“Not what was expected”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marmaris
Long Beach Apartments
Ranked #191 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed October 28, 2013

Stayed here early September during the heatwave, was lovely and hot and had a good holiday but I put this down to a lot of excursions so my partner and I didn't have to spend much time in the hotel. The service was okay - the staff were very friendly despite having to take a lot of hassle from guests. The food was very poor in my opinion so every day I ate outside the hotel. The room was very basic, to be expected with the low price, and there were some stains on work benches as well as a few holes in the sofa. Despite this, the location was great, a 2 minute walk from the strip of shops and bars, a 5 minute walk from the beach. I would go back to Marmaris but not back to Long Beach Apartments.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Jack P

Reviewed October 21, 2013

hi me and my friend has just returned home from the long beach hotel marmaris .we had no problems whats so ever food was great plenty off choice x worth the money we paid for our stay .people were lovely and all the staff also.u cant please every1 meaning 1 moaney face lady who expected 5 stars if u wanted this go x pay extra not everyone wanted too listen to u moaning all the time .hotel is handy for loads shops x beach .well done too all the lovely people who work so hard here x making our holiday enjoyable.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank michele m
Reviewed October 20, 2013 via mobile

Rooms: Apartments are the most basic I have ever stayed in. Key broke in lock within an hour of arriving, kitchen cupboard doors hanging off, shower fixture came off in my friends hand, bulb went mid holiday. Rooms not the cleanest. Rooms however were a good size and we are all positioned next to each other.

Pool area and bar: not a bar looked like someones house drinks cabinet lol. Basic all inclusive package local beer, vodka, brandy etc and limited mixers (coke lemonade strawberry juice)
Loungers good and never had a problem getting one.

Restaurant: seriously limited choice of food and mainly Turkish salads etc. managed to find something but if you are a fussy eater I'd imagine this would be difficult. Didn't eat dinner in hotel once as very much underwhelmed by lunch. Enjoyed the Turkish breakfast ( boiled egg, feta, bread, fruit, tomatoes, honey etc)

Staff: guy on reception quite unfriendly and no information given at check in. Handyman really nice and hardworking man (later saw him working on the bar and in reception!) some staff very nice older man but not much English. Wish I'd known some Turkish to say thank you! Cleaning lady comes into your room whether u are in or not! Very awkward when trying to sleep!

Location: 5 mins to beach, taxi rank at end of street, shops at end of street. Good central location.

Overall: would not return, read the bad reviews thinking it can't actually be that bad but it really wasnt great! A shame as some investment in rooms and in all inclusive would result in a lot more return business I think. We had a good holiday but the biggest disappointment was the hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Quinn354
Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

Yet another year at longbeach!!! And what a great 2 weeks!!? Fantastic staff and rooms!!! Overall brilliant holiday again can't wait for next time!!! Food isn't that great but u will always find something to eat but we ate out most evenings?!!! What do u expect for the money u actually pay nt including flights it's so cheap. And again if u take the time to speak to the staff they are all lovely!! Especially ferhat, byram,irker and zaboosh (misspelt I know) but will defo stay again!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
3  Thank danikacarabrianna
Reviewed October 14, 2013

We have just arrived back from a week at Long Beach. We checked in the we were shown to our room, which was a bonus for me. The room was clean and very spacious. Staff were very friendly. We did eat out on the odd occasion just because we found an excellent restaurant and like to explore. The food was basic but there s always something there. An excellent location not far from the beach. Long Beach does not claim to be anything than a 3* and I have paid more for self catering. We all had a great time,and would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank rockchick16NorthEast
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Me and my friend stayed for a week from the 04th September. Right from the start we was made to feel welcome by the staff who were friendly worked hard. It is a small hotel but it was clean and there was always something to choose from at the meal times. If you go there and expect 5* then your in for a disapointment!! We met some great people during our stay and we would definetly go back again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Şebnem D
Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Long Beach hotel for two weeks from the 19th September, it is the second time we have stayed there, we were there for three weeks last June.

From the moment we arrived until we left for the airport the staff could not have been any more helpful or friendly. The cleaning ladies were very good and thorough, always doing their work with a smile and a nice greeting when we happened to be in our room. The reception staff were great lads too always ready to help and always with a smile. The waiting staff and kitchen staff were also friendly, always greeting you when you entered the dining area. I didn't have much to do with the daytime bar as I almost always drink tea during the day but when I did use the bar the two lads were always friendly, especially Cekr (not sure of the spelling) who I spent quite a bit of time with at the night time bar. I hope your stomach has recovered from my practical joke with the Hamam Bocegi ;-). As far as the reports of drinks being watered down go, I would certainly say that every drink that I had was perfectly ok, even to the point of me asking him to put less alcohol in as it was too strong on occasion. There was a good choice of local drinks at both bars, Brandy, Vodka, Gin and Raki, also a draught beer and the usual soft fizzy drinks Coke, Fanta orange and Sprite.

I won't try to say that everything was perfect while I was at the Long Beach, I don't think I have had a perfect holiday yet. There were two things that I spoke to the manager Ferhat about but nothing that was a problem. He said he would sort the two things out straight away and he did, a polite conversation without any shouting and you can get just about anything sorted out.

We had breakfast and lunch in the hotel every day but ate out almost every night, not because there was a problem with the hotel food as it was fine, it is what we like to do when on holiday. We had one lunch that I would say was not up to scratch which was a big surprise as it was only a couple of days before we left and all that had gone before were well liked by both of us. We had the soup every lunchtime before our main course and it was always delicious, something we always enjoy when visiting Marmaris.

We will be back in Marmaris again next year and will probably be staying in either the Long Beach or it's sister hotel again, they are both in a great area but the Long beach is always nice and quiet on a night time, well, apart from some of the drunken scum that came back late occasionally, shouting and screaming at each other but that is not the fault of the hotel, they were mainly British and not Turkish. They must have been out drinking on an empty head.

See you again next year Ferhat, thank you to you and your great staff for another fantastic holiday and more great memories,

Jim.