“Going back for a fifth visit”

TUI Sensimar Marmaris Imperial Hotel
Ranked #8 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
bmth
“Going back for a fifth visit”
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Well my fourth visit was great and I loved it. I wont repeat myself from previous reviews.
Couple of changes this year worth commenting on - ice slush drinks superb idea and really helped when overheating in the day! Wonderful
Also very very very few bees this year - absolutely wonderful - I know negotiations with beekeepers were held to get them to move their hives and it was so noticeable and so appreciated.
Entertainment has been slightly increased from last year which I think is good - I will say that the entertainment is not always to everyone's taste - there is a wide age range at this hotel so impossible to always satisfy everyone but there is always Harmony bar to go to for just a quiet drink which we did one night and that was beautiful as well having the waves lap underneath you as you sit on the jetty.
I will also confirm that what the manager says on previous reviewers comments about if there is an issue discuss it whilst there so they can attempt to resolve - I did have an issue and I did seek out the PR team who went out of the way to sort it out for me and were absolutely lovely.
I had also requested a room in my favourite area - although on visiting the room of our friends I have now fallen in love with another area of the resort too so not sure which area to request my room in next year!
My other request for next year please Sharon - martini equivalent on the all inclusive for the non spirit drinkers amongst us!!!! and different orange juices!!
Maybe one more show a week in amphitheatre - the Wild Wild West show was superb and the adlibbing when a "cricket" insect fell onto one of the guys shirts was priceless - you had to be there to understand!
Will this prevent me coming back if not changed- of course not and if these are the only suggestions I can make then says how great the rest of it is already
Going back June/July next year with friends so only 10 months to wait

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dcadmam
MarmarisImperialGM, General Manager at TUI Sensimar Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear Lisa & Trevor,

On behalf of the entire Marmaris Imperial Team thank you very much for such a wonderful review. You have managed to summaries all my main points that I stress time after time following previous guests many reviews on Trip Advisor. As a returning guest to our hotel your review is even more important and the fact that this was your fourth visit says a lot and the fact you are already planning your fifth visit.
I read with great pleasure your references to all the improvements we have worked on since last summer, as you mentioned this year there are ice slush machines, local white rum, the wasp issue we had last year has been solved and the improved entertainment.

Thank you for mentioning that you did have an issue whilst you were here on holiday which you shared with us and gave us the opportunity to resolve which we did to your satisfaction. I will see what I can do about the martini for next year as currently Turkey does not produce an equivalent, it took a bit of time with the white rum! Orange juice is standard in all our other hotels, however I have made a note of this.
Please let Ozlem know for next years 5th visit any special arrangements ozlemgokce.tok@tthotels.com

We look forward to welcoming you back for the fifth time at Marmaris Imperial next June…

Sharon AY

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,132)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cardiff
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Having recently returned from an 11 night holiday I felt I wanted to address a few points that people have raised in earlier posts.

Yes there are a number of steps that have to be walked up if you are in certain rooms. However, reading the posts on TA I emailed and asked for a room in a certain area and found that on check in the room was in the area requested. Many thanks to Ozlem for arranging this.
Buggies were available though if there was an issue and we would see them taking people to their rooms on a frequent basis - so its not a case of having to walk up the steps all the time.

Rooms - our room was clean on arrival and each day. On the occasion when we weren't ready to leave the room when housekeeping arrived, we simply asked them to come back later, and they did. Rooms were left with towel displays and at no time did we feel that we couldn't leave anything out. Yes you have to pay for the safe which is on the expensive side but I prefer that to worrying its not safe. The room was fully stocked at all times - coffee and tea, water etc. we did ask for more pillows and these promptly arrived in the room.

Food and drink- plenty of choice, hot and cold to choose from, speciality evenings, wine has improved over the last few years. Waiters were attentive, realised that we had been before and were friendly.

Relax pool - excellent staff, clean, always a choice of where to go. Our favourite area to use as plenty of umbrellas and room to move about. Went to the beach one day and again facilities very clean with a life guard.

A lovely trip on the hotel water taxi over to Marmaris and back. We did use the dolmush into marmaris one evening which was cheap and an efficient service

This hotel has something to offer everyone - pure relaxation, daytime activities, water sports, visits, choice of restaurants, not too far from the centre of Marmaris. People have commented on the music, yes its not always to people's taste, but it offers background music and the disco brought the music back to current day.
Overall, having stayed at the hotel three times now I would not hesitate in going back for a 4th visit. I went as a group of 3 friends and despite the fact that its sold her as an Adults Only on the holiday website and a Couples holiday when you check in, don't disregard it if you think that it will be all couples, it isn't

Room Tip: If you had mobility issues ask for a room closer to the Relax pool
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Katht34
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for writing such a very clear descriptive review on Trip Advisor. It is indeed a great achievement for us to be able to fulfill all your wishes once again on your 3rd visit. It was very refreshing for me to also read how you approached your holiday and you picked up on some important aspects that I have tried to highlight in response to previous reviews, thank you for that. Your loyalty shows us that we are on the right path which is to provide the ultimate service to each and every one of our guest and to make their holiday dreams come true.
On behalf of all the entire team thank you very much for all your kind words. Please drop us a mail before your next visit so we will able to help you with room arrangements.

We look forward to seeing you next year for your 4th visit.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just returned from 11 night stay at the Marmaris Imperial and wow what a place. The views from every direction are breath taking and unique to this place. The food was delicious, so much variety to choose from you would not struggle for choice. Staff very friendly in all areas and very accomadating to all your needs. 2 lovely pools to choose from and beach as well. Entertainment was spot on too if you wanted to take part fine but if not fine also. Do yourself a favour and book this place : ))
Just need to improve on the coffee and cocktails : ))
Also beds were a little uncomfortable

Room Tip: We stayed in 129 lovely views and near to all amenities, not too many steps to climb
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for such a brief but very nice and motivating comment about your magical holiday at Marmaris Imperial. We all are happy to know that we were able to satisfy your holiday expectation and make your stay so pleasant and memorable.
We wish you would have mention uncomfortable bed whilst you were here, so we could provide a high-quality mattress topper for you. Please let us know if you decide to visit us once again.

Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Myself and my partner stayed here for a week in July, we loved it, didn't want to come home. The location is fanstastic surrounded by sea, mountaneous greenery and the yacht marina with views over to Icmeler and Marmaris Centre. Food was amazing breakfast everything you could wish for and something I have never seen before in any hotel I have stayed at, fresh honey still on the frame, it was delicious. Evening meal fresh fish, mashed potato to die for, jacket potatoes, chicken, beef, sushi/chinese night, no problems encountered with the drinks service during meal times, glasses filled readily and no problems with wasps out on the lovely terrace overlooking Marmaris and the Marina. Visited the A La Carte restaurant (Gunnes) during our stay, food again was amazing so much so in fact we had to go straight back to our room as we were that full we couldnt fit a drink in (have the rice pudding). Everywhere spotlessly clean. No problems getting a sunbed at anytime although people do still reserve. Entertainment no better no wrose than anywhere else I have visited (Abba night & Drifters my personal favourite) although my only gripe would be "outside cinema" advertised in the brochure, this is in fact a small ampitheatre, which is used for entertainment althought not used as a cinema whilst we were there. During a stay at another hotel in Turkey they had a outside cinema area which was fantastic, they gave you popcorn and you watched a film with the waves crashing on the shore behind you. Suggestion, maybe utilise the pilates area for same? If you want nightlife then this hotel not for you, although ever night a water taxi leaves the hotel at 8.30pm for Marmaris Centre (very busy) returning at 11.30pm, we didn't use this facility as satisfied with what the hotel had to offer. Variety of watersport available, we used the kayaks and hired a small motor boat for half a day and explored the surrounding coast by ourselves, no experience of sailing required!!!! Loved the idea of the little market visiting the hotel, no need to even leave the hotel if you didn't want to, you could get all your presents, t-shirts, bags etc. Wouldn't suggest this place ideal for those with walking difficulties as rooms set into the hillside, looks fabulous and you do burn off a few calories, but there are apparently a few rooms which would have to be pre-booked through hotel for those less abled prior to arrival. We would definitely return (my partner never wanted to visit a place again before) and would recommend to anyone. Thank you for a lovely holiday.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MickLes5764
Dear Guests,
Let us say big thank you for your such a detailed review about your holiday experience here with us at Marmaris Imperial. We are thrilled to know that our location, relaxing ambience and quality of service exceeded your expectations and you are even considering a return visit.
Thank you for appreciating the efforts of our kitchen team, who are busy working every day to satisfy 580 guests. The outdoor cinema is no longer advertised due to licencing issues, we have added more entertainment though this year.
Please dont forget to mail our Public Relations Team by ozlemgokce.tok@tthotels.com after making your booking for your next visit.

Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I went to the Marmaris Imperial at the beginning of August 2013, it was a wonderful holiday. The food catered for those with food allergies and had a wide variety with different themes every day. The Al a Carte meal you were able to have whilst you were there, was also a lovely touch. The staff were friendly and very accommodating. The whole hotel and the room was clean and well looked after. The private beach and the different pools you could go to depending on whether you wanted to relax or get involved in activities were all great. We did a couple of the trips out and they were also very good and at very reasonable prices.
The check out wasn't as good, was a bit disorganised by the reps and the new staff on the reception were not fused about you leaving, but that was only one young recptionist. The rest was great though.
The transfers were good apart from the driver on the way back being on his phone half the time.
I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone.

1 Thank Jade B
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for your fantastic review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at the Imperial and for recommending us on Trip Advisor. We are pleased to read that you had such a pleasant stay with us. All the staff works very hard to ensure everyone has a great holiday so your kind words about the service, cleanliness,
staff and the meals in our restaurants are really very motivating. We have passed your comments on regarding your experience with the driver thank you.

General manager
Reviewed August 27, 2013 via mobile

My boyfriend and I came here for a week in August. The worst part of the holiday was having to leave and go home. We loved every minute. We sat by the sea each day but not on the sand and loved being able to dip in the beautiful sea to cool off. The food was amazing each breakfast (omlettes and waffles) each lunch time and each tea time. The staff were great and we enjoyed our visit to Gunnes (def book asap after arrival as it gets busy). The evening entertainment was fab..loved matt and sarah and simon. The beach party was the best and I even won a free manicure! We went kayaking and borrowed a fishing rod from simon and my boyfriend rented a jet ski (which he loved) We will definitely be back in a few years to re live the relaxtion paradise! Definitely recommend going!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Abigail M
MarmarisImperialGM, General Manager at TUI Sensimar Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Dear Guests,
Thank you very much for sharing such a wonderful review of your experience here at the Imperial and for recommending us on Tripadvisor. We are happy to hear that your romantic getaway exceeded your expectations
We all look forward to welcoming you both back in the near future.

Hedon, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just come back from an enjoyable week stay at the Marmaris Imperial Hotel. We went as part of a Cruise and Stay over 2 weeks; this second week of relaxation was just what we needed after the huge amount of walking we did everyday through Istanbul and Athens etc.

We were greeted warmly by the staff and checked in quickly. Our room was in a lovely location with a nice view of the beach, easy to access from steps leading down straight from our door. It was nicely decorated and a good size (seemed huge compared to our ship cabin!) Definitely appreciated the aircon with it being August.

The site is huge, lots of choice on where to put yourself during the day. Views are magnificent. Our favourite place to be ended up being the relax pool as it was very calm and a nice place to read a book and have a swim. We also spent a lot of time down on the beach which was well looked after and clean. One big positive was that you could move around between places without fear of being unable to find a sun-bed as there were enough around for everyone.

We enjoyed trying out the archery - although I found out I'd make a much better rifleman.
We weren't hugely fussed about the entertainment on most nights however the two performances in the amphitheatre - Wild West night and Turkish Dancing were both very good. Very impressed with the energy of the dancers who had very little time at all to rest in between dances.

The food was of a very high standard. Much better than any other hotel food we have had. There was a good range of dishes, many freshly cooked in front of you and there was a nightly theme. Vegetarian choice was reasonable as well. Brilliant selection of desserts, we ended up having far too many!

I was also very impressed with the recycling going on in the place. All hotels should be doing the same.

We did have a couple of issues though. One of these was the timing of the housekeeping service. We found on a couple of days that we'd be coming back to the room, tired, hot and ready to freshen up and rest a bit before dinner, only to see that the room had not yet been cleaned. So we had to wander off for a while, even though we didn't really feel like it. On one day we went through this at least three times. Hanging around waiting. This is due to the sheer number of rooms and the time it must take to get around them all to sort them, which is fair enough. But it was still an inconvenience.

Our second issue, was that although the food was very tasty. We're not sure whether hygiene measures are stringent enough. As both of us ended up having dodgy tummies by the end of our stay. I hadn't had this in years. Hand washing facilities are readily available but while the fresh cooked food outside is quite well protected by covers, the food inside is not and we regularly saw flies buzzing around it. We did end up avoiding certain food. The doors to outside are kept open all the time. I would suggest that having a couple of automatic doors would be much better as this would allow people easy access to the outdoor food without letting in flies as easily, it would also mean the aircon would have more effect since it was very hot eating inside.

Despite these issues we still had a very enjoyable stay and would recommend the hotel to others.

Room Tip: We were in room 131 which was perfect as there were steps right down onto the beach and we were real...
1 Thank Ian R
MarmarisImperialGM, General Manager at TUI Sensimar Marmaris Imperial Hotel, responded to this review, August 28, 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your detailed holiday experience following your recent stay at Marmaris Imperial. It gave myself and my team enormous pleasure to read how much you liked our food, location, cleaning as well as the relaxing atmosphere. Thank you for highlighting the amount of sunbeds still available throughout the day even though you enjoyed your holiday in high season and the hotel is full.

Thank you for mentioning our recycling work, at Marmaris Imperial our one of priorities is protecting our environment and working towards a more sustainable future.

Regarding the housekeeping timings, I really wished you had informed us whilst you were here, we could have arranged a suitable time for you directly with the housekeeper.

I am sorry to hear you both had upset tummies, this can be attributed to many factors however all our guests can be sure all our hygiene standards are strictly followed by our hygiene team as well as the government health department. We work to HACCP and ISO 14001 standards and specifications and have a dedicated quality and hygiene team that follow deliveries, food production through to service within the hotel.

For any future guests reading this please share any issues or comments with us if they arise and give us the opportunity to assist you as much as we can to make your stay as enjoyable and as comfortable.

Thank you once again we look forward to meeting you both again in the near future.

General manager