“Not a bad review but you must read this !”

Green Nature Resort & Spa
Ranked #30 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Not a bad review but you must read this !”
Reviewed November 20, 2013

Right firstly I've stopped in loads of places all over the world now this is the first time I've stopped in turkey first impressions of the hotel is good however it is dated and in need of repairs we checked in quickly and went up to our rooms the room is like something you would get from a premier inn in the uk however I'm not fussy as you pay for what you get , now this says its a 5 star it's not its more a 3 star there was stains on carpets and not small ones but that's about it so nothing major I'm not going to go around inspecting lights and things my god lol , it was cleaned most days so no issue , now the food you have lots to pick from I would recommend that you do go down early as some people do tend to pile there plates high for some reason and there ends up been not much left , just be aware aswell the meats they serve are chicken , what you think is lamb is goat , and what you think is chickin brests are actually camel we didn't know this untill I said to someone who works there that it don't taste right so just so you know , the pool area is clean and there's 2 large pools and one for the slides , also remember your in a Muslim country and the beer that's free in this hotel is alcohol free so if you want a real pint your best off outside the hotel on the bars ect , now the shops and markets ... The markets I would strongly advise that you avoid at all costs bear this in mind that I'm heading to turkey to fill 3 suit cases full of copy's the markets make you feel unsafe and intimidated they are ok with you if your spending but when you say no thank you it's like you have offended them and if someone you have said no to sees you buying from another stall they come over to you and ask why did you not but from them and just to add aswell the quality of the stuff on the market is very poor perfume is water or water with food colouring , the sizes of things are not proper sizes for example I brought 3 tops all medium and one xl for my dad and all 4 was the same size they just chuck anything in the bag and you don't get chance to look at anything so yes avoid them now the shops are just as cheap as the market however the advantages of going to the shops is you can try things on look at what your buying and it's far better quality so if your going to buy items then go to the shops also one final tip take two wallets one with most of your money in and another one with no more than £50 in the reason for this is when you get your wallet out to pay for things the guy don't see that you have loads you just say that's all you have and that's that, cigarette allowance is 200 per person aswell beer in the bars are about £2 each a pint for carlsberg ect so cheap enough

• Stayed October 2013
22 Thank nottinghamcouple007

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (660)
  • Hebrew first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 18, 2013

We went as a family of 10 including our 2 grandchildren in July 2013 for 2 weeks.
The staff were very friendly and accommodating.Any probs the managers and Liason Officer are great too.
The food was plentiful and catered for both English and Turkish.Yes you do have lots of salads but its the Summer and you would at home anyway.Yes they do use the left overs the next day and any all inclusive does,we are taught not to waste food after all.Every night there was some barbecue of sorts around the outside dining area which was a lovely spot in the Hotel too.If you want to get away and just take in the scene of the resort the reception area is huge and lovely for the WIFI reception.
Id recommend the Spa and they are open to bargains.The honey massage,Turkish bath etc are a wonderful treat. I've had massages all over the world and apart from Morocco it was one of the best I've had.The hairdressers gave me one of the best hair cuts ever and at a bargain.The pedicure and manicure was a bargain too.
The sea is about a 20 min walk away but to be honest not all that if your a beach lover. The town is quite busy and full of brand original fakes:) if you like that sort of thing.
You must do the boat trip with its meal,cave tour etc from the Marina,it was a fabulous day on the sea.
I'm not much of a city holiday person but I did have a lovely time with my family who in turn loved it.
I hope this helps.

Room Tip: towards the pool.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank momo045
Reviewed November 15, 2013 via mobile

We when to this hotel in the first week of October. There was a party of 12 of us and one child!!! We got there about 11 o'clock at night and was meet with a rude lady to check us in. We was given our key and a porter said he would show us to our rooms!! Half of the party was taken up stairs and us the other part of the party was taken down stair, outside pasted the pools to the other building which was the other half of the hotel. This building was dated but did not look that bad from outside!!! As the porter opened our door the carpet was all stained as we walked in the room was very dated!!! With 2 single beds the view from the balcony was a dead end road, the air con did not work!! And in the bathroom the toilet seat was hanging off and there was all MOULD!!! In and around the shower!!! I told the porter I was not happy and he offered to moved us!! So he walked us downstairs in the same building to a other room which everything was the same but the toilet seat was fixed N the view was the pool!!!!!! But I was still not happy the bathroom was dirty!! And I was not staying there having showers in that!! The porter said that I was best to speak to some one the next day. But that was no good I was not staying there!!! I meet up with the party I was with and 5 of them had been put in the first building!! So I ask the rude lady on the deck WHY we had been put in the other building when we had all paid the same money. She said they did not have any rooms left in the first building. In the end after hours 3 couples ended up paying £70 per couples to be moved to the first building with everyone else. But how they said they don't have any rooms I will never know !!! The bar staff out by the pool are very rude and look at you like trash. And you can only have 2 drinks per person!!!! We could never get any sunbeds in the morning as people was putting towels out of a night time to get them for the morning. There was signs saying not to do this but people still did. We got a few sunbeds together one morning so I moved a sunbed over a bit so we could fit another sunbed for us in and this German man came out started shouting at us and throwing our sunbed around. If you want food go down just before it close or you will not get a seat we wait a hour for a seat and half the food was gone!!! This was my first time to Turkey and the place ie town is lovely but I will never go back to this hotel it is no way a 5* I would not say 3* but then that's my opinion!!!!!!!!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
7 Thank Kirstyellis2550
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013

Decided to take the family on a weeks holiday to Marmaris and my sister-in-law recommended this hotel. Superb!! I don't have a bad thing to say about the place. Even though it was the last week of the season the staff were brilliant. Plenty of choice in the restaurant, entertainment team were really funny and plenty to do. We normally like to go somewhere different every time we go on holiday but all six of us would go back there in the blink of any eye. I've read every review on this hotel and honestly can NOT understand the negative ones.

Room Tip: Choose a room in the hotel not the annexes.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Alyson H
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here in September and enjoyed r stay ! The only down side was queuing at times for drink or food but u have to that at most all inclusive , we having a young child we decide to have a couple if drinks on the roof Terrance which isn't all inclusive but is nice to relax and be waited on hand and foot !
Overall a nice place

Stayed September 2013
1 Thank Dave P
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 10, 2013 via mobile

With mixed reviews on here, I had mixed expectations. As someone else has said, a 5 star hotel in Turkey is more like a 3 star elsewhere. That said, we had a very nice stay, food was fine, lots of variety especially as you had the snack bar area too. The only thing that let's it down are the miserable reception staff, especially the man there who ushered everyone off to eat something when we got there as he couldn't be bothered to check people in, the kids club which was run by two Turkish girls who could hardly speak any English and the fact that ice cream was not included in the All inc and only actually available at the restaurant on two nights and had usually run out after an hour of serving. The entertainment team around the pool and in the evening were fantastic and a the other staff in the hotel were lovely. Will be visiting there again

Stayed November 2013
5 Thank SarcySarah
Harrow, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 9, 2013

Green Nature Resort & Spa was such an amazing hotel!
The cleanliness of the hotel was maintained to a high standard.
The Service was of a very high quality.
The staff were all friendly and very happy to help you in any way they could.
The entertainment was fabulous.
Food was available in vast quantities, catering for all types- vegetarian and non vegetarian people.
The quality of sleep was wonderful- you wouldn't miss your bed at home at all.
The location is fantastic as well- the beach if 3 mins away from your hotel, the shopping centre is 5-10 mins away from the hotel and everything is available and the shopping centre.

Room Tip: Request a room with a sea view. fabulous natural air coming in from the sea- better than the room A...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family