“should be two star”

Han Palace
Han Palace
Ranked #162 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed October 30, 2011

han palace i think this is a 3 start hotel, i think it just about scrapes 3 stars, the room and cleanliness was reasonable, but the bathroom was very very small, flimsy shower walls, shower is very small, shower floor is quite dirty, bathroom floor is not exactly dirty but it could be a little cleaner, when booking the room we basicly begged to have double bed so i could share a bed with my girlfriend but we got two small single beds....

The room got hot at night ( obviously) BUT the air con cost £30 a week!!!, when we first got into our room the electric didn't work but it got sorted within 20min which is fair enough. tv is very very small and only has two english speaking channel which is american business news and English news, which was constantly repeated the same 5 hours for the whole week i was there BORING.

this holiday i had was my first holiday without my family so i wasnt not expecting much paying i think £80 for the week, BUT we had to leave our room at 12pm in the afternoon but our flight was at 12am in the night!! so we had to pay £50 to stay in our room even tho it thought we paid for the WHOLE DAY, i dont know if this is normal or not but it did p**s me off.

overall i would say it was a 5/10, because it was a cheap holiday i cant expect too much but next time i will save up and stay somewhere nicer, but if you are looking for a cheap room just to sleep and wash in, hann palace is ok i guess.

( in a very good location, and you have to pay loads to use the hotel phone!!)

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Jordan J

Reviewed October 3, 2011

Just returned from this hotel 1st October 2011. Booked into the Seren Sari Hotel on the internet. On arrival we were told there was a nice room with a sea view in the Han Palace ( the sister hotel run from the same reception) the wardrobe door was off its hinges. The towels were hardly ever replaced. There was only one plug socket in the room which was quite poor. On the plus side there was 2 swimming pools - however there was many dangerous obstacles around the pool area for example manholes with carpet over the top. The entrance to the han palace has 2 unjoined pieces of carpet for you to trip up over every time.. As for the breakfast it was minging. Cold coffee , Fruit juice which tasted powdery. Stale bread which if you left any on the table after breakfast they put it back in the buffet for someone else to eat. As for the restaurant staff they were very ignorant. and hassled you to use the restaurant. The only good thing i can say about this hotel in the friendly reception staff and the fact that hot water was plentiful

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank paulparkinson20
Reviewed September 10, 2011

small shower .sen sari made us pay for another 2 hours room we where booked for 15 nights ,even charged us for phone call , seni sari resturant whhere veyy cheeky thats twice had cheek from them , han palace closed gate every night at 5pm , we had to go to seni sari to get in or out , iot was awkard for my husband as i am in a wheelchair

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank patricia p
Reviewed June 27, 2011

I am not sure where the bad reports come from at this hotel but I have just come back after spending 10 days bed and breakfast with my partner, my daughter and her fiancé.
The rooms were very clean, basic but clean. The maids cleaned every single day. They left flowers on the bed one day. If we put our towels on the floor they were changed daily.
The breakfast is typically Turkish, bread, jam, feta, boiled eggs olives etc but if you fancy, a full English is only £2. I had scrambled egg on toast one day for the same price.
I can honestly say in the 10 days we were there we did not have ONE bad meal. We ate quite a bit at the hotel and enjoyed every morsel.
They do like you to eat at the hotel; I suppose it’s how they make their money but no pressure. We had Chinese on night and moved around a lot.
There are some MUST knows about the area if you have not been there before.
I took only English money as they love it. You can pay in English everywhere. The exchange rate was 2.52. You can change your money in the shop across the road. The hotel was only giving 2.4.
Air con was £30 per week to have on. We didn’t budget for this so only had it on for the last night as its getting really hot over there now. If you budget before you go that’s fine.
I drink lots of water about 3 litres a day. At the shop is was 1.5 lire in the hotel the same bottle was 5 lire. Therefore I bought it from the shop. They did say something one time but I explained we ate there most days, the guys bought beer around the pool and if they wanted to make an issue I would take out custom elsewhere. They were fine then.
All the staff are great.
There is still a lot of hassling along the roads even though its supposed to be illegal and it does get on your nerves a bit. Even on the beach they tell you “free sun beds” when you do settle there you have to buy at least one drink per sun bed.
We went on a lot of trips as it was cheaper than sitting round the pool. The place across the road from the hotel was good but don’t go with the first price they give you, they will knock it down if you say your going somewhere else.
The alcohol is expensive if you don’t drink beer. I drink vodka and they were £4 for one. It was suspect too. They say its Smirnoff but I doubt it. I took two litre bottles from the airport and had a few before I went out or took some with me. Everywhere advertise cocktails two for one, don’t have them unless you watch them make them as they only contain juice.
Find a hotel called Atlantis, meals fabulous and drinks what they say they are.
Had a great day on the Jeep Safari but paid £30 for DVD and pics only to get home and find the DVD is of someone else. I am positive it was a mistake, so if you do get one check before you leave it’s the right one.
We went on three boat trips the best one was a smaller boat called Hercules 2. it was run by a Scottish lady called Heather, she was lovely, I think because the boat was smaller 32 people instead of over a hundred your looked after better.
For all you smokers cigarettes and tobacco are really cheap. Real stuff too. I bought Amber leaf tobacco for £18 for 5 packs from the airport coming back. Booze cheap too.
Now go and have fun.

Jackie Manchester

4  Thank jaxter2011
Reviewed June 26, 2011

Rooms cleaned every day, our room was kept spotless, shower cubicle was small I am a size 12 and had to turn sideways to get in, good beds and pillows would have had goodnights sleep ,but for the music from the hotel next door not han palaces fault. Around the pool in day the music was far to noisy.Never ate their so can not comment on the food ,we got what we paid for, but I would not go back but if your looking for a cheap hotel near the beach and can stand noise night and day this is the place for you

Reviewed June 26, 2011

just got back from 2weeks in hans palace ,and i must say 4 wot we paid ,it was a very good bargain ,the rooms were very clean and the cleaning staff are 1st class ,the locaction is ideal as u are right on the beach and about a 20min walk in2 marmaris itself ,the staff were friendly and the barman espically was very good ,

1  Thank lisagayfer739
Reviewed June 18, 2011

very clean and good value for money. very small balcony, no view only could see 3 other hotels so never used it. all carpet had been renewed so very clean.staff very friendly but no discount in resteraunt was offered at all it said you got 20% if u ate there, showers so small u barely fit in a good base if you just want to sleep there but i would not go back even though we had a loverly time

1  Thank Trebor62