“BEST HOLIDAY EVER...”
Review of Samoy Hotel

Samoy Hotel
Ranked #196 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed January 3, 2014

This is a hotel that we have tried before. We have stayed at nicer hotels but it is the staff that made all the difference. Basic rooms but very clean and all staff were helpful. First time for my 67 year old brother and he thoroughly enjoyed the hotel and location, so much that he wants to go back next year! Great location too, close to beach and nightlife Overall excellent value for money!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank kate mary b

Reviewed December 28, 2013

My wife and I stayed for two weeks in late September and I have to say I was a little apprehensive after reading some reviews, but we were on a very limited budget so we went.
I have to say we had the best time on any holiday ever. If you go to enjoy yourself you will not be diss appointed, the staff are amazing and really would do anything to keep you happy (they treated us like family members) and as a result we had a blast. The room was clean and tidy, we never minded making our own beds (it's what we'd do anyway) and the towels were changed every two days. The food was good although if you get fed up the food in local restaurants is cheap and very good. Out holiday was the best we'd ever had and were going back next year without fail.
Go enjoy yourself and treat them like family, they will do the same.

• Stayed: October 2013
7  Thank Matthew J
Reviewed October 30, 2013

" Firstly, I really cannot understand how people can give this hotel a good review!! Where can I start? Well accommodation, very basic but didn't bother us too much as you don't go on holiday to sit in the hotel room all day....however, that didn't detract from the fact that this is an all inclusive hotel, and its the first hotel I have ever stayed in in my lifetime where you have to make your own bed and clean your own room. The balcony was a nice large balcony at a right angle, which on one side looked over a junk yard with a pair of skidded shorts hanging in the rubber tree, although this did provide us with some laughs. Food, well urgh...not sure what to say about this, for want of a better word, HORRIBLE. It was always cold unless you got there within 5 mins of it being served, and even then it was only lukewarm not hot. You also have to share your food with the local cats and flies!!!!! Lovely! There was extremely loud music playing all the time, which was very annoying when trying to eat your dinner, you can't converse with anybody. Cleanliness of the hotel leaves a lot to be desired, for instance I went into the ladies downstairs toilet one day and I was never brave enough to go in there again, suffice to say it was minging, use your imagination. The pool area was ok but not great. The pool is small but adequate for cooling you off. The children/baby pool is unusable due to it being filled with green slimey almost pond like water.....also I saw rat droppings round the pool area. Although it claims to be an all inclusive hotel it actually isn't. On the itinerary, it states that you get coffee and cakes are served at 4pm and they were not, we saw them twice during our visit. We were astounded at the amount of people who were arriving and being shipped out to other hotels, disgraceful. If people book to stay here, then that's what should happen. The staff were unfriendly and not approachable. There is a very small selection of drinks served at the bar, and they don't like serving you with more than two drinks at a time, i.e. one each. I thought all inclusive meant you could have as much as you wanted?? Although people say "YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR" you actually don't at this hotel and it would be well worth spending a little more money and going to a better class hotel. Also, you may want to take note in the way that the manager Ozan answers the criticisms. This should be a good indicator of what to expect at this hotel. A very low level of tolerance and understanding. The three star rating is way too much for this hotel.....my advice is to avoid. "

Room Tip: No good rooms, choose another hotel. If you want to go on holiday and not do anything, then do not...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Carol O
Reviewed October 26, 2013

My wife and myself have just returned from the Rota Samoy after staying for 7nights from 17th October-24th October. This hotel is rated 3 star by several tour companies and 2 star by other companies. I did my homework because we wanted a very small friendly hotel. The ownership of the hotel had been taken over by Oz and he had the decency to reply to all Trip Advisor reviews going back to 2008. I booked this holiday on the strength of the replies made by Oz and this proved to be the correct decision.
On arrival just after midnight Kaan greeted us like a long lost family and whilst the paperwork was done offered us a welcome drink before showing us to our rooms. We did not unpack but went straight back to bar area to talk to other guests. They informed us with all the details and we knew we had made the right choice as there were only 12 guests in the hotel and we knew this would be the case as we always travel out of season.
Because of this we had personal service at meal times with lunch being plated and served at your table. My hat goes off to Ozzie who presented excellent Turkish meals with a smile and a sense of humour. Evening meals consisted of soup and bread a meat dish with pasta ,or spaghettior a veg and salad and a choice of individual pltes sweet.
Throughout the day Ali behind the bar kept you topped up with the all inclusive drinks available which are limited to Beer Wine Gin Vodka Raki Fizzy drinks and Fruit juice when available. Dont bother asking for ice as the hotel has no ice machine. The room was as we expected and as we had plenty of towels there was no need to change. We made our own bed and kept the room tidy as you would at home. A special thanks to Ali who gave up his room so we could have a bigger balcony.
The swimming pool had a few leaves in but the hedgerow was only 12 inches from the side of the pool. The child pool had not been used for several weeks and had not been cleaned.
The problem of overbooking at the hotel was through no fault of the hotel but the booking agency. Oz had to pay other hotels to accommodate guests out of his own pocket and has left him several thousandsof pounds out of pocket which he was hoping to start on the rolling maintenance programme. There are maintenance issues but not the type that prevents you using bathroom and toilet facilities.
On all our holidays abroad we have never ever been made to feel at home like this and We cannot praise Oz, Kaan, Ozzie(deli deli deli) Ali and Dievrlm enough.
We paid £60 EACH All INCLUSIVE, and the previous negative reviews should be disregarded.
Check after the review how many helpfull votes WAS THIS REVIEW HELPFULL.
We made some great friends Steve Ann Alan and Elaine(peachybum) and this is the first time that we have been on holiday that the staff will sit and enjoy the company of guests after they finish their work. If you want a REAL budget hotel and are laid back and not a person with even medium expectations you will enjoy the Rota.
As an ex Royal Marine chef, ignore reviews of food being inedible as posted in some reviews and if your not happy with the food the food is very reasonable out of season.
If you require more info on the hotel and facilities please do not hesitate to contact me but please remember this is my review.
To everyone at the Rota Samoy including the two cats Rota and Samoy, we cant wait to see you next year.

Room Tip: Ask or book 103, 203, 303. biggest balconies overlooking pool.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
17  Thank shelleysouthshields
Reviewed October 26, 2013

just back from rota samoy hotel on the 25th oct 2013, before i went i read some off the reviews and being a solo traveller i didnt know what to think, but when i arrive at 5.30am in the morning off the 18th oct i seen the steps to reception, but as soon as kaan seen me he was straight down to help me with my suitcase and made me coffee to welcome me, i was made very welcomed by all the staff especially ali and ozzy they were brilliant and i have had the best holiday ever in my stay in marmaris which i have been going to marmaris for the last 4 yrs, the first tine i went for dinner there was none left and i spoke to the manager oz and saud this wouldnt happen again and i can truthfully say it didnt food by ozzy was delicious, i even had seconds on the fish that night as it was so fresh and so tasty, they couldnt do enough for you, on the night i was leaving i was helped by ali and the everyone said good bye to me i was tearful that i should have booked 2 weeks instead of 1 week, i met some love friends marianne and harry, alan, from england and me the only irish woman lol had such a good laugh, i felt this was family, they made me feel i was from home to home, no complaints from me, and i have already booked my room for next year thats how good it was, shops are near by so that was even easier for due to arthritis, yes there was some people not impressed but they would have better have stayed at a 5 star, they didnt appreciate the craic and didnt join in, thats the problem it is not the hotel but the people who travel expecting more,
plus one morning i was so stress free i slept in for boat trip, the staff and holiday was so worried about me they came up to check if i was allright i said sorry for worrying them but made me as a solo traveller feel so safe, thanks ozzy and ali and kaan, and jesus the rep for the most wonderful holiday ever, dont only read comments by people,

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
10  Thank irishcolleen10
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Well I travelled with my mother & friend, we were moved to this hotel from another.. And I must say from the moment we arrived Kaan was amazing! Really friendly, and helpful! Ozzy was also very welcoming! No complaints, food is nice.. Rooms are small and basic but it is a 2 star after all.. It was a home away from home, met some amazing people there, because its so small its like a little community! Its amazing! I would highly recommend! My only complaint would be that one of the members of staff were miserable and very rude! But apart from that its all good:), cyas next year guys!!

• Stayed: October 2013
7  Thank SunL0ver_x
Reviewed October 14, 2013

Me and my friend stayed at the Rota Samoy for 8 nights, before our holiday we were a little worried about the bad reviews we had read.
We arrived early hours and was greeted by Kaan, who was lovely and even gave us a choice of room!
All staff were great, and bent over backwards to help you.
Rooms were clean and comfortable.
Food was traditional, so dont expect English food when staying in a Turkish hotel!!
Ideal location, really close to bars, restaurants and the beach.
We met some great people in the hotel, however there were a few that were constantly moaning about the smallest thing. If you want 5* then pay for 5*!!
I would happily return to the Rota Samoy, had a great holiday and met some fab people!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends