“Beautiful hotel and location overall”

Golden Rock Beach Hotel
Ranked #21 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“Beautiful hotel and location overall”
Reviewed July 15, 2013

This is the third time my family and I have visited Turkey and I have to say this is the best hotel we have been to. The location is perfect its situated right on the beach and near shops and bars. The hotel itself is amazing the staff are very friendly and are lovely to speak too. The food and service won't let you down either there is a huge variety of food that caters to all. The entertainment is also really good throughout the day and there are activities to take part in. I really enjoyed staying here and would definitely come again. I would give this hotel 10/10 you won't be disappointed.

• Stayed July 2013
3 Thank sophiad92

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (251)
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I spent a week at the Golden Rock at the end of June with my family, I thought the hotel was lovely, it was really clean and spacious and all the staff were very friendly. We went all inclusive and I'd definitely recommend doing that as the food is very tasty, especially the chicken that they serve at lunch! You also get one evening at the a la carte restaurant which is right on the beach front and made a nice change.

The first day round the pool seemed really quiet but I later found that this was because it was the entertainers day off, when they did arrive it was much more lively with lots of music and games throughout the day. The entertainment team do a really good job (especially Charlie) of getting everyone involved and I'd recommend taking a trip to bar street with them on the free bus if you like to party!

I enjoyed it so much I'm looking to go back in September with my friends, it's great value for money and loads of fun.

Room Tip: Try and get a room on the 1st floor as the lift can take a while!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Aysha89
Lancaster
Reviewed July 15, 2013

Recently returned from a week at the Golden Rock which we thoroughly enjoyed.This was a family holiday myself my husband, 3 daughters aged 18-26 and daughters partner. We arrived late at night, we were greeted by Eminem and were immediately upgraded to sea view and pool rooms at no extra charge. The rooms were spacious and very clean, we loved the glass lift to the upper floors. There was only one thin top sheet on the bed and when my daughter asked if she could have a further blanket it was delivered to the room within minutes. The whole hotel was very clean, the rooms were cleaned daily and towels changed. We were all inclusive, which I admit to being a little worried about beforehand however there was plenty of variety, fabulous salads and you get food and drink almost all hours of the day.The staff were very polite and friendly and all we spoke to spoke very good English. The entertainment team were fantastic, especially Charlie, they made an effort to get everyone involved but weren't too pushy if you really didn't fee like it. Every night after the hotels entertainment had finished they ran a free bus down to one of the clubs on Bar Street they accompanied the bus, got everyone into the club free, gave them half price drinks voucher and then made sure everyone got back on the free bus back at 3.00am. We made lots of nice friends around the pool and had a really great time. We definitely stay here again and would not hesitate recommending this hotel to others.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Jackiet22
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I stayed at the Golden Rock Hotel with my parents at the end of June. It was our first time abroad in 9 years, first time in turkey, first time in a 5* hotel and first time going all inclusive. The hotel is about a 2 hour drive from Dalaman airport, on the way to the hotel other people got dropped off at their hotels and apartments. When we finally arrived at our hotel, at 12 at night, it was all lit up with huge windows all the way round the front. While my parents checked us in I stood in the middle of the huge lobby staring at the huge chandelier in the middle hanging from the 4th floor to just below the 1st floor. There was huge shaped mirrors in a pattern above the reception desk and small hanging crystals on the ceiling towards the top bar. There was a person who took our suitcases to our room on a brass suit case carrier thing. We had the biggest room in the hotel and the biggest balcony with a table and two chairs and 3 sun beds on it and it still had room for a small hot tub! We had the best view in the hotel too I reckon as we over looked the town with all the lights, people walking around, loud and lively music coming from the bar opposite and some other places until around 3 in the morning. We could also see the sea and beach and the mountains which had houses on and lit up in the dark. The day time entertainment was a great laugh starting off with aqua gym in the morning demonstrated by entertainers Charlie and Gogo at the end of all pool games we all had to stand on the edge of the pool, do a dance, hold hands and jump in. I'm quite shy and usually stay to myself but I look older then I am and the bartenders decided they liked me and were always trying to get my attention an have a conversation with me. Their English is good and quite easy to understand. The evening entertainment was a great laugh as well, me and my mum especially loved the Turkish night every Wednesday night with belly dancers and traditional Turkish dancing we also had a Brazilian night with traditional Brazilian dancing and break dancers another night. Everyone is amazingly friendly in the hotel and will say good morning to you in the morning or if they see you outside the hotel they will say hi as well. Awesome holiday, amazing hotel and brilliant entertainers and staff. A HUGE thanks to Charlie and Gogo for getting me involved and my parents, not forgetting Beyza for encouraging me to do belly dancing on stage I front of people, they all helped bring me out of my shell and made the holiday the best it could be and Alfie the DJ for awesome loud music all day and evening with a mix of English and Turkish and also making an effort the talk to me in the lobby and making me laugh. Also thank you to Kenny and Cihan the bartenders for teaching me some Turkish and being really friendly. We will definitely stay again and book the same room 621. Loved it.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Emilie96
alford lincolnshire united kingdom
Reviewed July 11, 2013

Just got back from a week at the Golden Rock. Read a few reviews,some i agree with others not so. Five star hotel,although very nice,just not five star. that said the hotel was of very good standard. Food plentiful and a good choice. been on many all inclusive and must say one of the best, even if a bit repetitive,but you know what to expect. But you also get one night at the cafe resteraunt included,but you do have to book as is never mentioned at check in. (go to guest relations).
All in all I was happy with the service i received as staff very friendly as looked after us very well.
George (am sure that's his real name) was excellent making sure we had a table. A few quid goes a long way.

On location,just far away from the hustle and bustle,but close enough if you want it. 2 lira to get in to Marmaris or Icmeler if you want it.
One tip is just hail them down ,no need to get to the bus stop.

Entertainment a little bit to be desired but you can always go out for the night.
My opinion is for what we paid was excellent value for money.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank Rusty L
UK
Reviewed July 11, 2013

+ Hotel itself was very clean, rooms a nice size although not well lit, perfect location on the main road.
+ Spa was clean and spa staff were extremely helpful.
+/-Some staff members were very polite and helpful, however one woman on reception was extremely rude and dismissive. Most staff speak little english except for the odd few..getting a glass of water from the bar proved difficult at times.

- The beach is NOT A PRIVATE BEACH. Everyone from up the road came down and used it. Not sandy, cannot walk on it without shoes.

-Food was edible, but very repetitive. Expected more fruit considering it was 5 star...only fruit was watermelon everyday. Most of the time food was unlabeled so you had to take a guess at what you were putting out.

- NO IRON: We had to plead for an iron and were then informed it cost £1.50 per garment.

- SAFE NOT INCLUDED: Never have I been to a 5 star hotel and been told there is an additional daily charge if you wish to use the safe.

- Housekeeping was ok. Our bin wasnt always emptied, and although we had 3 people in our room on 3 seperate beds, on several occasions we were only given 2 towels.

MARMARIS OVERALL: Haggle for everything. Everyone rips you off left right and centre. Be careful with excursions and triple check the times on different days prior to your excursion (times seemed to change for the same excursion with them coming half hour before they said so you nearly miss it etc). 'Bono' restaurant on the marina=BEAUTIFUL. Reasonably priced and excellent service.

Room Tip: Corner suites are large and have lots of light
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank maztUk
York, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 10, 2013

Just returned from our visit to Marmaris. Our room was good and had a lovely view for which we had paid extra and was well maintained. The food was adequate and was what is to be expected from All Inclusive, the entertainment appalling and the noise round the pool every day was deafening but would maybe appeal to the younger holiday makers. Staff on the whole were pleasant with the odd exception. Private beach poor and very crowded as was the pool area.
Willnot rush back. Pop in Restaurant very good wonderful staff and good food.

Room Tip: Our room was 240 excellent view
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple