“Family holiday”
Review of Club Exelsior

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marmaris
Club Exelsior
Ranked #7 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed July 11, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is simply brilliant... entertainment allday and nite and the staff of this hotel are so friendly and wud do anything for u.....very kids friendly with kids club and plenty of space round the pools..... 3rd year in a row and wudnt think twice about going back again!!!

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
3  Thank johnh1984
ihsan öztürk s, Public Relations Manager at Club Exelsior, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Dear Guest
Thank you for the review, we are pleased to learn you are a returning guest and have enjoyed your stay with Exelsior Hotels , Hopefully we will see you again next year

Reviewed July 11, 2014

We like most people had been reading the various updates on trip advisor about the excelsior and could not wait to arrive. Also in our favour was the fact that 5 of our party of 13 had visited the same place last year and had such a good time, hence their return! In 12 months the place has changed and not for the better, what was 12 months ago, newly refurbished accommodation is now a shadow of its former self. Yes, you can tell that it has had a lick of paint, new decor etc but these things have been left since and not touched. Fridges without shelves, leaks in the bathroom that are not repaired, floors in living area that are unclean and attracted ants in all 6 rooms occupied by our party. The once fantastic staff who buzzed around last year, making sure you were ok, now replaced by staff who would at times leave you waiting for 40 minutes for a drink in the evening. The children's play area, clean when new now dirty and used.
Who wants to get up at 04.30 hrs to secure a sunbed? Rules and regulations dotted around the pool area but none adhered to. The amount of inflatables in the pool and the way people used the big water slide is an accident waiting to happen.
A word of praise for the entertainment staff during the day as they do their very best to ensure people are having a good time and never tire of trying to get you to participate in activities.
Away from the hotel I would also recommend the September Bar as a place to visit, very warm and welcoming staff and one of the better menus in the immediate area.
But if you are thinking of booking Club Excelsior, like we did and people do time and again - don't!

Room Tip: Pool views are noisy and A/C only in bedrooms. We paid extra for living room A/C and was worth it
7  Thank Clemo78

Dear Guest
Thank you for the review, we are sorry to learn that you had some issues regarding the hotel. Please let me assure you that we read and reply to every review and we do take on board all views, comments and suggestions.

Reviewed July 8, 2014 via mobile

this place is amazing entertained all day and all night by all the staff Tom works very hard to make everyone feel at home dont have any faults with this place been 3 times and just back cant wait to go back September its a must book

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Margaret J

Dear Guest
Thank you For the lovely review , I can see you are a returning guest who has a great time with Exelsior Hotels. Cant wait to meet you in September

Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

We arrived on the 22nd of June in the early hours, we was greeted by a friendly English speaking reception staff and was helped by the Secruity guard with our suitcases, he didn't even want a tip!
The rooms are of good quality and are cleaned every day to a fair standard, please note toilet paper is not included. A trip to kipa ( part of Tesco) will solve this very quickly, or steal it off the cleaning trolley!

The swimming pool is big with its own slide, the pool is cleaned every night. During the day rubbish is collected and empty glasses are also collected to avoid wasps and rubbish running riot. During the day you will hear Marita ( an English entertainer) speaking on the mic about the daily activities, she is also the best bingo caller!Throughout the day she is the only person that will personally greet you at your sun bed every morning and again through out the day. Without Marita my holiday wouldn't of been the same. She may be small in size but she makes up for it in her personality. Gives all her club dancing ( 5 times a day) 110%.

Personally I would avoid Turkish night as it is over priced and not all you can eat. Steaks stopped on second visit and all meats are served to you, so as u can imagine the portions are very small.

The restaurant area is kept clean and the service is a good as it can be for the amount of people they have to serve.

Would personally like to thank Sami.Ahmet and halio for the great service and banter throughout my stay.

Visited the onsite hairdressers for a Turkish Shave x 2 and for my girlfriend to have a blow dry. Both very cheap and quick, good experience.

Although I never visited kids club due to not having any kids I would like to highlight BEN. I have often seen and spoke to ben during working hours and out of working hours. Ben seems to be an active part of kids club unlike other members. Ben is always involved in club dances ( even when on lunch break). During the evening you may find ben and the other reps sitting at a table enjoying the entertainment. I have watched ben as I am normally by chance sitting by there table, I have noticed that he is always willing to talk to the children even though he has finished he's working day.

I have found Carlos very annoying after 2 weeks, it seems to be there are other members of staff like rose, Marita and Roberto and dado who do a far better job but do not get the credit, Carlos is only popular due to he's six pack.

We have been greeted by tom every morning without fail. I personally like it how he calls *ashley* across the room to greet me. This gives a personal touch to my dining experience. From a distance it looks as though tom sits and does nothing. This is untrue tom is very active in watching the staff, without tom the hotel wouldn't run as smoothly.

I have visited the shop on numerous occasions and normally everything is ok, there has been times when I have been charged 2 different prices by the same member of staff on different occasions, I feel this needs to be looked at.

We had an issue with our air con at 2 am in the morning, I reported it to the reception by 2.15 am THE SAME NIGHT it was fixed. I am very impressed with the service.

Don't forgot to bring ur own towels, you will need these at 5am to reserve a sun bed. The only moan I have about the hotel is that I opted to pay extra £140 to stay in the main hotel, i was very annoyed to wake up at 8 am and find no sun bed. I was then advised the all 3 hotels can use the pool. This annoyed me further as why should I pay extra and others use the pool, the other hotels do have pools and sun loungers.

Aqua blue nightclub is similar to the nightclub on the innbetweeners but after a few drinks it gets better Marita is there with her dancing. Ask to see her dancing as she has a signature dance move

Talk to adnan at reception very friendly and knowledgeable and is happy to help.

Careful when booking trips through Thomas Cook as they are over priced compared to other local Turkish stands. Talk to Sam about the water park :-)

Chloe and Sam are very friendly, can be found around the pool or in pool bar. They made our holiday very enjoyable.

Have a good sunshine

Have a good holiday

Yolo

Stayed: July 2014
9  Thank Mrmotorvator

Dear Guest
Thank you for the great review . Its good to see you enjoyed your time with Exelsior Hotels. All guests can use any of the pools. upgrades are paid for better rooms also you can go up to the BBQ as many times as you please. Hopefully if you return to Turkey you will consider staying with Exelsior Hotels again.

Reviewed July 4, 2014

We arrived back on Monday from two weeks at Club Exelsior. We booked in March and got it for an absolute steal for a family of four. 17 of our family members had booked the previous summer and we had got it for a fraction of the price. We opted out of transfers as Thomas Cook were trying to charge £140 for a return transfer- having been to Turkey many times I knew that this was daylight robbery so we booked a private mini bus for £80 return from website sun transfers. When we arrived in Dalaman the private transfer was waiting and took us directly to the hotel in a very nice air conditioned Mercedes minibus, even stopping to get the four of us drinks on the way- transfers took 1 hour 10mins and was a very pleasant experience as personally I find the coach a bit of a nightmare esp when travelling with small children.

The hotel looked very nice from the outside and we had requested a room at the back (after reading many reviews) and got one on the third floor. Beautiful room, couldn't fault it all, extra little toilet and sink lovely touch for our four year old. We paid for the tv but didn't pay for the extra air conditioning as we found if you left the bedroom door open the air would circulate quite well at night.

Our family had arrived the night before and were already enjoying all the amenities at the pool. We found all the staff to be extremely courteous and professional. We did have a few issues with a couple of members of staff about the way they spoke in front of the small children in our party however we addressed them with them personally and they completely took it on board and there wasn't an issue after that.

Pool dances are a lot of fun and the kids particularly enjoyed them. The entertainment staff work hard to make sure everyone is involved. The bar staff are fabulous and work such long hours. I would like to thank Halil and Apo for looking after us so attentively, Apo's impression of our accent was absolutely spot on! The girls also do a great job and make a point of speaking to everyone in the resort and make them feel involved.

Turkish night was great fun and the entertainment was fab! The Thomas Cook kids club needs some work- not the staff themselves, I have to say they were a superb bunch of guys, esp Chris and Ben who my daughter took a shine to! Thomas Cook need to invest some money in resources as from what I could see myself and what the children told me there wasn't a great deal to do when at the kids club and they seemed to get bored quite easily- come on Thomas Cook get the finger out!

We booked several excursions and I would def recommend the jeep safari! What an amazing day out and the highlight of my holiday. We also ate at Dantes (just round the corner from the hotel), the food here is the best in the area hands down. Marmaris is a fair distance away esp when walking with children so be aware of this. Taxis are also quite pricey and check price with driver before getting into taxi- a mistake we made more than once! Taj Majal is fabulous as is the Chinese above.

Kippa is just round the corner from the hotel and stocks similar items to Tesco back home at a similar price. The little clothes shop in the hotel is great and the female owner is just lovely. The maids also work tirelessly and our room and all communal areas were always spotless.

Our children got very involved in the Kids show and it was a fab night, I am sure a few more of these nights would be welcomed where the kids could interact more.

I want to apologise to Carlos the entertainer as we got a CD off him on our last night and forgot to pay for it. Our friend is out next week and we will send you the money through her- sorry about that!

Thanks for a great holiday Club Exelsior, we don't normally return to a resort twice but you never know!!

Room Tip: Book main building as I heard a lot of complaints about annex and junior.
6  Thank sarah020484

Dear guest
Thank you for a great review , We are pleased you had such a good time at Club Exelsior and hopefully we will see you again next year

Reviewed July 2, 2014

Just spent 10 days in the Club Exelsior with my wife, daughter and 4 year old grandaughter in the main building. This was our first stay in Turkey and we will definitely be going again and staying in the same hotel, the room was spotless, the maid cleaned it every day, the staff could not do enough for us. We had a leak on the air con which wet the pillow I contacted reception and the pillow was changed within 5mins and the leak done in 15mins. The food was good, and entertainment was good. All in all a very enjoyable holiday, only down side was we had to come home.

10  Thank Ralph P

Dear Guest
Thank you for the lovely review. We at Exelsior Hotels are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and hopefully we will see you again next summer

Reviewed June 29, 2014

I recently went back to Club Exelsior Main Building returning a few weeks ago. This was my fourth time at this hotel and once again it was a great holiday! In fact, this time it was even better! The hotel has recently been refurbished making it much more modern. The rooms are fantastic, very modern decor, perfect apartment for what you need, lovely kitchen area with roomy lounge, very good sized bedroom and amazing bathroom! We were on the second floor with a lovely balcony with pool view. Once again, all of the staff were fantastic, as always. Such friendly, helpful and fun people. Food is also fantastic and great value for money! Overall, another great holiday here! It's the perfect hotel for any group of people, whether your guys, girls or a family I'm sure you will love it here!

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
5  Thank Dannilouise

Dear Guest
Thank you for your review , We are pleased you had a great holiday with Exelsior Hotels and we are thrilled to learn you and your family will be returning to spend your holiday with us next year.

Sally

Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Club Anastasia
#22 of 234 in Marmaris
Club Atrium Apartments
Club Atrium Apartments
#1 of 27 in Armutalan

Been to Club Exelsior? Share your experiences!