“Don't listen to negative reviews!!”
Review of Samoy Hotel

Samoy Hotel
Ranked #197 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“Don't listen to negative reviews!!”
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I left the Rota Samoy 7th July after a 2 week stay with my Nana.
We had first booked to go somewhere else but had read on here so many negative reviews about that place so changed the hotel to this one as there were loads of positive ones at the time of booking. I'm pleased we did.

Rooms- On arrival, we were put over the road and into a teeny room. My Nana wasn't happy with this and after speaking to Kaan, on our 2nd day, we were moved over to the RS into a lovely room with a corner balcony, great as it got the sun in the morning on one side and in the afternoon on the other and pleased my nana as she could keep an eye on what was going on! Haha!
The room was cleaned a few times during our stay, but if we ran out of loo roll or wanted clean towels, we just asked and the staff replaced them there and then. Couldn't wish for more considering the price paid.

Food & Mealtimes- When we fist arrived, I have to admit, I was a little worried and was wondering how much of my spending money was going to be used on eating out!! Then after a couple of days into our holiday it began improving and we were told there was a new chef. It just kept getting better and better every day.
At mealtimes, it was so busy, in such a small dining area serving guests that are staying in the RS and also in the other 2 hotels. My suggestion would be that maybe lunch and dinner could be done in 2 sittings and guests should choose which sitting they want to be on on arrival and stick to it.

The Pool- The pool is a pool, nothing more nothing less. It's great for dipping into and having a quick swim to cool down when it's just too hot!
The sunbathing area as someone has already mentioned is a fab sun trap. There aren't enough sun loungers for everyone in the hotel but you can use the pool over the road and again, the beach isn't far.

Staff- The staff were all wonderful. Anything you want at any time of day or night and they would do their best to accommodate. They all work such long hours and 7 days a week too. We were there 2 weeks and don't think any of them had a day off! All of them were friendly, happy, pleasant and jovial all of the time. We British aren't like that-Monday morning just arrived at work, grumpy is what we are, but no, all of them were always smiling-despite whatever was going on! (Like guests being awful to them!!)

Location- We felt that this was in just the right place, as it's not on the main road but not far from the main road. It wasn't far to walk to places and was quiet enough when you close your door on a night time to get some sleep.

Hotel Overall- A lot of people were moaning and complaining whilst we were staying at the RS about such stupid things. I just don't get it! If you look at the breakdown of your holiday, your stay at the hotel is only costing about £10 a night all inc! That's less than a bottle of Smirnoff for goodness sake and you reckon you could pay that and find any better!! I really do not think so!
I feel so sorry for Oz when he only just took over this place earlier this year and people are not giving him a chance and expecting it to be like some 5star plus hotel.
I enjoyed my stay here and would stay again....as long as I got to stay in the same room again! :)

• Stayed July 2013
7 Thank frogangel689

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Me and my boyfriend booked into the Rota Samoy for a 7 night stay, we arrived in the early hours and were greeted by Kaan who issued us with a complimentary drink then showed us to our room in the Neruim Hotel which was just across the street, not even a 10 second walk. The room is quite small but is always cleaned, it has everything you need including a balcony and you don't go on holiday to sit in the room anyways. The staff at the Rota Samoy are amazing, Ibraham & Kaan were great and were so friendly and always really helpful. The food was great, I am a fussy eater and I always found something to eat, never left hungry. The pools are quite small but do the job and we always found room to sit around at the pool, if you don't fancy the pool the beach is a 5 minute max walk away. All in all we had a great time, no complaints and wouldn't listen to the negative reviews on here about it.

Room Tip: Rooms in the Neruim are great.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
7 Thank drd247316
Reviewed July 14, 2013

Basic hotel..very cheap place to stay but that does not mean cheap service..staff look after you very well .. and work very hard to make sure your welcome and cant do enough for you during your stay.. deffinetly be back :)

• Stayed July 2013
8 Thank emmamcnx
Reviewed July 10, 2013

The hotel is basic but for what you pay it is everything you need. The staff are very friendly and will help you with any issues or questions you have. Food was allways good, and if you are a fussy eater there was always chips and bread, so you would never go hungry. If you needed more food or wanted to see somthing different on the menu all you had to do was ask and they would accommodate it and have it on the next days buffet. The pool was clean, and the sun bathing area is a little sun trap. Overall good budget hotel with great service and staff!

• Stayed June 2013
10 Thank NatalieeeOC
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 9, 2013

I have just returned from the Samoy last week and it was great. Khaan was very good anything you needed he sorted it for you. I booked last minute and was expecting the worse but It could not have been better. The rooms are basic but clean the pool is small but what do you want for a 2* you get what you pay for !!!! The food is very good now they have changed the chef over the last 2 weeks so it was always pacjked at the evening meal time. I met some nice people they were a few moaners but there is always someone who is goibg to do that. The staff are friendly and can't do enough for you.. If I go back to Marmaris I will certainly be staying at the Rota Samoy.. Thank you to all for a Wonderful Holiday xx

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank Christine G
Leeds
Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Travelled with my auntie, who booked the hotel after searching 'cheap hotels' on google & that is what you get! A cheap hotel for a cheap price. Most of what we paid would've gone on flights & transfers, so I cannot grumble too much, however I will say if you want good food or expect your room to be cleaned daily don't stay here. In total we ate 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches & 2 dinners here. We had a debate on both evening meals on what meat it was in the sauce...! Still not sure now! Breakfast was okay if you got down early while it was fresh.
On arriving in the early hours, we were shown to a room in the rota samoy, the linen was clean, but sadly the bathroom was not. My auntie was cleaning the bathroom at 4am with baby wipes due to hairs, muck & toothpaste! I can only assume someone had paid to use the room after check out & it had not been cleaned after this!
In our weeks stay our room was cleaned twice, which in a country where you aren't allowed to dispose of toilet paper down the loo, is not good! I asked for more loo paper & for the loo paper bin to be emptied, but only got the former. In the end we bagged up the rubbish & chucked it out on the balcony (we were not sitting on it as it faced a brick wall & was overshadowed by a tree!)! Sadly, for the next occupants of that room, I'm pretty sure they would have found the rubbish before the 'cleaner' would, of which I apologise, but after asking twice & it still not being removed it was either the balcony or on the bar!!
On a small positive, the few staff work hard & are polite & friendly. We spoke to the owner who said he only gets £11 pppn, so it isn't worth him investing any more in the hotel & that his main focus is keeping the customers happy! A good policy,but some customers would be happier with cleanliness, not just friendly staff!
All in all, if you want a bed & a base & a few beers (not lots of choice on the AI alcohol) for not much money then stay here, if you expect more then do not!

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Dizzyemma

Travelers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 4, 2013

We stayed from June 22nd for 10 nights all inclusive. we arrived at 12.30pm and were met by Kaan the hotel manager who gave us a complimentary drink, we thought we were to stay at the Samoy hotel as that was what we had booked for but kaan took us over to the hotel across the road called the Nerium. we were told that we had to eat and drink in samoy as that is where we had booked all inclusive and could not take drinks over to other pool we would have to pay for drinks over there. The room at the Nerium was lovely and always clean the staff over there are very welcoming and always cheery which made our holiday, we only wish now we had booked bed and breakfast in the Nerium. We had to eat and drink in the samoy as we were all inclusive on the Tuesday night the manger and staff got into a fight with another turkish man they were very aggressive and kaan smashed a bottle of the bar to hit him with this was in front of all the the holiday makers included in this was elderly and children. That night we came back to hotel to find our locks had been changed to our bedroom and had to ask reception for keys.

the following morning there was not even an apology to holiday makers. and kaan carried on as normal we just let it go and tried to enjoy the rest of our holiday until the last day when we were eating lunch Kaan came over to us and said what company did you book with if low cost holidays then I am ([--]) angry with your company as I have not been paid so you will have to be out of room for 3pm this was at 12.45pm.

We tried to talk to him but he would not listen us and another four couples all were told to be out of room for 3pm. At 3pm we came down ready and suitcases packed when another holiday maker came to me and said kaan said to tell you it all been sorted now company paid 20 minutes ago,again no apology from Kaan. That day i was upset and went over later to speak to another manager and stated that it was very unprofessional to treat people like that and felt that the management lacked people skills, and can become very aggressive easily. Afterwards Kaan approached me and my husband sitting over at other hotel and he sat down and said you shout at my manger I stated no I said to your manger that you are a very angry man and have no people skills. He shouted again and said you not happy then check out now my husband tried to say no she is upset because she has just packed our suitcases just happy we have a roof over our head for the last night Kaan then left. For the remainder of our holiday we ate outside as found it hard to talk to management.

I feel that the place would be better run if they put noisy young ones in another hotel instead of main one in Samoy were all hotels have to eat also maybe a dress code shorts and t shirt to eat meals as not nice at 7.30pm all dressed and young ones still around pool you have to pass to eat your main meal. There was not enough to feed all three hotels so maybe set times can be made for each hotel to eat.
Also management should have dress code and try to learn people skills, keep temper under control especially in front of children and older people.
As for all inclusive the drink is all watered down you were fine if you liked wine or lager.also they should maybe think of putting on a little entertainment in each hotel that all could attend this would help them make more money at each bar also would help to entertain children.

If families going to book in Marmaris then look for entertainment as children will get board.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank caroline l
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Adonis Hotel Marmaris
#110 of 234 in Marmaris
Prestige Hotel & Apart
Prestige Hotel & Apart
#83 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Samoy Hotel? Share your experiences!