“Not to bad afterall!”

Ranked #39 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
scotland
“Not to bad afterall!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

stayed at club viva 16th-23rd Oct, myself, hubby & 2 kids 12 & 14 years, we had a great family holiday, only major fault with hotel was our room could have been cleaner don't think it had been cleaned for our arrival however was cleaned everyday thereafter which makes me think it was an oversight we never complained it was 3am when we arrived, bottled water in fridge for our arrival! Pool area could also have been cleaner was not hosed down each night. Food was good usually 4 hot choices if you did not like them then there was always lots of salad items to choose from so you never go hungry, theres no full english for breakfast in Turkish hotels if you know that before you go you wont be disappointed theres plenty of restaurants to go to for breakfast £2 (not bad). Not a huge pool area so I would imagine during the height of summer season you would seriously struggle to get a sunbed & yes the mosque is right on the door step but I only heard it once at 5am during the week we stayed. You get what you pay for and I can honestly say we really enjoyed our stay and would return, oh & the night porter seriously needs a can of deodorant!!!

Room Tip: request a room at the front of the hotel and you wont be woken by the mosque
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
6 Thank mishmoneypenny2

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (326)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Burton upon Trent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2012

Stayed here with my Boyfriend early Oct and to be quite honest, I was pretty nervous as we had not been to Turkey before and had heard some rather bad reviews. That week at Club Via totally changed my mind! It was clean, the staff were friendly & helpful (especially Melis on reception who I am still in touch with), there was entertainment everynight; suitiable for children and adults and the location was bang on; not in the main part of Marmaris but not to the point where there was nothing to do..there are plenty of bars/shops/restuarants nearby and the beach is only a 25min walk. We hired out a moped while we were there and took a drive around, I didn't see a hotel that I would have rather stayed at, Club Viva really was the best of the bunch!
A few things I would mention; the food got a bit repetitive, which we didn't mind as it was cheap enough to eat out when we felt like it anyway. The pool area was too small; crowded pool and crowded bathing area..Not enough sun loungers. Apparently they have bought the property next door and will be expanding so that should solve that problem.
Lastly, the property is next to a Mosque, and the call for prayers 5 times per day, personally I didn't mind this but did hear a couple of guests moaning that they were sick of hearing it, they need to respect the fact that Turkey is a Muslim country, if they don't like it, don't go!
I loved it & will be going again next year!!!!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
9 Thank MissScatty
Darlington, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

My boyfriend and I have just returned from having stayed at Club Viva - 21st Oct - 28th Oct 2012.
I chose this hotel over others after having studied the reviews.
On arrival at the hotel in the early hours, we were shown to room 106 - this was tiny - wardrobe doors were off and there was a hole in the bathroom door. Once the cases were in the room we could not move. I spoke with the reception staff who were nice and friendly (they appeared to appreciate the size of the first room) and we were moved on to the fourth floor into a much more spacious room.
Although the weather was not great, I will give honest facts - both bad and good about the hotel itself;

Good points
Very clean pool area
Rooms were regularly cleaned
Polite reception staff
Nice decor
Cushions on the sunbeds were a nice touch

Bad points
No bottled water in the room on arrival (in the early hours) and in anycase there is a charge for bottled water.
The hotel is located directly next door to a place of worship i.e. mosque. Loud speakers projected prayers approximately five times a day starting at 05:30 each morning. This was not relaxing as it was very loud and woke us up.
Bar staff were rude and arrogant
No cocktail menu was available - I was told that this would be an extra charge and they did not appear to want to use the house spirits to create cocktails
Be aware, the bar clock is 5 minutes fast and they stop serving at 23:00hrs. (Queue or no queue)
Food was average - not a great deal of choice
If you wanted a drink with your evening meal, the waiters did not assist - you would have to walk to the other side of the pool to take a drink with you to your table.
A 20 minute walk to the beach / marina
Sunbeds are taken very quickly and although it states that sunbeds can not be reserved, it was a struggle to get a bed that was actually in the sun.
All in all, the holiday was cheap but if I returned I would definitely chose a different hotel.

Room Tip: Fourth floor rooms are spacious and nicely decorated however the balcony is not sheltered
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Howey77
Scunthorpe, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

Just returned home from a 2 week all inclusive holiday at Club Viva Hotel. Upon arrival I was pleasently surprised how clean and modern the hotel is. We were shown to our rooms which were on the 3rd floor, Rooms 316 and 317. They were big with a double bed and a single bed in both rooms. Our balconies overlooked the pool which is what I requested. I had a bit of a shock the first moning as I was woken up at 6am due to the mosque but you get used to it, and after a couple of mornings I didn't even hear it. I found all the staff to be very friendly, polite, helpful and played with the children. You do have to put a towel out quite early to secure a sun lounger but we only did this when we knew we would be staying in the hotel that day. The waiters work very hard as they are there from breakfast until about 10pm everyday. They also clean the pool/pool area everyday at 5pm which I was pleasently surprised at. The food was nice but a bit repetitive after the first week. There was a couple of meat choices available as well as salads and soup. There were snacks available during the day usually pancakes, sausage, chips, cakes and biscuits. I was surprised at how much food was available, There was always something for everyone. The hotel entertainer Jack is a nice man who tries to talk to everyone. He plays music in the day with games of Waterpolo, Darts and Pool. At night there is a kids disco, Bingo and outside entertainment usually dancers that ask you to pay tips but you don't have to. There is free wifi in the hotel lounge which is useful and there is a computer that you can use for 2.50 tl. There is a convenient little shop in the hotel but only use it if you have to as it can be a little expensive. The pool is quite deep at 1.50m but there is a shallow pool for young children. My daughter learnt to swim during our stay which is wonderful. The bus will pick you up from right outside the hotel and take you in to Marmaris for 2tl. My family love this hotel and we will definately be returning. This hotel may not be to everyones liking but the good definately out weighs the bad. Thankyou to everyone at Club Viva Hotel for making our stay wonderful and see you all again soon.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Jen R
Rotterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2012

We are just back from nice hotel Club viva after stayed 7 days 17th/24th oct.We are so glad we did go Club viva.Rooms are so nice and cozy;very clean and fresh.Food and beverage great and
very friendly staff and try for you everything.Pool is nice and has slide and no problem for get a sunbed.Many thanks to all staff for unforgettable holiday....

Room Tip: Pool side is so large
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
4 Thank cem k
Chelmsford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

Just returned from another week here with my husband and young son. We love this hotel for a few reasons.

The location - yes its not in the centre but we dont want to be in the hustle and bustle. The dolmus stops outside so no problem there or a 20min walk to the centre. Also around the hotel are some shops and restaurants.

The staff are friendly we found if you were polite to them they were polite to you. The staff worked very hard. The hotel and rooms were always clean and tidy. There seemed to always be cleaning something.

The fresh breakfast that was cooked outside was a new addition this year and the pancakes and omlettes where very nice.

The food for us some nights was not for us but we knew that and we dont stay in at any hotel every night we like to explore and experiance turkey. We ate at yes sir and green park and queen vic. The food is sooooo cheap its stupid not to try other places. The same for breakfast some mornings we ate out but thats what we like to do and when a full english is £1 its stupid not try elsewhere. What food we had there was ok the lunches that we tried were lovely and perfect for what it was. We are not the kind of people just to stay at the hotel while we are away. We like to go out and about and have fun. Some people did not leave from one day to the next thats just not us.

The drinks were fine i believe they were not watered down. The spirits you got a big amount and sometimes i found the vodka and coke too strong. Loads of choice tea and nescafe coffee all day and night orange juice strawberry pomegranite juice lemon drink and water all day and night. Pepsi diet pepsi pepsi max lemonade orange fanta all day and night. Efes beer local spirits till 11pm.

We knew about the mosque opposite but it didnt wake us up and we were poolside facing it.

I believe it depends on a person and what they want from a holiday. We loved it. rooms where clean comfortable beds were lovely for us. Air con was good and free. Food ok but we always try other places on any all inclusive holiday. Good location and lots to see and do around the hotel and in the centre. We had fun again and will be back next year.

• Stayed October 2012
9 Thank Emma T
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2012

what a great hotel to holiday in, we stayed 11th - 19th Oct, rooms are great, food is great, very clean , very friendly staff nothing was a problem, yes there is a mosque next door but you get used to that and it isn't all hours of the day and night!.You do have to get up early to put towels down as there are limited sunbeds. We are already booked up for 10 nights in July next year and I can't wait. Do not listen to the bad reviews they can't be justified, I can asure you that you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends