See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed August 23, 2010

i was trown into this hell hotel by gold trail this is there 3* star hotel more like -0 star to my horarr as we walked into this so calld 3 star hotel we discoverd our room for 2 adult and 3 childrns aged 5 -3- and 8 months old baby was a pit with a broken duble bed and 2 settes for childerns to sleep ware more older then my self 37 years old .also live wires broken baby cot with planty of rust ,not even fit for baby dog dirty bed sheets and broken classic and many nails sticking out of beds post that was repaired by old angry man he made my wife cry when complaint about this all asked to moved to another room i was told this the best thy have at this point my wife and childers start to cry and wanted to come back home to uk any way i dcide to get another hotel in morrning which i manged to get for £200 pounds with proper beds ,,,£200 less to spend for kids now so please stay away from this hotel from hell it is a [---] hole go and sleep on beech dont pay for this its not worth a penny please aviod at any cost

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank iloveturkey010
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Well i have to say the location of this hotel is great its only about 5 mins walk to the beach and there is a small shop close for anything you may need. As for the hotel manager he is nice when you first meet him as he takes you to your room and carries your suitcase but he tends to make a joke by knocking on our apartment door and running away we thought it was funny at first but then started to get abit much and when we complained that it was bugging us he said he did no such thing and just laughed.

Another thing is when my husband was in the bathroom he was on the toilet when the floor suddenly collapsed causing my husband to fall to the apartment below us he didnt sustain any major injuries but we had him go to the hospital just to be sure which was a big bill so we wasnt to pleased with that.

Overal the hotel and the whole holiday was amazing we had a good time and the weather is very good there.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank SunBeach66
Reviewed July 13, 2010

Myself and my partner stayed at iltur in the last week of June 2010.
Upon arrival we were greeted by the owner who showed us to our apartment on the first floor. He was very helpful and welcoming. The apartments were basic but clean with good ventilation through large windows in the bedroom and patio door in the living/kitchen area. There was the option to purchase air con, however we decided it wasn't necessary. There were all the necessary appliances available in the rooms however the local restaurants were cheap and tasty so we ate out most nights.
There was a lovely atmosphere in the apartments with the guests frequently congregating around the pool area in the day and the bar at night time.
The barman 'happy' was very friendly and helpful. I would strongly disagree with the previous review. Happy was only interested in keeping the guests entertained and was a perfect gentlemen at all times.
The manager, Salih was very helpful and interested in making our holiday special. He gave us advice on prices in the local shops etc as it was our first time to turkey and we were unsure of the currency.
The hotel is located about 2 minute walk from the main street and beach. There are two large supermarkets around the corner and the large weekly market is about ten minutes walk away. This meant the hotel was in a great location for going to the beach and bars and restaurants however it was sufficiently distanced that there was no noise at night time. The main night life area of bar street is about a fifteen minute walk away along the marina.
During our time in Marmaris we went on a boat trip, to the water park and did a turkish bath. There was no issue in arranging pick up from our apartments to these amenities and Salih advised us how much we should pay and was also able to book these excursions on our behalf.

The pool area was always very clean and the pool gets the sun all afternoon. there is a well stocked bar and Happy is more than keen to whip up a cocktail of your choice.

Overall we really enjoyed our time at iltur apartments, they were a great base for seeing marmaris. the staff were so welcoming and made us feel at home, they were very approachable and interested in all their guests.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank cahanoisin
Reviewed July 7, 2010

This is the second time i have ever used "Trip Advisor". The first was to decide to go to this dump of a hotel and the second is to write this brief experience we had! When the coach dropped us off i could hardly believe that we where in the same hotel that we had seen on pic on the net. Credit to the photographer that took the professional pics he really did do his best....!!! Upon arrival we paid for all the extras such as the safety deposit box (of which is necessary here when HAPPY about) and the air con (just check that it definately works and is in your room after you have purchased it) ! I have good things to say about the hotel owner the wee old man...although no spoken english he was quite helpful......regarding MR HAPPY thats another story...!!! I had only arrived 30min with my pregnant wife before he was slobbering at the mouth....!!! The guy was a pervert!!! Not only was he stalking the pool he was on girls sunbeds WITH THEM...!!! 40MIN after our arrival i went to the shop to get us water...on my return Mr Happy was attempting to entertain my wife on her sun bed...!!! NICE!!! After giving him a sharp shift that was us for the entire holiday....just a menace...if you don't get on with happy he will be as rude as a tube to you!!! I'm quite sure he was bad mouthing us the whole time to other guests and basically making us feel unwelcome simply because i could see straight through him..!!! Our room was basic the staff where very generous and left us a few sheets of loo roll "to get us started" before we had to buy our own...!!! No problems at the pond/pool though it had enough disinfectant and bleach in it to neutralise a swamp...!!! Nice knowing you are atleast clean when you get out but its been a few weeks now and im sure i can still smell the bleach on me...from my first and only dip in to cool down..!!! Thats all im saying apart from STAY CLEAR!!! I won't be returning every again!!! I have stayed in much MUCH better 1* hostels in Morroco before that had potties for toilets.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Allyboss
Reviewed July 6, 2010

we went for a two week holiday and were unfortunate to stay in the iltur hotel.
staff spoke very broken english,unless you wanted to buy something.

About a week into our holiday my partner and I woke to find a person in our apartment.when I asked him what he wanted he said he was a cleaner and left.Because of the early time we went back to sleep,but later found that that there was £140 missing from a travellers cheque we had changed the night before.
I reported this to the hotel owner who laughed at me and called me a liar and that I had dreamed the event.he then refused to get the police.my partner was extremely upset.
We had to spend the remainder of the day finding another hotel.

It was a really bad experience to an otherwise good holiday once we got a new hotel.

A special thanks to tierna's bar and all the staff who helped sort it out for us.

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple