“Imbertweeny hotel”

Ranked #5 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Doncaster, United Kingdom
“Imbertweeny hotel”
Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

Its not quite a family hotel as there is nothing for kids to do at all yet its not really for couples because on a night we would have a vodka on our balcony with the other couple we went with and we got told off several times but the staff had banter when we was coming through reception drunk and in the pool we was frownded upon by old guests for laughing etc.. BUT the staff was actualy lovely and the fresh drinks around the pool was yummy close to all nice restaurants and the beach a stone throw away. Room was always clean n the beds made with are bed sheets made into pretty things like birds or flowers etc. Got a free bottle of wine and biscuits wi the room and the showers r amazing! !! Breakfast is also good for the money. Would recomend this hotel! :)

Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank rebeccabluedavey

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Lancashire
Reviewed November 8, 2013

Stayed here recently so will be as honest as I can.

Good points :-

Rooms and cleanliness very good. Sea view good.Bed quality very good. Hotel public areas good. Wi-Fi good.
Beach location excellent. General location about 40 minute walk medium paced walk on the flat to Marmaris centre plus an extra 10 minutes to the harbour and marina area and about 50 minute walk to Ichmeler in the opposite direction. There is plenty of people watching to be done on the way so you wont be bored. All flat so excellent for the less stable footed.

Areas for Improvement:-

Patio chairs uncomfortable need a cushion for longer sitting.Reception staff could be more attentive and put themselves out a little more to be more helpful at times. We very rarely need reception but didn't feel they were as customer focussed as they could be.We have experienced dramatically better, so we didn't really bother asking much,but they seemed reasonably pleasant.
Food,dining area modern and clean both in and outside. Food warm enough. Found the choice a little limiting and repetitive especially on the food station. But was well cooked .I never once saw the evening Chef cook any of the lamb, chicken or kebab. Breakfast chef (Female) was really jolly and helpful.In fact I would say as it was low season and only a couple of weeks to close that they were over staffed for what we saw was needed. The Head chef paces around with what I can only describe as a surly expression on his face even though I and others smiled and acknowledged him quite a few times he barely flinched.
"Salaman" the waiter was excellent and attentive at all times. We were half board but would not do that again as there is much better outside at reasonable prices.
Overall the hotel is good but could definitely be very good by tweaking certain areas.
We were told that the food was far better at the sister hotel 2 hotels down "Sunrise" so we may give that a go.
We visited this Turkish resort about 15 years ago and it has come on leaps and bounds since then. Travelled by private taxi return from the airport booked it on line with Seagull taxis, they were excellent and spot on with the times.£81 return included discount.

7 Thank BLUE56
uk
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed at the Marbella on a half board basis, so breakfast and dinner included. We were dropped off at the main road and we had to walk 5 mins to the hotel, that would normally be fine if its juts you and your bags, but we had the baby, our bags and his bags. Although there was a group of us travelling, we had to carry everything in 2 trips...something Thomas Cook or the hotel could perhaps look into?

Check in was quick and freindly. We chose to make use of our rooms safe which was extra, I think it was a pound a day. Room was very nice, the view from the balcony was of the next door hotels pool with big trees. The room had complimentary wine, turkish delight, biscuits and 2 bottles of water for arrival (they don't get replenished) very nice touch though. Lots of towels, lovely shower and bathroom with good hairdryer. Room was very nice, only issue was the bed was made up of 2 single beds put together, so 1st night, I rolled over towards my wife, the beds split and I fell on the floor...she found it funny, I was not amused.
There was a TV in the room with 1 english channel- the news... the rest was in turkish, polish and russian. Not that you would want to sit there watching tv on holiday, but its nice to have something on first thing in the morning or when you are getting ready...Anyway we began watching this turkish drama and doing our own dialogues, there was one guy on the show who slapped everyone he met and everytime he slapped a woman, she would just pass out, I know it doesn't sound funny and shouldn't be funny, but it really was!

The hotel has a nice dining area facing the sea. A great pool/bar area and an outside dining area also. They also have the beach 10 seconds away for hotel guests. Not quite sandy, but still fantastic. Lots of sunbeds always available.

Bar had really great staff, so friendly and AMAZING cocktails that have alcohol in them, I say that becasue other bars, restaurants where we had drinks tasted like watered down unpleasantness. At the hotel though, the drinks would blow your head off at how strong they were, mmmmm! Anyhoot, the cocktails at the bar cost between 15-20 lira.

So, the first couple of day in Marmaris, sunny during the day, but freezing in the evening, no rain, just cold and windy. We had to wear jackets and joggers. It was so cold, this was because of the end of season... after those first few cold evening, it turned lovely and warm every single day... no rain, no clouds, just perfection!

Loads of restaurant near by, walking distance from the nearby Migros - a supermarket where you can buy stuff. Their alcohol was very expensive!

Overall the Hotel was fantastic! My only complaints would be as follows, The dining staff. So dinign hours are set and written on the board outside the dining are. I believe dinner was 1900-2130. So we arrived to eat at 2100, the staff in the dining area were so unfriendly! Telling us the close at 2130 and looking irritated at us. I thought maybe we are imagining this... we were out by 2125. Next night same thing, only this time a waiter said, where have you guys been? we opened at 1900, you should be here earlier! It was only 2100! He said we should come at 2030 next time, so next night we did, suddenly they were all smiles , but as soon as we left, the moment we exited the dining are, all of the staff began loading up their plates to eat. So I understand, us coming in later or closer to their closing time irritates them as they jsut want to close the doors and eat themselves. That is fine by me, but then perhaps they should consider changing the dining sign to say last dinner sitting is at 2030 as we close at 2130, instead of treating people abruptly and jsut plain rudely!
There was another incident where I had asked if they had anymore of a paricular type of Baklava left, they said no, we took another type, got treated with dirt looks, left and got more dirty look, forgot my sunglasses, returned only to find they had replenished a tray with the baklava that I had requested... Now maybe I am reading to much into this. Maybe the staff I spoke to all had facial expressions that made them look like they hated the world, maybe they were all having a bad day -everyday, maybe they are all devestated that the season is coming to an end. Or maybe they need to have a chat with the staff who work around the remainder of the hotel and see how fantastic their level of customer service is? Eitherway, I didn't let them get me down, instead I greeted them all with a huge smile and wave on everydays arrival and departure from the dining area, but day 10, I think I might have got a slight smile from one or two of them....

As for the food itself, OH MY GOD! It was fantastic! kebabs, lamp chops, fresh salad, baklava, amazing cakes...the list goes on. I know some people may find the food abit repeatative as it doesn't really change much, but I loved it! I could have eaten here every single day! We ate here on most night... The evening meal came with no drinks, you had to pay on top, water was 2.75lira for a litre bottle, which is fair. The only suggestion for the chefs would be, perhaps consider having 1 hot food dish for vegetarian? 2 of our group were veggies and they never got a warm veggie option...

The breakfast was also brill, omlette station, bread, cereals, fresh fruit, dried fruits, usual stuff, no pork products, but everything else you could want for. Included were, coffees, teas, juice, water...very nice!

The hotel had no entertainment, although they did have a small stage area, they did nothing with it but store chairs on it, bit of a shame... The near by hotels had something goin on most night, sometime very very loud, you could hear and feel their music even in your room with the balcony door closed, not great with for light sleepers or those with kids, fortunately we are all heavy sleepers including the baby.

Overall, I would stay here again. I loved the staff (that didn't work in the dining area) They were very nice to us and made us smile everyday. They answered our queries and made us feel at home. In particular the heavy set woman at reception with glasses and you very young girl at reception. They were fantastic!

You could also buy postcards at reception which they posted for you at a cost of 3.75 lira.

You could get a free towel from reception to use on the beach and return when you were done, this could be done as many times you wanted in a day, everyday, which were did. None of this 1 towel for your whole holiday business...

The hotel staff heated up our babies food many times which was very kind of them. The rooms were cleaned everyday to a fantatic standard.

Although there was one lift, it was fast and never crowded. But the door had a funny habit of closing on you very fast. Again, in spite of the few issues, I have to say this hotel was very enjoyable and I would recommend it to anyone. If they address their issues, then this would be even better.

Room Tip: All of the rooms will get some noise from nearby hotels, so just pick what you want. Also do you rea...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
10 Thank travelling_dudeUk
Wakefield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Nice hotel looking onto the beach with own private section of the beach. Our room was nice with sea view and pleasant to sit on the balcony of it. The kind gift of wine, sweets etc made a good start. The staff were friendly and spoke good English. We stayed bed and breakfast only but the breakfasts were good.
The walk to the town centre was approx 30 minutes along the sea front or there was a bus from the back of the hotel right to town every 5 mins costing only 2TL. The water buses were only 100m away to go across the bay or wherever.
A good hotel.

Room Tip: We asked for a sea view at a small extra cost but it was worth it for the views.
5 Thank Nigel B
Reviewed October 26, 2013 via mobile

Wow!! We stayed here back in June for our honeymoon. It was out first time abroad in 8 years. We only choose this hotel because of the great reviews and it was number 1 at the time. The hotel is on the beach, free air conditioning, lovely food. Chicken lavis was wow. I really wanted a seaview room so we paid extra but u could be sneaky and email the hotel and request it. Do it enough in advance and u should be fine. Hotel is immaculate. Shower is lovely. The lowest floor in the hotel still has a great beach view so don't worry if u r on the 1st floor. The hotel isn't overly child friendly so there was only 1 child we saw at the pool all week. Which for us with our 2 young children at home with the grandparents for the week was lovely. If u have children I'd recommend another hotel. If ur a couple this hotel is perfect. There's night clubs a good half hour walk and nice light evening entertainment 5 mins away so for us it was ideal. If ur young and want a good time go somewhere else. This hotel is perfect for a relaxing holiday. Oh and scuba diving and lazy day cruise booked with uncle jon 5 minutes walk on the high street was brilliant.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Vicky F
Glasgow
Reviewed October 25, 2013

My wife & myself stayed here for 10 days,On arrival we were helped to our room with luggage, shown how everything worked & gifted a bottle of wine & a plate of Turkish sweets, Room is excellent, step-in shower amazing, Double bed was not 2 pushed together! & had an orthopedic mattress, room had a combination safe which you set when you arrive, TV has about 25 channels 2 to 3 of which are in English, balcony faced onto beach and our room also had 2nd side facing balcony, every day our room was cleaned & chamber maid, made different shapes with our lining, including rose petals etc. Staff are so friendly & speak very good English. Effort to speak Turkish is also appreciated but don't do it at the markets as they can be quite rude in return. Internet access on a computer is 5tl for an hour few quid & hotel has excellent wi-fi.
Breakfast - far too much to choose from ( good ) right down to freshly made omelettes & pancakes the way you ask. By far the nicest hotel on the beach front.

Fantastik tatil Teşekkür Ederiz. Raki Man.........

Room Tip: Corner room's like 201 have 2 views from the hotel, side curved window area and beach front balc...
2 Thank John B
Worcester
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Family of five two adults three children enjoyed excellent holiday half board. Staff were very good and helpful. Food provided excellent choice and cleanliness superb. Would recommend this hotel. Spend extra for brilliant views across sea!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family