“Puts the X in excellent”
Review of Blue Palace

Blue Palace
Ranked #42 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is a gem of a Hotel/apartments, the staff are friendly without being intrusive, and their dress code is the best I've seen (outside 5star) the manager John, makes you feel like your the most important guest .... .....(heard others say the same) the food is mmmmm thank you, Ali the chef, your kitchen is so impressive...I was blown away...our apartment was immaculate and a lovely addition was a flat screen Tv. We have been going to Turkey for 17yrs and this is the best hotel/aprtment/villa we have stayed......fantastic holiday....this is the first time I have wrote a review, and the first time we have said we will go back......Also must mention Hassan, the owner who popped in regular, your hotel and staff are a credit to you.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank TheresaandSteve_13

Reviewed May 21, 2013

Just back from a wonderful holiday at The Blue Palace, Marmaris, staff were superb, really friendly. Food was delicious and the rooms were really clean, can't fault on anything. Can't wait to come back again soon. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Tracey M
Reviewed October 16, 2012

been to this hotel for past 5 years cant fault anything about it great for couples or familys . john ali shane & paul are all very friendly .the food is good ,everywhere is clean ,appartments cleaned each day .its like going home its so welcoming . appartments are good size and comfy with balcony . shops supermarket bus stops and beach all about 5 mins walk . hoping to go back next may and sept because i no we will have great time .

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank caseddie
Reviewed October 14, 2012

this was our first time in marmaris and it was amazing. we went here for two weeks, when we go to the apartment it was very dark and it looked like we had been put right at the back of marmaris. we was 20 minute walk from bar street but we never went there as we heard it was expensive and there was drugs etc there... before we went we got told that the men in turkey are very keen for women but they are really friendly and we didnt get bothered. cocktails are very cheap in the majority of bars they're 2 for 10tL i would really reccomend a bar called Captains Beach omg the staff are hilarious and they dance on the bar at 930 and then 11 and they set fireworks off in the bar its great we was there on my 16th and they brought me a free cocktail and started dancing to me then they got me up on the bar it was great.

anyway the apartment was great when we got off the bus they couldnt do enough for you they carried our cases down and up the stair for us and settled us in our room we went in august and we needed aircon and a fan as the aircon is in the bedroom and the other beds are in the living room. the rooms are very big and are vey basic they have a smallish balcony and on my birthday as we was on the bottom floor, they had put up balloons and banners! they asked my mum if they wanted a cake ordering fro 20tL so about £10 and it was amazing! the food in the apartment is great and they learn your names very quickly! there are 4 of them and they name themselves after the beatles the manager is John, the chef is called Ali, the night worker is called Paul and another worker called Ringo! they are hilarious theyre always asking if your alright and they jump in the pool and all sorts. Ali dances round the pool area soo funny however the pool area is tiny and there arent many sunbeds so you have to get up at 7 and reserve them. the rooms get cleaned daily and smell lovely, the bar men even provided lemon spray as i was continuously been bit by mosquitoes! we was a 5 min walk from the beach and we was more towards icimela. the sunbeds on the beach are amazing theyre cream padded and they have double beds with curtains however the drinks on the beach are really really expensive. on our first week we went on a pedlo in the sea it cost us 30tL for an hour it was great then on the 2nd week we went on the jeep safari however after we went on it we got told that people have died on it as you have water fights with water guns and theres about 7 different jeeps full of people and they are always over taking others on narrow roads! so you get told not to shoot the drivers but its a great day out and only cost us 30tL for 3 of us and you get a small meal included. would defienately go back.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank laurenfromtheuk
Reviewed October 6, 2012

This was my 1st time in Marmaris, and the Blue Palace apartments have to say enjoyed every second,the apartments where great,very clean! food in Blue palace was 2nd to none,absolutly faultless!! drink was cheap too! John,paul and ringo were always smiling! John knows every guests name! would go back to these apartments in the morning if i could! defiinatly be back next year! cleaners were in everyday,and also always have a smile for you...the wee family of kittens out the back were great fun too..highly recommend the apartments! pool is adequate for a dip to cool off,shops are 5min walk away! there are also good few bars beside the shops,if u want the clubs,hit bar street,abou 5min taxi drive or hop on the dolmus ( local bus ) jus wave and they stop..to recap fantastic staff,apartments and location..highly reccomended.

Room Tip: fans and aircon are a must..temp at night was about 28 degrees wen we where there from 6th to 14th s...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank bigshow1983
Reviewed October 2, 2012

Staff are great - John, Ali, Shane and another man ...not sure what his name was! They were all very friendly and helpful, they would do anything for you. The food was great, always enjoyed my meal. I had a room on the top floor think it was 504 it was very clean and tidy, the cleaners were very friendly. Overall myself and my boyfriend really enjoyed our stay at the blue palace, would defiantly think about returning next year.
In a great location for the shops, bus stop, supermarket and the beach. Small hotel but homely!

Room Tip: We asked for a top floor room because we didn't want a room that's near the pool because you...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Megan H
Reviewed September 30, 2012

John, Paul, Shane and Ali are the most amazing staff you can find - friendly, helpful, attentive. I could go on. They're such lovely people and do not hassle you into spending money on anything (where as staff at every other bar/restaurant/shop/hotel you so much as walk past will not leave you alone and pressure you into coming in). You will feel at home at Blue Palace straight away. But be warned - John will not hesitate to pour a bucket of ice water over you whilst you are sitting by/in the pool!

The cleaning staff (two women - mother and daughter) are also very lovely. Rooms were cleaned every day. Don't pay attention to the horror stories about Blue Palace unless you have very high expectations. For the price you're paying here, you can't afford to be fussy. Having said that, Blue Palace exceeded my (low) expectations. The rooms are spacious - bedroom (with air con), bathroom (with bath and shower head) and a joint living room and kitchen. The balcony is also very spacious with two plastic chairs and a table. The only down side is that the air con is in the bedroom - but it doesn't take long AT ALL to cool the bedroom down which allows the rest of the hotel room to quickly become cooler too. I would recommend bringing your own hair dryer if drying your hair is important to you (it is to me when I'm getting ready in the evenings!) as the one provided in the bathroom will take absolutely ages to dry your hair properly and you'll want to be in the bedroom nearer the air con when drying your hair!

The food is amazing. We ate lunch at the hotel everyday - the cheeseburgers are DIVINE. You can choose to pay straight away or to keep a tab.

In terms of location, Blue Palace is a 2 minute walk from the high street (clothes/gifts shops galore, plenty of restaurants, a supermarket etc) and a 5-7 minute walk from the sea front where you'll find more restaurants and lots of bars and clubs. Most places completely water down alcoholic drinks and some don't put any alcohol in at all (they won't admit this of course). My boyfriend and I chose to instead drink the local beer, Efes, which is really nice and very cheap (5-9 lira depending where you go). Many restaurants offer a 5 course meal for between 13 and 15 lira (less than a fiver!) which I would really recommend. The 5 courses are a large naan-type bread and mezze to share which can be topped up if needed, soup, a main meal, dessert (which is usually just ice cream) and then tea, coffee or a shot. Drinks are not included in the price. By the way - the tea in Turkey isn't very nice but drinkable.

You can also get a dolmus (bus) from the high street to other areas such as Bar Street or Icmeler (nicer beach) which takes 10minutes tops and is only 1 or 2 lira which is really good! The dolmus will stop wherever you want it to and there also bus stands to wait at.

You can call home from the hotel. It costs about 4/5 lira for a 5 minute conversation or about 12 lira to call mobile phones. I would recommend getting a phone card for about 5 lira which gives you 10 minutes talk time. I topped up £20 on my phone and it was gone after about 2-3 days! The phone card is brilliant.

The hotel pool is quite deep. Well then again I'm only 5ft so I'd say it's about 5"10-6" deep. However there is a little pool next to it for small children or for those of us who can't swim and just want to sit in it to cool down! There's never a shortage of sun beds but the pool side ones get snapped up in the early morning.

Anyway I'll wrap this up. All in all - I couldn't recommend Blue Palace enough. Best hotel EVER!

Room Tip: Try to get a room on the 4th floor! The rooms are a little bit bigger (I had a room on the first flo...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple