“What a filthy hotel”
Review of Samoy Hotel

Samoy Hotel
Ranked #196 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed August 27, 2007

Our room in the Samoy Hotel was filthy. The carpet was stained, the walls were scuffed and dirty. The tap in the bathroom sink was filthy. The toilet lid fell down onto your back every time you sat on the seat. (this was repaired, but was no better). The towels were ripped, as was the curtain in the room near the balcony. The manager was very 'in your face' and didn't like taking no for an answer if you didn't want to eat at the Hotel. The food wasn't bad, but we like to eat at different places on holiday.
The master key for the safety deposit boxes was left unattended, and the hallway was very dimly lit. We would not recommend anyone to stay at this hotel unless they get it cleaned up! We didn't let it spoil our holiday, just didn't spend much time there. There was so much to do in Marmaris and Icmeler, such lovely resorts, and the people are so friendly.

Dear Guest,

I am sure you are totally right. The holiday that you had was a kind of nightmare as I see. We have just renovated everything in the hotel and I hope you will not try us soon. Please never forget; I promise you will have one of the best holiday in your life by choosing us. If you do not want to come back to Rota Samoy (Ex. Samoy) just text or call my mobile number(0090 543 419 8139) so I can pick you up and show you the differences before&after.

Reviewed August 9, 2007

i got back yesterday and am already lookin at deals to go back to the samoy, we booked it through a cheap last minute website and can honestly say it was one of the best holidays of my life. The staff were fantastic and go out of their way to make sure u have a good time. Food was great in the hotel and the rooms very comfortable. We spent a lot more time in the hotel than i usually would on holiday because there was such a nice atmosphere! thanks Samoy!!

5  Thank EssexMarmaris

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your review and we would love to see you again soon.

Reviewed August 9, 2007

me and my friend wanted a cheap last minute deal and picked the samoy. we had one of the best holidays ever thanks to the friendly staff and cheap but comfortable hotel! all the other people who have posted reviews saying the samoy is bad etc i have one thing to say - you get what you pay for. it was a basic 2 star hotel, but was clean and pleasant. the staff are fantastic and welcoming and would do anything for you. it is in a prime location as well, close to the main clubbing strip on the beach. all in all a fantastic hotel contributing to an amazing holiday!!!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with friends
6  Thank georgia88

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for everything you mentioned. We would like to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 6, 2007

Arrived at the Samoy early Tuesday morning. By the afternoon we had a new hotel!! The Samoy is disgusting, no lifts, tiny rooms which are very dirty!! The resturant looked nothing like it did on the internet. My sister and I were looking for a nice hotel and looking forward to a relaxing week.. Don't go to Samoy. The doors don't lock the pool is tiny- the list is endless! At least we found new accom and didn't mind paying for it ourselves, it was very cheap. Maramaris is a lovely resort but don't stay in Samoy!!

4  Thank janice70

Dear Guest,

I am sure you are right about your opinions but there will be a new management this year in Rota Samoy Hotel (Ex Samoy). Also everything in the hotel is being renovated at the moment. I know it is impossible to delete your first impression about the hotel but I hope you will give us a chance so we could change your opinion.

Reviewed July 17, 2007

we had a nice relaxing time, the resort was fantastic, the people were friendly and kind, we had a brillant holiday. However when we entered the hotel room I was taken back, the room was the smallest I have ever seen, it was dirty, the carpet had never seen a hoover. The bathroom was very very basic, we had to hold the head of the shower to wash, we could see the pipes up above the bathroom ceiling. I dreaded to think what dirt lay beneath the bed. The staff were very friendly and helpful, however if we go on holiday we like to do our own thing, but some of the staff felt we should be going out with them all the time and eating at the hotel. We do not go on holiday to go out with the hotel staff, they were in our faces all the time. We were not going to let this ruin our hoilday and we didnt, we spent as little time around the hotel as possible. I would never recommend the samoy hotel to any one. However I would recommend going to Marmaris it is a fantastic resort, fantastic views.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank samrock

Dear Guest,

I totally agrre with everything you mentioned in your review. I am good at judging people. When I read your sentences, I realized you are not a type of person who complain about everything with no reason. After a long & busy year of course you need a good holiday but your experience was not the one you expected..
BUT Rota Samoy will be a hotel where is reasonable price, friendly staff, good service, clean and perfect location. We would like to see you A.S.A.P so you could write something good about Rota Samoy Hotel.

Reviewed July 16, 2007

me and my husband stayed there july 6th-13th 2007 got there no greeting from staff just from holiday makers,then when we was showed to our room we booked as mr &mrs and got two single beds ,and when they moved us to a double room they tried to charge us an extra £20 ,there is no lights on stairs after 2nd floor & we were on the 4th floor BRYAN the hotel manager just wants u 2 spend all your money at his bar and the breakfast menu is never complete there is always somethink missing off the menu MY ANSWER IS I WOULD RATHER SLEEP AT THE POOL SIDE "which is where the hotel staff stay most of the time" MY RATING OF THE SAMOY HOTEL 3/10

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank molly2shoes

Dear Guest,

Please feel free to keep in touch with me any time you desire so I could have a chance to show you our hospitality with pleasure. The hotel and the staff are totally different. Here is my Personal Mobile Number: 0 543 419 8139

Reviewed January 26, 2007

going to turkey was my first time going abroad was very nervous and got a little home sick. the people working there were amazing and so friendly they really made me feel at home!!!!!!!1
will definetly be going back next year

8  Thank mariamatthews

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed. We hope to see you again soon.