“****Review of Staff at Spa Downstairs Not Hote WARNINGl***”

Club Viva Hotel Spa
Ranked #9 of 17 Spas & Wellness in Marmaris
Inverness, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“****Review of Staff at Spa Downstairs Not Hote WARNINGl***”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I should explain that this review is not regarding the hotel as I did not stay there but the spa downstairs.
My sister and I booked a turkish bath and massage with our Tour Rep (cost £10 each) and we were taken to this spa.
We did have a lovely turkish bath and afterwards was taken to the loungers outside to "relax". As soon as we were there the "manager" approached us and started the "hard sell" on all the treatments that was available, He explained that for an extra approx 110 lira (each) could have a facial, foot massage etc etc. at this point he was very pleasant. When we explained that we were only there for the bath (as we were already running a little late to meet with family), we did not even have time for the free massage, he got very angry and basically threw my sister and I out of the spa because we were not going to pay for any more extra treatments, this was done in front of all the other customers and was extremely embarrassing for everyone sitting there, I usually find turkish people very polite and I have never been spoken to like this before (maybe it was because we did not have any males with us?).
We had to get dressed in the toilets and was escorted off the premises to wait outside for our transport back to our apartment. While we waited it felt as if some of the staff members were sent outside to keep an eye on us (I think they were worried that we would explain what just happened to other customers), It didnt stop there though, when our taxi arrived (the taxi was for my sister, myself and one other customer), one of the spa staff jumped into the back of the taxi with us and remained in the taxi for the whole journey (ensuring that the other customer was dropped off first), I felt that again this was done to prevent us telling the other customer about our experience. I will NEVER go back there again and would certainly recommend that anyone who wishes to have a turkish bath and be dealt with professionally and with respect should avoid this spa!

2 Thank Cheryl S

• Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Disgusted !horrible, robbing indecent people”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I booked for a turkish bath,full facial,legs n body massage the full works with my husband at club viva hotel through an excursionist near the beach in marmaris only £10 pp but agreeing to £20 pound per person because we wanted a private session that me n my husband could enjoy as a coulple n not feel uncomfortable strictly no other men .. anyway went for a 'hammam' massage in this hotel N it was my biggest mistake it literally ruined my whole holiday. They literally forced us into getting all extras which out of embarrassment we agreed .. We'd already paid for the full bath n body massage n facial mud mask foot massage Which on arrival we were told was not included so ended up payin an extra 35 odd quid .. Anyway.. Money issues aside.. That was minor... We booked for a private massage for me n my husband n told them we didn't want nothing in descent n preferred no men in room .., they asked us to strip infront of all the customers n walk around in our underwear which was ridiculous n ontop of it whilst the woman was bathing me men kept constantly walkin in staring like it was a free show for them the woman pulled half my husbands boxers down n threw cold water down them for fun.. Which i allowed n laughed off not wanting to ruin the day Then wen we went in for the massage whilst I was facing down trying to relax having my massage with my husband on the bed next to me.. When I got up .. Little did I kno there was three women on my husband all over him one actually climbed up legs on the bed literally sat ontop of his head massaging his back n two other women on his feet and legs .. Giggling n feeling him up more than anything indecently touching him n lookin at me whilst doing it .. i stayed patient still untill the young girl sat on top of his head started makin eye to eye contact with me continuously in a very disrespectful dirty manner .. Then I lost it n went balistic! wed made it clear we wanted a nice private relaxing couple massage that's wat we'd paid double for ! Ended up kickin off I was realy upset Was told the girl with her bits all over my husbands head was a 16 year old only just started the job .. Ridiculous ! One woman to massage me n 3 all over him. Ugh Worst experience ever.. Ruined my holiday . Don't ever go here horrible disrespectful cheap indecent robbing people.. it was disgusting what they did. Don't ever use this place . Cheap dirty horrible place felt like goin to a brothel . Disgusted!

1 Thank MissMyax