“Marvellous Hotel Marbella in Marmaris”
Review of Hotel Marbella

Hotel Marbella
Ranked #5 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed March 17, 2014

My friend and I spent a wonderful 10 days in the hotel.Excellent staff, very friendly, polite and helpful.The hotel was spotlessly clean.The private beach was amazing, with free sunbeds and umbrellas.
The town of Marmaris was about 45 minutes walk away.Catching the bus was fun and an experience not to missed.
We have already made our booking to return in October 2014.

Room Tip: A room facing the sea is definately a must!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank Gillian E

Reviewed February 10, 2014

Great hotel in good location along the beach area, clean and comfortable rooms with modern decor. Breakfast good selection but we did not try evening meal as prefer to eat out.
Staff friendly and very polite, no problems during our stay.
Short walk into town centre or catch local bus.
Overall would highly recommend for good value hotel in Marmaris.

Room Tip: higher floor, sea view
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
9  Thank Paul R
Reviewed November 23, 2013

Stayed in this hotel first week of October and it was first class, It is very modern very clean and very quite it also sits right on the beach so your views throughout the day are un-spoilt be it laying by the pool or on the private part of the beach in front of the hotel, staff are great and always fussing round after you making sure your stay is perfect in every way. The food is very good with plenty of choice for breakfast and dinner for the difference in price it is worth upgrading to half board from BB

Room Tip: get a sea view its worth the extra cost
4  Thank triggeron
Reviewed November 11, 2013

We went to Turkey for the October break, lets get the bad things out of the way first, our room was a bit small but OK, and it was the end of the season and the hotel was slowly closing down, now the positive, this hotel is well looked after, clean is not the word, immaculate would be better, from the moment we arrived we were well looked after the staff were very friendly and helpful, the pool was open but cold but i wouldn't mind betting they had turned the heating off (and who could blame them I was the only person to go near it all week), The breakfast was good, and plenty of it, the bar was right under our room but on the night when we closed the patio doors no sound could be heard, we could use the wifi in our room but i think that was because we were on the lower floor, you are right on the sea front, its about 1 hour slow work into Marmaris and 2 hours slow walk into Icmeler, this hotel was not near all the night life so would be good if you don't want a too noisy time, you are near the main road which is good for catching the bus, and a short walk to the water taxi. a great place and i would stay here again no problems.

Room Tip: Go for a sea view
5  Thank trevorwilkie1274
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Its not quite a family hotel as there is nothing for kids to do at all yet its not really for couples because on a night we would have a vodka on our balcony with the other couple we went with and we got told off several times but the staff had banter when we was coming through reception drunk and in the pool we was frownded upon by old guests for laughing etc.. BUT the staff was actualy lovely and the fresh drinks around the pool was yummy close to all nice restaurants and the beach a stone throw away. Room was always clean n the beds made with are bed sheets made into pretty things like birds or flowers etc. Got a free bottle of wine and biscuits wi the room and the showers r amazing! !! Breakfast is also good for the money. Would recomend this hotel! :)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank rebeccabluedavey
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here recently so will be as honest as I can.

Good points :-

Rooms and cleanliness very good. Sea view good.Bed quality very good. Hotel public areas good. Wi-Fi good.
Beach location excellent. General location about 40 minute walk medium paced walk on the flat to Marmaris centre plus an extra 10 minutes to the harbour and marina area and about 50 minute walk to Ichmeler in the opposite direction. There is plenty of people watching to be done on the way so you wont be bored. All flat so excellent for the less stable footed.

Areas for Improvement:-

Patio chairs uncomfortable need a cushion for longer sitting.Reception staff could be more attentive and put themselves out a little more to be more helpful at times. We very rarely need reception but didn't feel they were as customer focussed as they could be.We have experienced dramatically better, so we didn't really bother asking much,but they seemed reasonably pleasant.
Food,dining area modern and clean both in and outside. Food warm enough. Found the choice a little limiting and repetitive especially on the food station. But was well cooked .I never once saw the evening Chef cook any of the lamb, chicken or kebab. Breakfast chef (Female) was really jolly and helpful.In fact I would say as it was low season and only a couple of weeks to close that they were over staffed for what we saw was needed. The Head chef paces around with what I can only describe as a surly expression on his face even though I and others smiled and acknowledged him quite a few times he barely flinched.
"Salaman" the waiter was excellent and attentive at all times. We were half board but would not do that again as there is much better outside at reasonable prices.
Overall the hotel is good but could definitely be very good by tweaking certain areas.
We were told that the food was far better at the sister hotel 2 hotels down "Sunrise" so we may give that a go.
We visited this Turkish resort about 15 years ago and it has come on leaps and bounds since then. Travelled by private taxi return from the airport booked it on line with Seagull taxis, they were excellent and spot on with the times.£81 return included discount.

7  Thank BLUE56
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed at the Marbella on a half board basis, so breakfast and dinner included. We were dropped off at the main road and we had to walk 5 mins to the hotel, that would normally be fine if its juts you and your bags, but we had the baby, our bags and his bags. Although there was a group of us travelling, we had to carry everything in 2 trips...something Thomas Cook or the hotel could perhaps look into?

Check in was quick and freindly. We chose to make use of our rooms safe which was extra, I think it was a pound a day. Room was very nice, the view from the balcony was of the next door hotels pool with big trees. The room had complimentary wine, turkish delight, biscuits and 2 bottles of water for arrival (they don't get replenished) very nice touch though. Lots of towels, lovely shower and bathroom with good hairdryer. Room was very nice, only issue was the bed was made up of 2 single beds put together, so 1st night, I rolled over towards my wife, the beds split and I fell on the floor...she found it funny, I was not amused.
There was a TV in the room with 1 english channel- the news... the rest was in turkish, polish and russian. Not that you would want to sit there watching tv on holiday, but its nice to have something on first thing in the morning or when you are getting ready...Anyway we began watching this turkish drama and doing our own dialogues, there was one guy on the show who slapped everyone he met and everytime he slapped a woman, she would just pass out, I know it doesn't sound funny and shouldn't be funny, but it really was!

The hotel has a nice dining area facing the sea. A great pool/bar area and an outside dining area also. They also have the beach 10 seconds away for hotel guests. Not quite sandy, but still fantastic. Lots of sunbeds always available.

Bar had really great staff, so friendly and AMAZING cocktails that have alcohol in them, I say that becasue other bars, restaurants where we had drinks tasted like watered down unpleasantness. At the hotel though, the drinks would blow your head off at how strong they were, mmmmm! Anyhoot, the cocktails at the bar cost between 15-20 lira.

So, the first couple of day in Marmaris, sunny during the day, but freezing in the evening, no rain, just cold and windy. We had to wear jackets and joggers. It was so cold, this was because of the end of season... after those first few cold evening, it turned lovely and warm every single day... no rain, no clouds, just perfection!

Loads of restaurant near by, walking distance from the nearby Migros - a supermarket where you can buy stuff. Their alcohol was very expensive!

Overall the Hotel was fantastic! My only complaints would be as follows, The dining staff. So dinign hours are set and written on the board outside the dining are. I believe dinner was 1900-2130. So we arrived to eat at 2100, the staff in the dining area were so unfriendly! Telling us the close at 2130 and looking irritated at us. I thought maybe we are imagining this... we were out by 2125. Next night same thing, only this time a waiter said, where have you guys been? we opened at 1900, you should be here earlier! It was only 2100! He said we should come at 2030 next time, so next night we did, suddenly they were all smiles , but as soon as we left, the moment we exited the dining are, all of the staff began loading up their plates to eat. So I understand, us coming in later or closer to their closing time irritates them as they jsut want to close the doors and eat themselves. That is fine by me, but then perhaps they should consider changing the dining sign to say last dinner sitting is at 2030 as we close at 2130, instead of treating people abruptly and jsut plain rudely!
There was another incident where I had asked if they had anymore of a paricular type of Baklava left, they said no, we took another type, got treated with dirt looks, left and got more dirty look, forgot my sunglasses, returned only to find they had replenished a tray with the baklava that I had requested... Now maybe I am reading to much into this. Maybe the staff I spoke to all had facial expressions that made them look like they hated the world, maybe they were all having a bad day -everyday, maybe they are all devestated that the season is coming to an end. Or maybe they need to have a chat with the staff who work around the remainder of the hotel and see how fantastic their level of customer service is? Eitherway, I didn't let them get me down, instead I greeted them all with a huge smile and wave on everydays arrival and departure from the dining area, but day 10, I think I might have got a slight smile from one or two of them....

As for the food itself, OH MY GOD! It was fantastic! kebabs, lamp chops, fresh salad, baklava, amazing cakes...the list goes on. I know some people may find the food abit repeatative as it doesn't really change much, but I loved it! I could have eaten here every single day! We ate here on most night... The evening meal came with no drinks, you had to pay on top, water was 2.75lira for a litre bottle, which is fair. The only suggestion for the chefs would be, perhaps consider having 1 hot food dish for vegetarian? 2 of our group were veggies and they never got a warm veggie option...

The breakfast was also brill, omlette station, bread, cereals, fresh fruit, dried fruits, usual stuff, no pork products, but everything else you could want for. Included were, coffees, teas, juice, water...very nice!

The hotel had no entertainment, although they did have a small stage area, they did nothing with it but store chairs on it, bit of a shame... The near by hotels had something goin on most night, sometime very very loud, you could hear and feel their music even in your room with the balcony door closed, not great with for light sleepers or those with kids, fortunately we are all heavy sleepers including the baby.

Overall, I would stay here again. I loved the staff (that didn't work in the dining area) They were very nice to us and made us smile everyday. They answered our queries and made us feel at home. In particular the heavy set woman at reception with glasses and you very young girl at reception. They were fantastic!

You could also buy postcards at reception which they posted for you at a cost of 3.75 lira.

You could get a free towel from reception to use on the beach and return when you were done, this could be done as many times you wanted in a day, everyday, which were did. None of this 1 towel for your whole holiday business...

The hotel staff heated up our babies food many times which was very kind of them. The rooms were cleaned everyday to a fantatic standard.

Although there was one lift, it was fast and never crowded. But the door had a funny habit of closing on you very fast. Again, in spite of the few issues, I have to say this hotel was very enjoyable and I would recommend it to anyone. If they address their issues, then this would be even better.

Room Tip: All of the rooms will get some noise from nearby hotels, so just pick what you want. Also do you rea...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family