“hotel grand ideal premium in marmaris, turkey”

SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium
Ranked #16 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Blackpool, United Kingdom
“hotel grand ideal premium in marmaris, turkey”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

I have just returned from this hotel having spent from 27th October 2012 to 5th November 2012 there.

This was certainly one of the very best holidays I have ever had. The hotel was immaculate, the service great with lots of staff just waiting to be of assistance, and the food could not have been any better with a fantastic variety.

Everything about this hotel was absolutely perfect.

Charles from Blackpool

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank charlesp356
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, November 11, 2012
Thank you for your review submitted on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you and your friends have enjoyed your holiday stay with us including the last day of the season. Thank you for your kind words regarding the cleanliness of the Hotel, the service you have received from staff and of the wide variety of food on offer at the Hotel. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you all again in the future and on behalf of the Ideal Team, thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (485)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my husband for 7 nights. First impressions were very nice, very large and clean. Our room was on the 5th floor sadly quite small and not as new as other rooms, although we were offered a room change but refused as the view was rubbish compared to the view from the 5th floor room.
Lifts were very slow and ended up having to climb the stairs up to the 5th floor a lot. Just glad my husband and I are fit and healthy.
Food was very repetitive, although lots to choose from, just always the same. My husband and I ended up eating out a lot. The lunch was really not good and as for the cookies and cakes, well they were horrible.
Drinks were either very weak are far to strong no happy medium.
The bar staff seem over worked and under payed.
Restaurant staff defiantly had their preferred guests!!!.
When you pay for all inclusive you would hope to be able to get a hot drink during the night (when you can not sleep due to thunder) without having to pay but sadly not!!!
Overall the hotel is in a great location, but I probably would not stay there again and I defiantly would not stay there with my kids as just not suitable.

Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bridget S
Thank you for your review submitted on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you and your husband had been offered a room change to a lower floor however I do understand your decline as the views of the mountains etc are wonderful. The Pasha Snack bar offers a lunchtime menu of fresh pizza, pasta and sauce, burgers, kofte, chicken kebab, potatoe croquettes and chips with a small salad range and fresh fruit and cakes alternatively guests can choose to eat lunch in the Four Seasons Restaurant which offers soup, 2 meat choices, 2 poultry choices and a fish choice along with rice, pasta, sauce, a larger salad and cheese range and a full dessert range with fresh fruit. The Cafe De Paris serves tea and coffee and hot chocolate for 24 hours as well as local alcoholic drinks from 10am until midnight for guests to use an an alternative to the Sultans Pool bar. The Hotel is also not advertised as an Ideal childrens Hotel as we do not offer a kids club or operate a Thomas Cook kidsworld however the animation team do provide at least one activity for children in their programme and the Hotel also has a childrens pool, slide and offers free cots and highchairs.
Therefore with the information provided I do hope that your review is satisfied and that we will be able to welcome you again, thank you for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.
Woolaston, null, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

Myself and my boyfriend stayed here in April this year. The hotel was exactly as described, absolutley immaculate and sparkling clean. Food was good although a little repetitive after the first few days, although for what we paid we couldn't complain. because we chose to visit so early in the season the pool was freezing! Also a lot of bars and restaurants weren't open so we were confined to the hotel grounds of an evening with entertainment which was far from inspiring.. the Turkish bath was amazing and would 100% reccomend. Our room was small and cramped compared to what we have seen in photos but we could just about see the sea which was a bonus. Our on quibble was the staff attitudes particularly the bar and restaurant staff who were far more keen to serve certain guests more than others which became rather frustrating by the end of the fortnight when we were still waiting for our drinks after 30mins.. all in all this was a great holiday for the price, what you see is what you get. I probably wouldn't return but I would reccomend it.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Holly E
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you and your boyfriend enjoyed your holiday overall especially your Budha Spa experience. Unfortunately the Resort of Marmaris in general does not fully open until May 1st however we did experience some very hot temperatures through April that guests enjoyed. Again, being so early in our season, the outdoor pool temperature was cold however the Hotel does offer a small indoor pool which is heated throughout the season..
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and would like to thank you for your recommendation and for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2012

I found the hotel to be a nice clean place but there was a lot to be desired. The mattressses on the loungers by the side of the pool were dirty and stained. The food in the restaurants was cold all the time; it didn't matter what time we went. I complained to the Thomas Cook rep but there was no improvement. And then at night, hordes of kids rampaged around the hotel banging on doors, probably while their parents were getting rat @rsed downstairs. I had to chase them and shout at them to get them to stop.
We were upgraded to this hotel as the one we had originally booked closed early at the end of the season. If this was an upgrade, then what was the other hotel like??????
I would honestly never go to this hotel again.

1 Thank Debbie V
Thank you for your review submitted on the tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us especially when given at the time of a guests holiday as this then gives us the opportunity to address any concerns that guests may have, this can be directly with the Hotel at Reception or with Guest Relations as well as with the Resort Rep. All food served during all meal services is quality tested and temperature checks are carried out throughout the service, there are also several restaurant chiefs (supervisors) and the Food and Beverage Manager in attendance throughout all restaurant opening times who are there to help guests with their concerns. We also do have to trust our guests to look after their own children as we do not advertise or offer Kids Clubs or operate a Thomas Cook Kidsworld however concerns regarding noise disturbance are taken seriously if the Hotel is notified.
I am sorry to read that the Hotel did not meet your expectations however with the information given, I hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future.
Glasgow, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 4, 2012

I stayed in the Grand Ideal from 14th October till 21st October and had another great time (I stayed for two weeks in June 2011). If I'm being honest the rooms above Club Blackout are getting a bit run down and could do with a refurb, we got moved to rooms above the shops and they were a lot better. The pool is amazing, the food brill, plenty of choice and something to suit everyone. I've seen other reports that staff were not helpful but I could not disagree more! Build a relationship with them, talk to them they are human beings working hard while we relax, Mesut the waiter in the restaurant could not be faulted, most nights when our glasses were close to empty we were immediately replenished with more and never a issue he was always smiling and happy to help. The poor barmen at Pasha's were probably a bit short on staff causing a queue for drinks but once again a bit of banter and you got a smile. Finally a special word for Tania in customer customer relations, what can I say....just a gem of a woman, remembered us from last year and put a gift of fruit and wine in our room, and got our room swap done in no time and made sure we were happy with our new room, she was always about and made sure there was no issues and that our holiday was perfect. I would recommend this hotel to everybody and I definately will stay there again.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms above Club Blackout
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your Ideal holiday experience with others on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that as returning guests, you have once again experience the hospitality of the Hotel including the Guest Relation service that the Hotel provides. I would also like to thank you for you kind comments regarding the variety of food and service received in the restaurants and I am happy to read that you have enjoyed the pool, slides and interaction with the staff. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again and on behalf of the Ideal Team, thank you for your recommendation and for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday again.
Londonderry
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel has all of the ticks in my checklist as it has a beautiful atmosphere with staff that can help you anytime. The food was something like I got on the QE2 and this is at a great price (all inclusive). The pool is so big with a huge slide for all the family. Great views at most of the rooms and great beds.

Thanx

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank wackyoworld3
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at SunConnect Grand Ideal Premium, responded to this review, November 3, 2012
Thank you for submitting a second holiday review on the tripadvisor website.
It pleases me to read that yet again you have experienced the Hotels hospitality for the second time this year and that although it was at a time when several staff were rejoining their Universities, you have all enjoyed the friendly atmosphere, the variety of food served within the Hotel and of course, all enjoyed the large pool and slide. I do hope that we will be welcoming you again in the forthcoming season and would like to thank you for continuing to visit Grand Ideal Premium for your holidays.
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2012

My sister and I went to Turkey for a girly break. We were actually moved Hotels a week before we were due to fly as our Hotel was closing early for the season. We are so glad that we were upgraded to this fabulous Hotel.

We had a nice twin room over looking the pool on the second floor which was nice to have a good view!!

The Hotel staff are very friendly with the exception of the girl who serves in the cafe bar.

There are always cleaning staff about the hotel and the maids are very friendly.

Uzzy Mert, and Alper the entertainment team are amazing!!! They totally made our holiday even better!! They are about almost all day every day. The night shows are really good and the bingo is fab. My sister and I both won!!

Fatma our Thomas Cook rep for the Hotel was not the most helpful or polite person i have ever met!!

The shopping trip that we organised through Fatma was really good the Rep was friendly, bubbly and very helpful

Would definetly stay again

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that both you and your sister have enjoyed the hospitality of the Hotel from the activities provided by the animation team to the cleanliness of the Hotel and rooms provided by the house-keeping team. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Ideal Team, would like to thank you for your recommendation and for choosing Grand Ideal Premium for your holiday.