until your last day.
We really like the Grand Faros where it is away from the hustle and bustle of Marmaris and it is a very good hotel.We will visit again, but hope the Management headed by Mr.Faros take on board mine and many other residents comments, regarding the hotel in 2012.
A couple of points regarding Marmaris.Be careful where you change your money.The rates by the waterfall area are poor and you will get much better ones near the Faros Beach but BEWARE.I was at one exchange shop given 100TL less.I always take a calculator and I showed the woman the amount I should receive, she gave me 100TL less.She said my computer says this amount so it has to be correct.When I said I will have my money back then she got on the phone and said her manager had told her to give me the correct amount.How many poor peolple had she conned that week.Another wanted to charge me 7TL commission when you already pay them a whopping commission with the rates they offer.A clear piece of advise watch them.
Finally any men looking for an excellent value for money Turkish Shave go to Class Barber in the town centre.I found him by chance and went every 2 days,You get a shave,waxed eyebows ears etc and massage all for 10TL.For a shampoo its just another 5TL.The Barbers shop is on the side of the Indoor market and a stones throw from the Vodaphone shop.Again please be very careful at other shops people we know paid 50TL and were totally ripped off.

Room Tip: Best rooms in our opinion facing the Pool but can be noisy.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Davechap
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2012

Me and my partner went here with another couple and it was perfect I couldn't doubt much, very clean, great bar staff, good entertainment and perfect for us only about 20 min walk to beach which for us was fine as u can look around on the way, supermarket right next to it also was very handy. The buffet price for dinner was so good specially for someone with a budget, 1 receptionist was a bit rude but that wasn't putting us off this fab hotel had a ball. :)

• Stayed October 2011
Glenrothes, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2012

My friend and I had what has now become our annual "beach" holiday, booking in at the Grand Faros. We reckon we got excellent value for money for the price we paid and have no complaints. Our experience was positive.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the pool I believe, from other reports, are very noisy since the entertainment goes on...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2012

Staff are extremely rude, food was repetitive and drinks were petty much the same price as a full blown meal!
Don't do all inclusive so clearly make a lot of money on drinks.
Room maids were rude and came between 5-6pm when our family had a sleep after being at the pool all day so our room hardly got cleaned.
Will certainly not be returning! Staff ruined our happy moods by being rude. Russians are everywhere!

• Stayed July 2012