SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium
$76
Priceline
  • Pool
2,439 results
All reviewscafe de parissun connectentertainment teamturkeybar staffnext yearsnack barpool areathomas cookevery nightturkish bathsaladgreat holidaysister hotelair conjacket potatopool towels
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Arrived in the early hours at 2am 30th Oct 2012. Greeted with a welcoming smile and assisted to our room on the second floor by the porter. After such a long journey, we were directed to the all night coffee lounge where we had a warm drink and sandwich, which i might add was most welcome (as were the drinks in our bedroom fridge). I travelled with my 8year old twin Granddaughters; our room was spacious even with 1 double and 2 single beds. We overlooked the pool area and could just about see the sea from our room. The room was serviced daily with bedding being changed every other day; the hotel has a very good overall standard of cleanliness, which all members of staff work hard to maintain.

We stayed the last week of the season, this meaning no area in the hotel ever got too busy. All meal times were easily accessible and would return in the quite season again as would imagine if the hotel were full the restaurant and pool areas would be far too busy for me.
The choice of food was plentiful, however would have liked to have seen children’s choices catered for a little more in the evening. Always plenty of salad choices and at least 6 main course choices be it vegetarian, fish or meat. Yes! It can be of a much the sameness as other guests have mentioned, there again, i never went hungry or failed to fill my plate with a variety of food. Breakfast was definitely our favourite meal, feasting on pancakes, waffles and a good choice of cereals, fresh fruit, and variety of egg dishes, cheeses, fresh bread and yummy croissants.

The pool area was kept immaculately clean, tumblers are collected regularly, this needs to be done as we did encounter a fair few wasps and bees, I was stung on my first day by a large hornet which was very painful. Marmaris is known for its honey therefore i suppose it’s only to be expected they encounter a lot of bees. The children loved the slide, and towards the end of the holiday this was left open all day, which was a great bonus rather than the two hours morning and afternoon. Entertainment suited my 8 year old Granddaughters’ which suited me fine, as it was a holiday for them. There was bingo, quizzes and other adult entertainment, so plenty going on.
The hotels greatest asset i would say is the staff, those who seemed on the quieter side, soon warmed to us when we got to know them. We couldn’t thank the staff enough for making our holiday as enjoyable as it was. My Granddaughters’ made great friends of a lot of the staff, this because the staff went out of their way to be friendly with them.
Had a pedicure in the hotel salon (attached to the hair salon), this is a must as i have had plenty of pedicures in my time, but nothing to beat this one. The hot stone massage was also strongly recommended by a lovely lady we met whilst there. All in all our holiday was a great hit, we met wonderful people there whom all rated the hotel for various reasons. Would like to take this opportunity to thank one and all immensely.
So would we stay at Grand Ideal again? Definitely, finances permitting.

Room Tip: Our room was very well suited on the second floor of block B
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Hazel3107
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

Thank you for sharing your Ideal holiday review with others on the tripadvisor website.
I am most happy to read that you and your young grandaughters have enjoyed your holiday with us. For yourself, experiencing the efficiency of the Reception staff at check-in, the bell-boy service and availability 24 hours a day of tea and coffee from the Cafe De Paris, to the facilities within the room of free safe, mini-bar on arrival, air-conditioning and pool towels to the variety of food provided and of course, your Salon pedicure and your Budha Spa experience. For your grandaughters, I am very happy to read that they enjoyed the pool and the slide and also enjoyed the friendliness of all the staff including the animation team. I do hope that we will be welcoming you all again and on behalf of the Ideal Team, thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Got back from an 11 night stay here and it was fantastic. First night we stayed in the sister hotel and we felt out of place and finally the day after we were settled into our room at the Grand ideal premium and we fit in perfectly! The room was clean, location well you couldn't ask for anything better! Staff were amazingly friendly and we got treated the same as everyone else. It was my first holiday abroad and it was one to remember! Entertainment and spa team were my favorite! Returning next year with my partner. This hotel is fantastic and wouldn't change a thing!

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank Jodiiee-fisher

Thank you for taking the time to submit your holiday review on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your first holiday abroad and that it has been with us here at the the Grand Ideal Premium and that you have experienced our hospitality from the room maid service to the location of the Hotel and the friendliness of the staff. I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your Budha Spa experience and also the interaction with the animation team. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future with your partner and I would also like to thank you again for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

this was our second visit to the grand ideal hotel,as part of our silver wedding celebrations,having been before we knew what to expect,we asked for a quiet room facing the pool,not on 5th floor as these are like attic rooms,all our requests were met,our check in was smooth after arriving around 3 am from aberdeen,we checked out the room,every thing was fine,also included a free safe for our stay,nice touch,went down to cafe bar in hotel for a coffee,great after a long journey,the hotel lived up to our memories of our last visit,very clean, great maid service,food was good,plenty of choice,although we also went out a few times for a steak,staff were all very pleasant,despite long hours and a few difficult customers,the entertainment wasnt the best at night,but we enjoyed ourselves anyway,we received a bottle of wine and basket of fruit on our first saturday night in our room,thanks very much to the hotel for that,also invitation to dinner for the fish night in the a la carte restaurant,again thanks to the hotel,all in all two very happy customers who look forward to visiting again,last and not least a very special mention for asil who serves behind the bar,thanks for looking after us so well,i hope your management appreciate the fine job you are doing

Room Tip: avoid 5th floor rooms,and rooms near the hotel nightclub
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mintlawbear

Thank you for sharing your holiday review with others on the tripadvisor website.
As returning guests, I am very happy to read that you have again experienced the hospitalitym of the Hotel from the facilities provided in the rooms of free safes, individually controlled air-conditioning, mini-bar on arrival and free pool/beach towels. I am also happy to read that the Hotel has been able to accommodate you on all of the room location requests however as you must know, this cannot be guaranteed however we do try to make all guests happy. I would like to thank you for your kind words regarding the house-keeping team and of the service staff in the bars and restaurants including the A La Carte restaurant.
I do hope that we will be welcoming you again in the future and on behalf of the Ideal Team, Congratulations on celebrating your Silver Wedding Anniversary and thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have just returned from this hotel having spent from 27th October 2012 to 5th November 2012 there.

This was certainly one of the very best holidays I have ever had. The hotel was immaculate, the service great with lots of staff just waiting to be of assistance, and the food could not have been any better with a fantastic variety.

Everything about this hotel was absolutely perfect.

Charles from Blackpool

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank charlesp356

Thank you for your review submitted on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you and your friends have enjoyed your holiday stay with us including the last day of the season. Thank you for your kind words regarding the cleanliness of the Hotel, the service you have received from staff and of the wide variety of food on offer at the Hotel. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you all again in the future and on behalf of the Ideal Team, thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday

Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for 7 nights. First impressions were very nice, very large and clean. Our room was on the 5th floor sadly quite small and not as new as other rooms, although we were offered a room change but refused as the view was rubbish compared to the view from the 5th floor room.
Lifts were very slow and ended up having to climb the stairs up to the 5th floor a lot. Just glad my husband and I are fit and healthy.
Food was very repetitive, although lots to choose from, just always the same. My husband and I ended up eating out a lot. The lunch was really not good and as for the cookies and cakes, well they were horrible.
Drinks were either very weak are far to strong no happy medium.
The bar staff seem over worked and under payed.
Restaurant staff defiantly had their preferred guests!!!.
When you pay for all inclusive you would hope to be able to get a hot drink during the night (when you can not sleep due to thunder) without having to pay but sadly not!!!
Overall the hotel is in a great location, but I probably would not stay there again and I defiantly would not stay there with my kids as just not suitable.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bridget S

Thank you for your review submitted on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you and your husband had been offered a room change to a lower floor however I do understand your decline as the views of the mountains etc are wonderful. The Pasha Snack bar offers a lunchtime menu of fresh pizza, pasta and sauce, burgers, kofte, chicken kebab, potatoe croquettes and chips with a small salad range and fresh fruit and cakes alternatively guests can choose to eat lunch in the Four Seasons Restaurant which offers soup, 2 meat choices, 2 poultry choices and a fish choice along with rice, pasta, sauce, a larger salad and cheese range and a full dessert range with fresh fruit. The Cafe De Paris serves tea and coffee and hot chocolate for 24 hours as well as local alcoholic drinks from 10am until midnight for guests to use an an alternative to the Sultans Pool bar. The Hotel is also not advertised as an Ideal childrens Hotel as we do not offer a kids club or operate a Thomas Cook kidsworld however the animation team do provide at least one activity for children in their programme and the Hotel also has a childrens pool, slide and offers free cots and highchairs.
Therefore with the information provided I do hope that your review is satisfied and that we will be able to welcome you again, thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.