“So Disappointing ! !”

Ranked #41 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Wigan, United Kingdom
“So Disappointing ! !”
Reviewed June 17, 2013

Before i start i'm not a snob i have been dragged up all my life and from a council estate in wigan so that says it all lol.

Me and my partner paid £1700 for this holiday and looking at the reviews before we went it all seemed good and was really looking forward to it when in the travel agents they promised us the earth oh sure sir you can have a sea view with a big sun balcony ha yeah right.

On arrival we got put into a room next to the maids main room and next to the elevator over looking both pools and the entertainment part, so the maid woke us up every morning at 5 o'clock banging around in her room then people going up and down in the lift and cause it was an end room everyone had to walk past us to get to there rooms on certain days it sounded like a heard of elephants going past when i enquired about the sea view i got told its an extra £200 to have a sea view even tho it stated it on all my paperwork that i would have one.

So far off to a bad start and then it got worse the sink leaked and the bath stunk when i told the reception i got a bucket under the sink and my balcony window open to take the smell away really did not please me.

The food is the same at breakfast and dinner there is only so much potato wedges rice and chicken nuggets you can eat before going elsewhere even tho we had paid for all inclusive and it did not get any better at tea time really if you're into eating the same food on a 2-3 day routine all i can say is your easily pleased.

The drinks from the bar are ok if you're a child and like soft drinks, granted there is a selection of alcohol drinks included but all seemed to be watered down as one day to prove a point i drunk 18 vodka and lemonades and was not drunk not even getting to the tipsy point as if i had drunk this amount back home id be in A+E having my stomach pumped.

The entertainment what a joke killer darts and water polo in the afternoon by a woman who's laugh is so annoying its unreal and a selection at night of Bingo, Music and Movie Quiz, Karaoke (when people can get up and sing as it got called of one night as only one person sang) then they some times hire people in like the michael jackson act don't get me wrong hes good but only lasts 15 mins then thats it your entertainment is over for the night so then off to the bar it is with your watered down beers and music no one can here its that low all you can here is the Three Brothers Bar next door (witch is a fantastic night i must say excellent food with excellent entertainment)

The not so helpful receptionist would not let me book my room on as we was only being picked up at 9.30 at night and had to be out the room by 12 so that left 9 and a half hours with no were to go after having a bad two weeks and a full blown argument between me and the receptionist and me nearly swinging for him the manager then decided to let us book a late check out witch cost me another 100tl what a joke.

Never again will we be booking into this hotel we said we would go back to turkey but obviously a different hotel we was actually glad to get on the plane back home.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Emre_Hotels, Owner at Hotel Emre, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Dear Chris;

We appreciate that you have taken the time to share your thoughts on your holiday at Emre Hotel. We would like to address some of the issues you have raised.

Please note that while we try to accommodate specific room requests as much as we can, sometimes that's not possible, especially when the hotel is full. So your travel agent should not have promised you a seaview room. We have guaranteed seaview rooms in our contracts for next year, but not this year.

We have maintenance staff 24/7, and so all repair issues are addressed right away. In your case, the bucket was probably left there as temporary solution, and I assume the problem was resolved soon afterwards.

Please note that we have a rotating menu so that there aren't many dishes that aren't repeated. But since we have such a large menu, some items are bound to be repeated during the course of a one-week stay. We recently expanded the menu to increase food quality as well as to make sure repeated dished are minimized.

As you noted as well, we do have entertainment every night. Our shows last about 45 minutes on average. We could have entertainment for longer, but some guests prefer peace and quiet; we are just trying to balance out the different tastes and preferences of our many guests.

We offer late checkout for a fee, based on availability. I guess the receptionist was trying to explain (unfortunately, our staff do not speak perfect English) to you that there was no room available.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (150)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Stayed in emre hotel had all meals in emre beach hotel in june 2013 .To cut a long story short the food in this hotel is poor an example of one night was curried sprouts and boiled spuds in milk,breakfast is ok if you like eggs because that's about all that was edible with bread,the staff were hopeless and the vodka,gin,beer ,wine etc was rubbish.the staff spoke very little english and seemed to be more interested in the Russian guests than British.the corridor in the emre hotel leading to our room had a terrible smell which was foul.all in all turkey was bad the 1st person we saw at the airport was the visa staff they were rude and depressing,the security staff at Dalaman airport spoke to us like we were dirt on the bottom of their shoes.all in all the hotel was rubbish and I will never return to turkey,you can't shop because the shop keepers just hassle you and if you don't buy they just abuse you verbally.you cannot walk alom
Ng the sea front without bar staff trying to get you in the bars or on there sun beds the hassle is non stop it is ridicules never .

Room Tip: A good tip don't go
1 Thank paulweston412
Guildford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Just returned from a weeks stay at the Emre Hotel with my partner, The Hotel itself was lovely, and the refurbishment was done too a high standard. The food was okay there was something there for us to eat, but was pretty much the same stuff day in day out, but that didn't bother us. And the all inclusive drinks weren't too bad either, plenty to choose from. The location was lovely right on the beach,

I bit however have a few issues with the hotel,
1)When we booked the hotel I noticed we had been booked in the annex part, that didn't bother me, but I emailed the hotel to see if we could upgrade to a family Suite on the top floor as it was my 21st Birthday present, so we could have a bigger balcony and a lot more room, This was all conformed by the hotel before we flow out and we would pay a little extra on arrival, are flight was delayed so we didn't arrive till 5am to be greeted by the most unhelpful reception staff, who said that we hadn't booked a room on the fourth floor at all and a room on the third floor we had booked instead and that he couldn't change it to the fourth floor because the manager wasn't around to conform it, even though I had all the paperwork and emails from the hotel to state it had been arranged, so had to settle for a third room floor. Until I managed to find the manger the late next day, and get him to sort it out,

2)The "Bell" boy, took my suitcase from reception to the room for me, just mine not my partners, then came into the room, and demanded that I give him a tip, baring In mind it was 5am in the morning and I had no change, but he kept saying, "anything,anything" he didn't demand any from my partner just me, I manage to get together 50p and he finally left the room.

3)The maid cleaned the room everyday, but the towels where never changed, most of the time I was hanging the towels outside and drying them myself, on the last couple of days, I started helping myself to dry towels off the maids trolley just so I knew we had some if the others weren't dry.

4)The day we arrived, we just wanted to relax and catch up on some sleep by the beach, when we was approached by the Guy that runs the spa's at the hotels, started to try and sell us a Turkish bath, when we said we weren't interested, he said "ill make you an appointment for 11:30am after your welcome meeting" even though we had said we didn't want one, after this he never spoke to us again, and just avoided us because we didn't want a Turkish bath at the hotel.

Apart from these little niggles, Everything was spot on, and I would return, if little changes where made!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam;

We are very happy to hear that you thought Emre Hotel was lovely and enjoyed your stay. We take guest feedback very seriously, and we have taken the following precautions on the small points you have mentioned.

The reception manager forgot to upgrade you to the suite on the computer; he sincerely apologizes; he makes hundreds if not thousands of such changes, but this is the only time such a thing happened.

Towels are supposed to be changed every other day, and so we are seriously looking into this issue. We usually get ratings from our maids, but we will get to the bottom of this...

Finally, please note that we have warned the bellboys as well as the spa-marketer not to pester guests.

Reviewed June 12, 2013

My Family and myself stayed at the Emre Hotel for two weeks 27th May to 10TH June 2013,.When we walked into the Hotel it looked great but sadley the room was very dusty with wood floors which were only cleaned around the main floor area leaving thick clumps of dust every where else ,the view from the balcony in our room was of waist land full of left over building materials.
The air con broke down for three days and being on the 4th floor which is the loft area made the room roasting.The staff dont like dealing with complaints ,
The staff spoke very little English and really didnt show any concern when we complained about the air con.We had our meals in the main Hotel Emre Beach which was across the road.
The food was very poor , eg,curried brockley and potatoes boiled in milk ,we had evenings when we didnt eat as we found the selection was so bad.If you love salad its great but we struggled each day to have a proper meal .The food was not suitable for our children we had to take our children outside of the hotel to eat everyday and the All inclusive package was poor.No ice cream for kids during the day and you had to go to the bar for all fizzy soft drinks and alcoholic drinks.The other major concern of mine was the fact that the local wild cats were allowed to wonder freely around the restaurant walking under the tables while you sat eating your meal (this is not exceptable.) The pool area and main bar were great but that was the only good points of this pair of hotels.

1 Thank paulweston412
Dear Paul;

We appreciate that you have shared your experience at Emre Hotel with us. We would like to address some of the issues you have raised:

We are not sure what you mean by dusty; it is possible there was some maintenance in the room right before your arrival, and maintenance forgot to tell housekeeping to clean the room. We apologize if that's the case, but rooms are cleaned everyday, and so we trust your room was spotless the next day.

Since hotel equipment is subject to heavy use, maintenance issues can pop up in rooms. But we do have maintenance staff on duty 24/7, and so once you report the issue, they probably sent someone right away.

Please note that we have a huge menu, and so our guests always find several items they like at each meal.

Finally, please note that stray cats are a part of life in Turkey, so you are likely to encounter them in other hotels in Marmaris. We feed them leftovers at the edge of the hotel so that they'll leave guests alone- and it works perfectly....

Reviewed June 11, 2013

we arrived on 26th may, our first impression on entering hotel was wow!!! it looked stunning & as my 12 yr old granddaughter said very posh.The crystal lighting is amazing. we were checked in straight away & our cases were taken up to our room. It is the best room i,ve ever stayed in .... the decor.... spacious... the amazing shower ... it was great to have a walk in shower suitable for disabled guests & everything so spotlessly clean. Fresh towels daily. There,s a fridge in room also flat screen tv & air conditioning. We had to cross the road to the emre beach for meals etc but we never found crossing the road a problem. I loved all the food especially the desserts there was a lot of choice to suit everyone. It was great to be able to have hot tea/coffee available all day/evening as well as cold drinks. The terrace bar is a great place to be & we spent a lot of time up there. All the staff in both hotels are so friendly & cheerful & would always help if you needed anything.They work so hard but were always smiling & happy.The beach was clean & sunbeds always available but we were by the pool more which was also spotless. I travelled with my husband, son,daughter in law, granddaughters aged 12 & 4 also brother & sister in law,. there was no fold up bed in room for 4 yr old so they moved them to family room no problem. All the staff were always joking with the children. On the 3rd june it was my son & daughter in laws anniversary also sister in laws birthday & that evening the waiters laid out a table for all 8 of us, covered the top with flowers, fetched a big bottle of red wine & poured our first drink into the glass it was so thoughtful & made the day special... Thanks very much. The hotel is in a great location for walking also the buses are regular & cheap. We,d walk down to the harbour & get bus back or vice versa.Lovely play areas for children down by the harbour. If you want to go on a boat trip go to Tony down by the Blackpool bar as we had a brilliant day & the lunch on board of grilled bbq chicken, pasta & salad was plentiful & tasty also drinks were included all for £15. we were in a first floor room in the front & despite the patio doors being closed a few nights the traffic noise kept us awake as it was very busy, we asked about childrens entertainment but was told as the hotel caters mostly for adults there was none available, the children enjoyed the pool all day tho! the evening entertainment could be a bit longer than 30-45 minutes or at least afterwards have music playing around the stage area. There is a tv up in the terrace bar playing the music channel you can listen to. Nilly entertainment was hilarious with an infectious laugh & so jolly also Dino. We knew you had to pay for cocktails but if they reduce the price from 14tl they,d sell a lot more as we could get 2 for that price in the bars along the promenade. We,l definately return ( although i may ask for a higher floor room ) & will recommend to family & friends. It was our first time in Turkey & so glad we choose Marmaris & the Emre to stay in as it made our holiday well worth it. Thanks to everyone. :)

Dear Susy;

We are very pleased to read that you had a fantastic holiday at Emre Hotel.

We are also honored to read that your room was the best hotel room you've ever stayed in. We spent a lot of money and effort to refurbishing the hotel, and it is great that we are seeing happy guests as a result.

We were also happy to learn that you'd recommend our hotel to family & friends and that you'd return. We'd love to host you again soon.

wales
Reviewed June 11, 2013

Stayed at the hotel emre (not beach part) 25th May - 9th June. Check in was easy and was at the front of the hotel. The room was very nicely decorated and clean. The main road at the front of the hotel can be buisy and noisy at night. I was with my wife and 2 children aged 12 and 4. I was told by travel agent that in my room there was a double bed, a single bed and a sofa bed. This wasn't the case and my girls had to share a single bed which was awkward. I asked if a sofa bed could be put in my room but it never was. When I repeated my request the following day to the manager (Emre) I was upgraded to a family suite on the top floor. The room was fantastic with a massive balcony. The view wasn't great, just a bit of waste land with a little house and some animals but it was dead quiet at night and would recommend requesting a back room away from the main road if you are a light sleeper. The main part of the hotel is across the busy main road which you get used to after a while. The pools are absolutely lovely and clean. The food takes a bit of getting used to but managed to find something everyday. Both parts of the hotel are kept clean at all times. The entertainment isn't great but I wasn't that bothered due to the fact I was after a peace full holiday and my girls entertained themselves. I have read some reviews suggesting that the staff are arrogant. This is not true. They do have a severe lack of understanding of the English language but if you are patient and explain your needs they are always eager to help. All staff where friendly and help full. The young bell boy mostly in the hotel emre was especially friendly and help full and spoke good English. We named him 5 minutes. I would definitely return to this hotel in the future. If you are looking for a quiet and relaxing holiday you won't go wrong with this hotel. I think that because I've got the girls, if the children's entertainment was improved, it would pass has a 5 star.

Room Tip: If you stay in the hotel mere (not beach part) ask for a back room. The view isn't the best but...
Dear Sir;

We would like to thank you for having taken the time to write a detailed review of Emre Hotel.

We are very pleased to read that you'd return to Emre Hotel in the future. We would certainly love to host you again.

Devon
Reviewed June 2, 2013

On arrival our rooms were unsuitable, as we had booked rooms for four, and had been allocated rooms for 3. However the problem was resolved the same day and we were given beautiful, spacious rooms which were spotlessly clean, comfortable and serviced daily.

The whole hotel was beautifully decorated and equipped, the breakfast, lunch and dinner buffets were varied and high quality and the waiters were friendly and entertaining whilst always professional.

Sunbeds were readily available both poolside and on the beach, which areas were again very clean and well serviced.

The Hotel was adjacent to the beach, within walking distance of Marmaris town which has a lively but civilised atmosphere during the evening. Buses were very regular and cheap - great for tired children.

We enjoyed all trips and activities we booked, although if booking an all day trip, do check how much of the day is spent in transit and how much time you have at the destination(s).

We booked this holiday on the recommendation of family members who had visited the previous year and it exceeded our hopes and expectations in every way. I would recommend wholeheartedly.

Room Tip: Be clear about whether you need doubles or singles when booking.
Dear Julia;

We are very pleased to read that you had the perfect holiday at Emre Hotel and that you'd recommend Emre Hotel wholeheartedly.

It is great you came on the recommendation of family members and were not disappointed. We hope that in return, you'll recommend our hotel to relatives and friends- we are firm believers in word-of-mouth advertising. And we of course hope you'll visit us again soon...