“Best choice in Marmaris”
Review of Sesin Hotel

Sesin Hotel
Ranked #90 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed August 25, 2012

I really love it, it is your best place to stay in Marmaris. very good service, suitable price for the rooms and good place near to the beach.
all activities there are really near, the food is not that bad as average lets say, the hotel is 4 stars and you feel it is real 4 stars (not like other hotels).

I recommend to book your room there =)

Room Tip: be gentle to the receptionist to give u a good room!
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mohammed Y

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Best place to stay.Amazing staff ,service ,facilites and could not ask for more.Although the hotel is 4 star but the service provided is 5*+.I would defo recommend this hotel to everyone.Its 5 min walk distance to city center and 5 min away from the beach.The food is great and the pool area is wicked......

Room Tip: All rooms are good ,but i would recommend high floor at the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
23  Thank Muhammad R
Reviewed June 13, 2012

Really good hotel. Staff are very friendly and always happy to help. Rooms are cleaned every day + the bathrooms have just been refurbished. Its only a few minutes from the beach which is also great. There is a great selection of food so i'm sure there will be something you like, if not then your just plain picky. Loved my stay, even going back this summer. Don't know how there's bad reviews on here, its value for money!

• Stayed: June 2012
12  Thank DanielleFalconer
Reviewed June 9, 2012

Well went on the 25th May for 2 weeks after reading the positive reviews.Arieved in the middle of the night we were expected and taken to our room.breakfast is the normal eggs frankferter sausages cold meats and cheases bread tea coffee ect.plenty to eat and taesty,dinner more or less chicken or fish .nice bottled wine not cheapo as good as a house red.evening still more or less chichen beefbugers. curry chips rice ect or salad and lovery afters desserts to die for tea coffee and wine.now when the hotel is almost full the evening meal is served out side by the pool this is certainly as plus as its very nice too do this.all inclusive drinks ok and very generious measures.every whare spotless, staff great. my wife and myself are in our mid 60s but there were people of all ages grops of youngsters middle aged and some older than us,and all nationanalities were represented.well thats it o tv but only 2 english channals

Room Tip: room with pool view is nice ok at night music off by midnight
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank telstamps
Reviewed May 28, 2012

Returned from Marmaris on 24/05/12, had a good 2 week holiday. What can I say that's positive about the Sesin Hotel, the hotel is spotless, kept very clean, towels changed when needed, room tidied every day, staff were all extremely helpful and pleasant.
On a negative note, there was no entertainment for the whole time my husband and I were there, the food was awful, breakfast consisted of cereal, boiled eggs, hot dog sausages and beans, with the usual salad, cold meat and cheese, lunch was soup, which some days was nice, cold chicken nuggets and chips, dinner, hmm not sure what it was as there was nothing to say what it was!! there was only 1 choice and it was being served to you as apposed to being self service associated with being all inclusive. My husband and I ate out for breakfast and dinner most of the holiday, (and my husband usually eats anything, so it must have been bad) an expense that really should not have been nessesary on an all inclusive package holiday. You are definatelly NOT ALLOWED to take any water up to your room or any snacks, you have to use and pay for what is in the mini bar, all part of Health and Safety apparentely, but you could order room service snacks and alcohol drinks. What we paid for the holiday was not a fortune, but if there had been more choice of food, then the hotel would not get so many bad reviews.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank MarionFleming
Reviewed May 25, 2012

I feel the need to share my review with you on tripadvisor as this site helped me make my decision for holiday..

We arrived at Sesin on the first day of our holiday (30th April), walking into the building you could have heard a pin drop - staff rushed to the desk to help us as we were then told we were the first guests of the season. Food was at 7pm that night so we went up to the restaurant expecting a choice of food, however the food was just brought to us on a plate regardless of whether we had any special dietary requirements or not. Staff at the restaurant were always friendly and nothing was ever too much trouble!
Whilst staying at the hotel there was no entertainment apart from the night when a lot of Turkish guests arrived for the night and they had a Turkish male singer who sang the same song for about 2 hours.
Food was boring and always repetitive, I have to be honest I wasnt expecting a lot as like others have stated this isn't a 5* hotel and Turkey certainly isn't the bahamas! However, the hotel is rated as 4* and I would probably just award it a 3. Beds and rooms were clean, on the first night however we turned the shower on and water just started flooding the bathroom, we told the gentleman at reception who called the engineer, however the next morning it still flooded so we were moved room.
Staff were friendly enough and the pool was always immaculate. However, 3 days into my holiday I had an injury whilst out on an excursion, a few days later I was in agony and the receptionist advised my partner to take me along to the hospital with passport and travel insurance documents and we would have free treatment, we went to the state hospital which was a poor excuse of a hospital (we think the NHS is bad!) they charged me 157 lira to change a dressing on my leg which later caused infection; when arriving back at the hotel the receptionist asked if we had been to the hospital, when telling him we had and how much it had cost he replied "Silly! You should have come and told me and I would tell you where to go" I was absolutely mortified! It went downhill from here .. I couldn't eat as it was making me ill, I wouldn't drink alcohol from the all inclusive bar as it tasted like hairspray! when I asked if I could have a single measure rather than 6, I just had a stinking look! From here on in I just wanted to go home and stayed in the room sleeping the days away to go home.
The staffs english wasn't great which was quite difficult as you couldn't communicate, other guests were very loud and rowdy and management never once stepped in to calm this down.
On our last day we were waiting for our holiday taxi to collect us, when walking back from the mini mart to the hotel to get our cases, the other receptionist advised us that we shouldnt be taking things back to our room from outside, I tried to explain that we were literally getting them for our bus trip, he made a rude noise and looked away, around 5 minutes later when we went back to reception to hand in our key for the room they asked if we had finished our mini bar - to be honest with you my reply was "It was never started in the first place" this makes me think they try charging you for services youve never been given, beware as others have also mentioned this on here! I handed back in the key, they had no clue we were even leaving!
When talking to other guests who strangely loved the tacky hotel, the bar staff offered and brought them drinks, bearing in mind our all inclusive bands were still in force until the next day, the bar staff never even offered us a drink and rudely ignored we were even there.. Shortly after, to my relief the holiday taxi arrived - staff then came running from everywhere to help us with our bags - probably looking for the tip they werent going to get! too little too late!

In all honesty I wouldn't go back to Marmaris again as it isn't my cup of tea, my only advice would be if you are going to visit there, I would pay a bit more and stay in one of the nicer hotels, Blue Bay looks absolutely gorgeous! Marmaris Palace in Icmeler also looks nice as well as Elegance.

Room Tip: All rooms are loud due to either being by the pool area or backing on to another hotel!
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Rianon J
Reviewed May 12, 2012

Returned to this hotel one year on from last visit and again found it to be exceptional value for money and people on this site complaining and giving poor reviews want to realise if you pay 3 star prices thats what you get (in the case of the Sesin a little more than 3 star!!), they need to start complaining when its vice versa (pay 5 star get three!!). Firstly everything is spotless clean romms and towels done every day, there is a serious case of OCD going on in this Hotel!! The staff are incredible dedicated, polite and helpful. the pool area is adequate and, again, exceptionally clean.

Now to the food, again the whingers need something better to do as everything is fresh, with good selections of hot and cold dishes but be prepared to accept you are in Turkey and not Mcdonalds!!

Location is spot on very close to beach, bars and restaurents.

Some improvements to the gym, mattresses for the sunbeds (on beach as well as hotel), and a little more entertainment at off peak times would make a vast improvement at little cost (Yilmaz take note!!).

Finally, as a famous sports brand would say "just do it"!!

Room Tip: 02nd/03rd floor, pool view.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo