“'forget first impressions!'”
Review of Club Exelsior

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Marmaris
Club Exelsior
Ranked #10 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We arrived at !am after travelling for what seemed like ages. The tour rep on the bus let us all off load ourselves and our luggage, kids and elderly companions then told us we weren't going to the big hotel we paid for, that we were to trail down the road, very bumpy road to the annex next door. This went down like the proverbial lead balloon, but it fell on deaf ears as she was off without so much as a backward glance. We trundled down the road, tired, hungry and furious. The 'boy' on the reception was very laid back and told us, we had no choice, there was a manager on call, but he didn't know their phone number, anyway after much deliberation we all went off to our rooms, our travel party was well and truly split up. Rooms were actually okay, we went to the supermarket almost on-site, had a supper then went to bed. The next morning, within a very short time we were given a move to the big hotel we paid for and we were all together again. The rooms were identical to the ones in the annex, very nice hotel, very friendly and atmospheric. We all went for breakfast at the hotel restaurant, very cheap and it was obvious why, food was not good quality. The pool area was very nice and busy. We paid for our telly and air conditioning, its free for in your bedroom but you had to pay for it to be in the living room. Our room views were of the mountains behind the hotel. the staff in the hotel could not have been friendlier and very eager to help, their eagerness did not seem driven by the quest for a tip, but in built, very nice people. there was an entertainments lady who done everything to keep kids and adults amused, but it did show on her that she was a lone worker, she was very tired and drained looking, Lisa was her name. The location of the hotel was a wee bit out of the way, but only 10 turkish lira by taxi to pretty much anywhere in Marmaris. They have a turkish night on a wednesday, all you can eat and play for £10, advisable to eat before you go though. In a nutshell, this hotel is worth the money and I would certainly go back again. There is a 'tesco' just around the corner from the hotel, its called 'kipa', you can save a lot of money going there

Room Tip: rooms facing the back and mountains are less noisy
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank LisaFife_Scotland
There are newer reviews for Club Exelsior

Reviewed May 24, 2012

I have just arrived back from a 10 night stay at Club Exelsior with my 5yr daughter and my mother and we loved every minute of it!
We were staying in the Annex which I was rather worried about at first but turned out to be fab, was literally just across the road from the main building and pool/restaurant, no problem at all. We had a 1 bed apartment and it was clean and there was enough room for us all - twin beds in the bedroom and a pull out double sofa in the front room. It was very basic but enough for our needs. My one complaint about the Annex would be that there is no lifts which is a bit of a pain when you are dragging suitcases up and down the stairs! Luckily we were on the first floor but I feel sorry for people on the 4th!!

The staff and the entertainment at Exelsior was absolutely excellent. The bar/restaurant staff work long hours but are always in a good mood, pleasant and funny. I liked them all but our stand outs were definitly Tom (bar manager), Akin and Jack. There was no sleaze or anything like that, just friendly banter and they would do anything to help. They remembered all of our names and Akin also remembered our favourite tipples etc. I couldn't fault them, they were all such good fun but also professional and curteous.

Liverpudlian Lisa provided all of the entertainment and we thought she was fantastic. She has an excellent way about her and does the perfect job. She is funny but cheeky and knows when to push people to join in and when not to. She's always the first one up to do the pool side dances and really gets you all involved.

Michelle, the tattoo assistant, is also lovely. She always stopped for a chat with us and she did a little glitter tattoo for my daughter on our last day there which she loved!

As other reviews have said there is a big supermarket called Kippa (which is part of Tesco) about a 5min walk away where you can go and get all of your shopping bits you need which obviously works out cheaper than the corner shop but to be honest, it is so cheap to eat out there we tended to go more to the restaurants than stay in and cook.

I also have to mention Uncle John's excursion shop which is just at the top of the road. We had a Turkish Bath from them which was stupidly cheap (worked out at about £7 each) and we really enjoyed. They also change money up and give the best rate and I would definitely take most of my spending money in Sterling and change it there the next time I travel. They were so helpful that they actually gave us a lift into town so I could go to a HSBC cashpoint which dispenses Sterling and then then changed our money and dropped us to where we wanted to go in town! Fantastic service and saved us cab fare on top of changing our money!

Overall, an absolutely fantastic holiday that exceeded my expectations. I am not normally a repeat customer on holidays and like to go to different places but we enjoyed this so much we are already planning on returning next year with a group as we know it will be just as great! I stress that I think this is very much a family holiday venue which is very entertainment and fun filled. I believe that the bad reviews I have seen must be from people who would rather use their hotel purely as a base and don't wish to get involved because as a family, I don't think you can fault it!

Room Tip: The bar is open until 3am and I imagine that during peak season it may get pretty noisy so our room...
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
13  Thank Cazza1982
Reviewed May 22, 2012

After going to Excelsior for many many years, we have just returned may 2012. This has to be the worst ever...none of the usual entertainment staff NO Carlos or Danielle these guys made the holiday in previous years. Even the Tatoo lady assistant has gone! Maybe for all the first time holiday makers this may seem ok BUT what about us guys that have been coming for many years? After having been for 6+ years we have never felt so deflated on a 2 week holiday! Sorry guys but it's not up to scratch. We were glad to come home, this hotel has become of a very low standard. We shall not be returning which is very sad for us as a group. The bar staff do a great job but again not up to previous year standard. I hope the rest of 2012 season resumes to previous years as I'm sure your regulars will not be returning. I grade this club 3/10 previously it would of been 11/10.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Lee I
Reviewed May 6, 2012

A crowd of us stayed here for 2 weeks. It was the most amazing holiday. The staff is so energetic and were than helpful during our stay. The environment is relaxed and everyone there was friendly.

Room Tip: stay in the hotel and not junior/annex
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
12  Thank NoelS2
Reviewed May 2, 2012

i have stayed at the club excelsior for the past 3 years,with my wife and two kids(aged 9+11).there are many great reasons why it suits us as a family,including a kids club/play area/kids pool,including slides,pool table,games,ice cream,day and evening entertainment etc.the turkish staff are very friendly and helpful(carlos,jack,efes).the food is about average for turkey,but turn right at the end of the road(100yards)and there are scores of top quality and reasonably priced restaurants.there is a massive supermarket approx.5min walk away where you can stock up on drinks/fruit/snacks and they serve cooked chickens/cooked fish etc,which is dead handy(and healthier)to bring back for lunch each day.the hotel has an on-site turkish bath,however it is more than twice the price of the average(but great if you dont fancy catching a mini-bus and travelling 10-15 min each way).one slight downer is the fact that the hotel doesnt sell EFES BEER :-( oh by the way the hotel is very clean but fairly basic decor(but lets be honest,most of us only use the rooms to wash and kip!).anyway roll on june when we are going back for a 4th time.

15  Thank LurganIrishphil
Reviewed May 1, 2012

Visited here June 2011 and can't wait to go back again this year. Yes rooms could do with an update but they are soooo clean. Bar staff and kids club staff were great. Entertainment team were brill. Couldn't fault it. Good food in hotel and also decent nearby restaurants. Roll on 5 weeks when we go back :-)))) don't listen to bad reviews as it is a fabulous place for families. Relaxed and enjoyable

8  Thank Jemma T
Reviewed April 18, 2012

Me and my family went here for the last week in June first week in July and every morning there was a fight for a sun lounger. Also, not allowed to eat/drink at all at hotel pool area unless it is bought from their bar (which was 6 lira for a small coke). Staff were very rude and unhelpful - very noisy through the night. I have been to Turkey for 8 years in a row and would rate this the worst by far for families/couples.

Everything in the hotel is also an extra - have to pay for TV and air-con.

Not worth the money at all!!!!

Room Tip: Have a pool view as on the back there is nothing but a dump/trees.
5  Thank LibbyLou_12