See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We have stayed at Iltur a number of times since 1998, yes it might need an upgrade (to which salih will be doing soon) but you pay for what you get, the rooms are basic but that's all you need when you are sleeping in there. Salih and family are fantastic and would recommend this if you want a cheap and cheerful holiday, It is very close to the beach but we kept by the pool and met quiet a few people who had been there quiet a few times over the past couple of years. I strongly disagree with some of the comments, I didn't have a safe deposit box this time and nothing was touched or taken in the two weeks I was there.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank shazza T
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This was a really great holiday here, me and my partner enjoyed every second ,the family who owns the apart where accommodating and even moved the rooms for me due to i wore heels and didn't want to climb stairs hehe. The son was lovely and helped with a lot of the stuff from making sure if we went to the bars we went to the right ones to advice on sunburn lol. The father who doesn't speak English was even great as he loves messing about near the pool and waved up every time we left or came bk in the day/night. Our holiday was a complete success even with our flights with holidays 4 u going bust, mostly thanks to this hotel and the company, so much of a success my boyfriend proposed and we know are engaged :) we hope to return in very near future!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2010

i was trown into this hell hotel by gold trail this is there 3* star hotel more like -0 star to my horarr as we walked into this so calld 3 star hotel we discoverd our room for 2 adult and 3 childrns aged 5 -3- and 8 months old baby was a pit with a broken duble bed and 2 settes for childerns to sleep ware more older then my self 37 years old .also live wires broken baby cot with planty of rust ,not even fit for baby dog dirty bed sheets and broken classic and many nails sticking out of beds post that was repaired by old angry man he made my wife cry when complaint about this all asked to moved to another room i was told this the best thy have at this point my wife and childers start to cry and wanted to come back home to uk any way i dcide to get another hotel in morrning which i manged to get for £200 pounds with proper beds ,,,£200 less to spend for kids now so please stay away from this hotel from hell it is a [---] hole go and sleep on beech dont pay for this its not worth a penny please aviod at any cost

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank iloveturkey010
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Well i have to say the location of this hotel is great its only about 5 mins walk to the beach and there is a small shop close for anything you may need. As for the hotel manager he is nice when you first meet him as he takes you to your room and carries your suitcase but he tends to make a joke by knocking on our apartment door and running away we thought it was funny at first but then started to get abit much and when we complained that it was bugging us he said he did no such thing and just laughed.

Another thing is when my husband was in the bathroom he was on the toilet when the floor suddenly collapsed causing my husband to fall to the apartment below us he didnt sustain any major injuries but we had him go to the hospital just to be sure which was a big bill so we wasnt to pleased with that.

Overal the hotel and the whole holiday was amazing we had a good time and the weather is very good there.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank SunBeach66
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Myself and my partner stayed at iltur in the last week of June 2010.
Upon arrival we were greeted by the owner who showed us to our apartment on the first floor. He was very helpful and welcoming. The apartments were basic but clean with good ventilation through large windows in the bedroom and patio door in the living/kitchen area. There was the option to purchase air con, however we decided it wasn't necessary. There were all the necessary appliances available in the rooms however the local restaurants were cheap and tasty so we ate out most nights.
There was a lovely atmosphere in the apartments with the guests frequently congregating around the pool area in the day and the bar at night time.
The barman 'happy' was very friendly and helpful. I would strongly disagree with the previous review. Happy was only interested in keeping the guests entertained and was a perfect gentlemen at all times.
The manager, Salih was very helpful and interested in making our holiday special. He gave us advice on prices in the local shops etc as it was our first time to turkey and we were unsure of the currency.
The hotel is located about 2 minute walk from the main street and beach. There are two large supermarkets around the corner and the large weekly market is about ten minutes walk away. This meant the hotel was in a great location for going to the beach and bars and restaurants however it was sufficiently distanced that there was no noise at night time. The main night life area of bar street is about a fifteen minute walk away along the marina.
During our time in Marmaris we went on a boat trip, to the water park and did a turkish bath. There was no issue in arranging pick up from our apartments to these amenities and Salih advised us how much we should pay and was also able to book these excursions on our behalf.

The pool area was always very clean and the pool gets the sun all afternoon. there is a well stocked bar and Happy is more than keen to whip up a cocktail of your choice.

Overall we really enjoyed our time at iltur apartments, they were a great base for seeing marmaris. the staff were so welcoming and made us feel at home, they were very approachable and interested in all their guests.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple