“My opinion.”
Review of Hotel Emre

Hotel Emre
Ranked #51 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week, in August 2013, and my wife and I had a lovely holiday.
We arrived fairly late in the evening. Within a couple of minutes, we had our armbands and the bellboy had taken our luggage and was escorting us to our room. Wow! What a room!! The hotel has recently been refurbished, and the owners are working with the tour operators to try to achieve a 5 star rating, the rooms definately reflect this. Our room overlooked the main drag in Marmaris, this would not be ideal for some, but was perfect for us as we love to people watch. We are not huge fans of maid services, so we tend to hang the do not disturb sign on our door every other day. So on the days this sign wasn't on our door, the maid came in, changed our sheets, left fresh towels, and cleaned to check in standard. Perfect!! On one of the days that we wanted a maid, we forgot to lock our safe, containing EVERYTHING of value and all our money. When we returned it was all as we left it, so some of the theft posts on here, to me are
rubbish. Located in the lobby is a small cafe, this supplies drinks and snacks (at certain times) all other facilities are in the Emre beach hotel, located across the road. This road can at times be very busy, and Turkish drivers are slightly crazy. This didn't cause us a problem, but I can see how it would be a problem for families with small children or members with disabilities. The pool area is immaculate, and offers a great deal of shade, for those who struggle in the sun, my wife and I love the sun, so the beach is where we spent most of our week. The beach is lovely, it sits in a natural harbour, created by islands and mountains and is an amazing view and back drop. This also acts as a wind break and stops any waves. Although the beach itself is sand, it does become pebbles where it meets the water. Understandable when you see how mountainous the region is. We took some surf shoes with us, and I highly recommend you do the same. The sand can get very hot, and the pebbles and sea grass are not pleasant on bare feet, but the socks will remove this discomfort. The food is mostly very good. My wife is probably the fussiest eater on the planet, and she never went hungry. I've read on here, and heard some complaints with regards to food. I'll give you my opinion on these. Some have said that the food is repetative, but all inclusive holidays always feel this way. Some have complained about the flies, it's a buffet in a part of the building that allows you to sit indoors or out, it doesn't matter where you are in the world, if its warm, and there's access to food there's flies!! Some people have complained about the cats, the cats (agreed I would rather they weren't hanging around while I eat) do serve a purpose, they dispose of the rats, snakes and scorpions, of which we saw none, me personally i'll put up with the cats if it means I don't have to put up with the others. Now for my only gripes, this hotel is by no means understaffed, or short of money. To me, there is no reason for me to sit at a table to eat, and the table cloth be covered in crumbs and reminents of food from the people who last used the table, especially when staff are stood around either talking to each other or to other guests. I also don't expect to stand in a queue for drinks (for 5 to 10 minutes at times) especially when there's upto 4 bar staff stood behind the bar, but only one serving, it's infuriating. Granted neither of these problems spoiled our holiday, but they where an annoyance, and both would be easily solved by employing a good head waiter and head barman that isn't afraid to crack the whip.
All in all, this is a lovely hotel, in an amazing area! That I would recommend to my friends and family and would stay at again. Thanks Emre for a great holiday!!

• Stayed: August 2013
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2013

Dear Justin;

Thanks a lot for having taken the time to write such a detailed review of Emre Beach Hotel.

We are very happy to hear that you you would recommend our hotel to friends & family and would definitely stay again. We would certainly love hosting you again.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

We arrived at the hotel during the early hours of the morning, in which we were greeted by the hotel night manager as there were already people cueing at reception. He could not find our booking on his list and also that of another couple that had also been on our flight however after seeing our booking documents he quickly rectified this. He made every effort to make the process as quick as possible for us which we thought was great. Once given our room number the bell boy took us quickly to our room, and way very grateful of the tip we gave him. Our room was ABSOLUTELY STUNNING (we were in the EMRE HOTEL). We literally could not have asked for something better an although our view was of the waste land this didnt matter to us as the rest of it was so brilliant.

After arrival the hotel manager got us a free drink of juice and showed us around. We enquired about wifi and although the brochure said that this was free we were charged per day of the holiday, the cost varied dependant on the receptionist which made us question whether this charge was genuine or not and whilst we were there other guests commented on this also.

The stay itself was really good, we met some fantastic people and the hotel was beautifully kept on both the hotel and the beach side of the things. The beach jetty where we sunbathed was also fantastic. We didnt spend much time around the pool as we are sun worshippers and it didnt get very much as of certain times of the day, but the area was beautifully kept and a great place for famillies to base themselves.

The food we felt was reasonibly good, there was always something that we ate and felt full from however many of the guests we spoke to did not rate it including some that had previously stayed in the hotel suggesting it had gone down hill. The bar staff and dining rooms staff were incredibly friendly and welcomming and always made you feel welcome and nothing was too much trouble for you. One waiter in particular was the life and soul of the hotel and you would defiantely know who I meant if you visit, I often wondered how someone could be that happy all the time, he truly was brilliant.

The entertainment really let the hotel down. It only lasted half an hour and was of poor quality. They seemed more interested in getting you out of the hotel to bar street.

The drinks were ok however very little selection was available. The lager was often flat and there were options of vodka, brandy and whisky all Turkish brands, fizzy pop and strong juice and teas and coffees, plenty to make do with.

We were a little disappointed that we werent told about how to access the indoor facilities in the spa that were free and also that we had to go over to the Beach hotel for drinks when there was a fully functionable and very nice bar on the Emre Hotel side. We found this 3 days into our holiday. It seemed they didnt inform us so we didnt use them.

On the final day of our stay we were not due to leave the hotel untill 6pm that evening, we asked if we could extend our room however reception informed us that the hotel was full and this would not be possible.

There is a luggage room that is kept locked that we used and felt happy with this. We asked at reception if there was anywhere we could shower and we were told that we could shower in the spa downstairs for a cost of 10 Lira per person. We were not told of the pool showers that we later found out were free to use. We went down to the spa on the Emre Hotel side and were told that the manager had said we would not be allowed to shower there and we must shower in the beach hotel side. We went across and down into the spa and told yes this would be possible. This is where for me my holiday went down hill. We were led into a room that had very little lighting, it had one shower and one toilet. The shower had no light in it and had dirty water all over the floor therefore we decided to wear our flip flops in the shower, we had to ask for towels which when you are paying I felt should have been provided. I showered first whilst my partner stood outside the shower. During my showering I did not feel comfotable at all, people were walking in and out of the room, it was not private and although there were some small doors on the shower I felt as though people could see me, at one point a man came in and started saying something to my partner that I didnt understand and this made me very uneasy. I quickly washed myself down and got out and dressed quickly and decided to get myself ready properly over in the Emre Hotel toilets. My partner also showered quickly and we left.

The indoor pool was dirty and the gym consisted of 3 pieces of equipment.

On collection from Thomson to take us to the airport our rep Alison was fantastic, both ourselves and the other couple informed her of our problems with the Wifi payments and shower problems and she immediately called the rep of the hotel and asked them to report it. She completed a complaints form for us and once we arrived at the airport she ensured we had priority check in and allocated seats. Thomson throughout the stay from booking to returning home were absolutely fantastic and we couldnt praise Alison or the company enough. They are someone we will definately ourchase our holiday from again.

Overall we had a really good holiday, Marmaris is stunning and we would definately return through Thomson however we are still unsure as to whether we would return to Emre Hotel. Although there was nothing that ruined the holiday, the little bits that make it extra special were not there, but overall generally a good hotel.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kim H
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this reviewResponded August 14, 2013

Dear Kim;

We appreciate that you have taken the time to write such a detailed and long review of Emre Beach Hotel.

Please note that the WiFi rate used to be either 5 or 6 liras per day, it fluctuated according to the pound lira exchange rate. But after we noticed this created confusion among guests, we changed it to a flat lira rate: 5 liras per day, 25 for the whole week (instead of 35).

We do have a different entertainment every night: Turkish nights, special shows, karaoke, bingo, etc.. And they never last less than 45 minutes. Please note that not all of our guests would like entertainment for the whole night; that wouldn't be possible anyway, as we have to turn down the music at 12.00. But some of our guests would like some quiet, and we are just trying to balance the tastes and preferences of our many guests.

Please note that we have raki, gin, wine and cocktails in the all-inclusive menu in addition to the ones you mentioned. We recently added cocktails to the all-inclusive menu based on TripAdvisor comments.

As for the showers: Our receptionist probably thought that you'd be aware of the showers by the pool and you preferred private showers. The same goes for the cafe: Since it is next to the elevators, we would never think any of guests would not recognize it.

Reviewed August 9, 2013 via mobile

Absolutely amazing holiday with my boyfriend and another couple! We stayed in the emre hotel which is newly refurbished and unbelievable. I've never stayed in such a lovely decorated room! Absolutely fell in love with the showers and mirror area (girls, you'll see what I mean, it's amazing and, lets face it, we all fully appreciate a big mirror to get ready in at night). Personally I thought the pool set up was great. There are two decent sized pools, as for comments about it been rowdy and full of kids, its the 6weeks holidays? I don't understand what they expect. I did notice couples and older families tended to congregate around the far pool and young families/people like us that didn't mind the kids congregated around the nearest one that had a children's pool attached so obviously children will be there :/. The bell boy in the emre hotel was lovely to us and and very polite, he didn't ask for a tip but we gave him one anyway for his help and he did make us feel welcome so he gave a great first impression. Loved the food, not usually a big eater when its so hot but there was just so much choice and it all looked great. Fresh loads where seen to be brought out very often which was nice to see. As for the watered down drinks, I personally saw a lot of bottles been open from fresh and could hear and see the seals been broken on them and poured straight into our drinks. It's obviously going to affect us differently than our standard smirnoffs etc as its Turkish vodka and doesn't claim to be anything like 'Smirnoff'.
As soon as we got back we had a look at booking again for next year, definitely returning. Amazing holiday, amazing location, amazing cleanliness - which is a massive bonus for me as I'm a real wuss when it comes to bugs and I saw none in and around the hotel. Apologies for the massive essay, I just can't say enough good things about it. Love it :)

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank LJW1
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2013

Dear Madam;

Thanks so much for having taken so much of your time, on a mobile device nonetheless, to write such a detailed review of Emre Beach Hotel. We are especially pleased that you cleared up some of the confusion in TripAdvisor reviews regarding our food and alcoholic drinks.

We are honored to hear that your recent stay at our hotel was the best holiday you've had so far. We are also very happy to read that you already booked again for next year; we are looking forward to hosting you again.

Reviewed August 8, 2013

What can I say, apart from absolutely fantastic! Both the Hotel Emre and the Emre Beach were brilliant hotels that completely exceeded me and my partners expectations. We stayed in the Hotel Emre which is across from the beach hotel and we were blown away with the amazing renovation that has taken place, the rooms were incredible! Beautiful decor, amazing shower & bathroom facilities, flat screen tv built into the walls, private spacious balcony, spectacular reception aswell, literally could not have asked for more. I could spend all day countering all the negative reviews on here as trust me, they are completely unjustified, but just to highlight a few:
Complaints about the busy road you have to cross?! Big deal! As long as you aren't a complete moron this is not a problem at all. The road is no busier than one in the UK its just that the driving in Turkey is far more casual so just pay a little bit more attention, its a DIFFERENT COUNTRY, what do these people expect?! The complaints about food are an absolute joke, plenty of selection, of course some things will repeat over the holiday, its impossible not to! We never had a meal where we did not have a plate full of food we didn't enjoy, but obviously some people will not be happy unless they are completely blown away by every meal. Idiots. Lastly, it's actually hilarious to read people moaning about the juice machine being too strong, it's got a water button on it so WATER IT DOWN!!!! Obviously a task too hard for some of the socially inept idiots that have poured their heart and soul into writing an unjustified bad review. At least these cretins wont be there next year when we return, which we definitely will be doing. Keep an eye out for Brad Pitt around the pool aswell, the guy is a true hero! You'll see what I mean : )
10/10 Hotel Emre - WELL DONE!!!

Room Tip: Try stay in the Hotel Emre across from the beach hotel. Although there is nothing wrong with the bea...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Chris_B_1986
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this reviewResponded August 9, 2013

Dear Chris;

We are very pleased to hear that you found Emre Hotel to be fantastic. We are also happy to read that you'll definitely be returning next year. It will certainly be a pleasure to be hosting you again.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

With its two big swimming pool,Emre Beach is also next to spectacular Mediterian Sea.There is a 30 km pedestrian road along the seaside which allows you to enjoy a nice walk especially early in the morning and at night after a nice dinner at Emre Beach Hotel's restaurant..
The staff shows Turkish hospitality at all times..
I highly recommend this delicious and clean Hotel in the middle of Marmaris-paradise like city..

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank MrsHero
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this reviewResponded August 5, 2013

Dear Madam;

We are very pleased to hear that you'd highly recommend Emre Hotel. We hope you'll visit us again soon...

Reviewed July 29, 2013

we arrived at the emre hotel in the early hours the receptionist was not the best. any problems was met with see manager in the morning, some bands were put on wrists but some had to ask for them. the information sheet we were given said there was a poolside bar theres not unless they call the juice machine on a counter a bar. the food was mostly luke warm,and not always a good choice. the rooms were of a good standard but little things like the rail in the wardrobes not screwed in let it down. the daytime activity programme was the same every day, darts and aqua aerobics in morning and water polo and table tennis competition in afternoon, but i never saw the table tennis all week. the night time entertainment was at 9 oclock by the poolsideif you wanted drinks then you had to go back up to the terrace bar then by the time you got back if the bar was busy then you missed most of any shows they put on as they only lasted about 20 minutes, and not that good either. if you do book try and stay at emre beach side so you dont have to cross the busy road.this hotel is not good if you have children as there is nothing for them to do or keep them entertained.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank keith d
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this reviewResponded July 30, 2013

Dear Keith;

Please note that the table of the table tennis was scratched, and so we had to get it fixed- it wasn't available for a couple of days because of that.

Please also note that the bar is about 50 yards or so from the show area. And we increased the bar staff by one recently to prepare cocktails (we decided to include cocktails into the all-inclusive because of requests at TripAdvisor) as well as minimize waiting times.

Reviewed July 28, 2013

Not having been on this kind of holiday before, I normally go to India and stay with family... I didn't know what to expect.... after booking the holiday I checked out the hotel reviews..... I thought oh my god what have I done, reviews where so bad. We stayed at Emre Beach Hotel for a few days and then Emre Hotel. Both hotels are of a very high standard.
1)Room was cleaned every day, and the maid is always in the corridor for about 5 hours so I always caught her and got extra towels of her if I needed them.... nothing was a problem.
2)Rooms where lovely, bedding was changed every day without us asking.
3)Coffee was available all day long, my husband is a tea lover which is not available only Turkish tea but this is only a minor point.
4)Waiters are lovely, always willing to help, management are always around to listen to your views and put things right.
5)Only slight let down was that I am a vegetarian and I could of done with a bit more variety, everything seemed to have meat in it of some sort or fish.... but then being so hot, the salad bar and fresh bread was enough to fill me up and it just left more space for the lovely desserts on display everyday.
6)Entertainment was brilliant..... Turkish Night with lovely fresh cooked Kebabs.
Would definitely stay again............ Had a brilliant time
Regards Samra

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank sarbjit s

Dear Samra;

It gives us a pleasure to hear that you had a brilliant time at Emre Hotel and that you'd definitely stay again We would certainly love hosting you again.

You are right that Turkey is a meat-lovers' paradise, but we always have several vegetarian dishes everyday to make sure our vegetarian guests don't feel left out.