“Great Time!”

Ranked #62 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Devon, England
“Great Time!”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Just returned after staying a week and we loved it! I have to say I had huge reservations after reading the comments on here and even asked the agent to swap hotels, thankfully, they didn't. We have 4 children. Two girls 14 and 12 and two little ones 6 and 19 months and we never had any problems with anyone. In fact, the staff, particularly Ziffi, Mario and Alex couldn't have been nicer. Ziffi's mad and has way too much energy in that heat for me, lol, but the kids loved him and he kept them all amused with his poolside dancing! We didn't have any problems with harassment either in the hotel or outside just simply by saying NO. They did ask us to eat in the hotel at night but not aggressively at all and we ate out every night, bar the Turkish Night and they were fine with that! Theres a great restaurant on the beach front but the hotels food is good too. Our room was simple but cleaned daily and we only used it to shower and sleep. The air con worked well but I had to switch it off in the night as it got quite cold! The music round the pool was fab for giving a party holiday mood. I guess some older people might not like it but i'm 40 and I loved it! The day after we arrived my son developed a abscess under his tooth and the manager got straight on the phone to a private hospital, arranged a taxi ( who charged us just a couple of lira ) and when we arrived we were seen straight away!! The Dr was fab, gave him antbiotics and pain killers and copied everything out in English to bring home. It cost 73 pounds which I think was very good under the circumstances. All in all, I would definitely recommend Green Park to friends and family. Great atmosphere, clean and reasonably priced. The pool area is lovely. Sad that people are complaining so much as the comments could have easily put me off and lost some very good and hard working staff their jobs! Just one last thing....Have a Turkish Bath with Victor at the hotel, its a great experience and hes very professional and not creepy! It make a lovely relaxing start to the holiday!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 3, 2013

Were do I start..We love Marmaris def recommend for a holiday..It was just a pity we were staying at the Green Park Apartments before leaving for Turkey I emailed and asked if possible could we have a ground floor apartment as my husband has mobility problems.. and we weren't made aware that there was no lift..When we arrived we were put 3 flights of stairs up..But just decided we would manage although my husband found it difficult we just wanted to enjoy the holiday.. The cleanness of the apartment was very poor and they are seriously in need of updating very run down and I had to clean it the only thing we used the balcony for was to hang towels it was run down and filthy... We were in Marmaris with family who were in another hotel near by so we met up every evening leaving the accommodation was a nightmare as the staff would hassle you to stay at the hotel every evening they were very pushy and rude..and would make you feel bad about leaving we did have dinner one evening and bought our family round for drinks one night thinking this would get them off our back but it didn't work even at the pool you were hassled... Just when we thought things couldn't get worse we discovered insects crawling over one of the mattresses they were everywhere the cleaner came up and just changed the sheet and in no time the were crawling all over it they were very annoyed at us complaining..I rang my holiday company and they removed the bed after some time we were disgusted..I would never stay here again it is a dirty hole with pushy staff such a waste of good money!!!

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Stayed at greenpark three times and plan to stay there again in september. The staff have always been amazing whilst we've been there and do anything they can if theres something wrong with your food or drinks. The prices of the food and drink are fair priced. You go there and feel like part of a family rather then just guests, they make an effort with all customers whilst there, regardless of their age and play with the children in the pool. They have to act in a certain way to get the money, it's not like they earn a lot and they have to provide entertainment for all guests, with a variety of ages. They do talk about sex a lot, but ive only ever seen them do it to the younger guests which actually can take it as a joke, i've never seen them be crude in front of children or around families. Whenever I go to Marmaris this is the first place I go to book, the rooms are very spacious and are cleaned daily, and the first time I went there I was surprised at how big the rooms are as it is only self catering and the balcony is a good size with room to have a sit down before going out etc. I think you get more then what you actually pay for and if you become friendly with the lads that work there, you will feel safe whenever you go around armutulan or if you go to barstreet they offer to come with you as it's not always safe to go to bar street etc.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 30, 2013

Stayed green park again 8 times now !!
Rooms spacious ! Clean ! Food nice STAFF WORK THERE BUTTS OF ziffi ! Jason Mario Alex etc not sure what JJ gets paid for he is lazy just walks about doing nowt and that rap he does in day is disgusting language when kids are there!! He lowers the tone of the palace and staff moral ! I feel . Any way a good Hol with a family of 17
Of us see ya soon lads KENEL SACK JJ !!
Sam carney xx Wakefield

1 Thank sam c
Reviewed July 23, 2013 via mobile

Stayed at this dump for nearly 2 weeks the older staff were rude and making sexual gestures to customers all the time and as being told the hotel was ok for children that is a joke with music played in afternoons with swear words clearly being heard this place is a joke and the food there is awful and all they do is blame the chef - easy option for the waiters I think and after speaking to the manager he didn't care what so ever this place is rubbish and would never come back to this dump ever again!

1 Thank leefluffymorgan
sherburn in elmet
Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just got back after spending two weeks at green park, our 6th trip there, we stayed there as a family 17 of us with young children in our party. Ate breakfast there everyday and was not dissapointed, foods delicious, staff absolutely brill especially, Zifi, Jason, Jimmy, Alex and Mario they made our holiday. Jay jay not so friendly abit lazy but all in all a great set of lads. Can't wait to see them all again next year at green park. The maid who did our rooms was exceptional, rooms were cleaned everyday and cannot fault the cleanliness of green park. Excellent value for money. Definatley recommended.

Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

Never again had my money credit card and phone stolen manager said nothing he could do . The young staff where lovely but the older ones where not, if you don't spend money in the hotel they won't speak to you , we will never stay in green park again . Bad time , can't take food or drink in pool area not even from shop they come up to you and tell you off keep away from here

1 Thank linnysback