Sunprime Beachfront Hotel
Poseidon Hotel(Marmaris)(Great Value!)
$88
$76
  • Pool
All reviewsperfect locationsea viewwalking distance to the marinaprivate section of beachinclusive menuplaying loud musicbeach waiterturkeylove kidslovely hotelbar staff waitershotel barbeach towelsa wonderful stayrooms are smallincluded in the all inclusivedefinitely return to this hotel
Reviewed August 20, 2013

We booked the beachfront hotel after looking at many of the hotels in marmaris. We were happy with our choice especially looking at all the reviews.

Firstly the transfer to and from the airport was very scary the Turks drive very dangerously would never take my children to turkey because of this. I know this is nothing to do with the hotel but thought I would mention it anyway.

We arrived early hours, check in was very speedy didn't really understand the bloke that checked us in tho but found our room easily the lift is tiny just managed to fit me and my husband in the lift with our suitcases.

The rooms were small but ok for two of us we had a sea view which was lovely but did get very hot at times we had to leave the balcony doors open so the room wasn't boiling when we returned for the evening. Being at the front of the hotel we were right near all the noise from the bars but we didn't find it to upsetting once the doors were all closed it wasn't so bad.

The food was lovely cant fault the hotel there. There was only one night we couldn't find anything to eat being vegetarians but it didn't bother us we just went out to eat one night.

Most of the staff were friendly the young lads working on the bar Balik and JJ on the beach and the rep for Jollys were very friendly we found the manager to be abit obnoxious he never said hello the whole 2 weeks were there he only seemed interested in the Russian guests. He switched the tv over one evening when we were watching the football not very customer friendly one bit.

But overall the hotel is in a good location plenty of bars but they can be very pushy sometimes so you just have to ignore them or you will end up spending a small fortune. The town is 10 minute walk were there are plenty of bars, shops and restaurants the main marine is there too.

We went on a bout trip to turtle beach which I would highly recommend definetly the best trip we did that holiday. You can also get the catamaran to Rhodes which was a fantastic day out.

The hotel is aimed more for couples than families I wouldn't take my children here.

Saying that we did have a nice time for our honeymoon but don't think we would return.

2  Thank Jackie654321
Reviewed August 12, 2013

We spent two weeks at The Beachfront Hotel and stayed here due to the high number of positive comments on trip advisor which led us to conclude that it's very overrated!

Location...

Very central and right on the beach but don't expect much sleep after 2400hrs...very noisy particularly if you've got a beach facing room! Lots of noisy drunk people with pumping music but I guess that's marmaris!

Room...

Very small and insufficient bed linen! Basically you get a very thin sheet to share between two of you which isn't great when the air con is either 16 degrees or off completely (too hot!). Room was tiny and not enough space to hang up a few clothes!

Customer service...

This is what really lets the hotel down! Most of the staff are very rude/don't appear to be used to dealing with 'customers' that have spent a lot of money staying here. We were asked to move table mid-meal to make way for a larger party one night. When asking for drinks you seem to be treated poorly end up waiting for ages compared with those who are staying on the beach just for the day..
Staff seem very rude/accommodating especially to British people but all too happy to please Turkish or scantilly clad Russian girls!

Food/drink

Food is good on the whole but a little limited in variety, particularly if staying for longer than decent days. Drinks, very limited in terms of all inclusive - basically squash (they call it juice!), draught beer and cheap wine...

Overall...

Clean and refurbished hotel but don't be fooled by nice photos and positive reviews! Heard that the hotel is trying to gain 4* accreditation for next year - no chance!

Room Tip: Not sea facing due to noise at late night!
7  Thank gmsmith1985
Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

We booked this last minute holiday two days before and we were really impressed with the all inclusive option. The hotel staff were all very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable and we had a great seaview with a balcony. The food was excellent and a great choice.

• Stayed: July 2013
3  Thank DianeTails
Reviewed August 4, 2013

Myself and my family (partner, mother and two sons 6 and 13) stayed at the beachfront hotel at the end of July. We stayed on an all inclusive option.
My partner and I, shared a room and my mother and sons shared. The rooms we two small for both really. The third bed was an uncomfortable fold out bed and made the small room over crowded. The balcony was small and for what we paid a little disappointing.

The hotel had a very modern look and clean. The staff work hard not all were friendly and welcoming.

The location was perfect, right on the beach and in the centre of everything local,

The food was average, for an all inclusive option I would expect more range and variety. Even though the food was fresh and the chef would cook omlettes at breakfast, it didn't really cater for children, except for the snack time and there is only so much nuggets and chips the children could eat. I was very disappointed that ice cream was included.
The drinks were also disappointing as very limited to what was included, no cocktails or rum :(

The entertainment was limited, a couple of singers in the evening on a few nights but nothing on offer for the children.

I feel this hotel should be marketed as a adult only hotel, as this is what is was geared towards.

As this was my first time to turkey, I really enjoyed the country, however I would not stop at the beachfront hotel as a british family again. There is not enough on offer, for families, I would stay on a self catering basis as generally Turkey is relatively cheap compared to Europe and looking at other hotel near by I would stop at a hotel which offer more for families.

Room Tip: Ask for a room over looking the beach, at very good view. We stopped in room 305
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tasha17
Reviewed August 3, 2013

This was mine and my partners second trip to turkey ( Marmaris) the previous being 4 years ago, this hotel is by far one of the best in the area It's location right on the beach is perfect and the staff are brilliant.
We are in our early 20's and seemed to be the younest staying here but that by no means this is a holiday for the older generation as we really enjoyed ourselfs, There was couples from all over Europe staying here which we enjoyed talking too, the rooms are very clean and we were at the front on the 5th (top) floor the views were amazing over the bay and all the way up and down the beach.
We stayed all inclusive but still took money to eat out when we shouldn't of bothered the food is great something for everyone and a different option everyday also really fresh, in the morning the chef will also cook eggs and omlets if you ask him to.
So all in all I would really recommend this hotel to people of all ages!

Room Tip: Ask for sea view at the front of the building the views are amazing