“Lovely Hotel”

Blue Bay Platinum Hotel
Ranked #21 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed July 4, 2013

Stayed at the hotel in June 2013. The rooms are lovely, very modern and cleaned daily. The day food at the snack bar is excellent, chicken wrap/kebab, pizza, pasta, chips burgers, and nuggets. Although it is the same every day at the snaclkbar, the food is nice. We never ate in the resturant during the day so cannot comment on the food there. The food in the night was fine, they appear to favour chicken for alot of the main dishes, although there were always veggy options. During the day there is a coffee & cake cafe open that serves lovely cakes. Drinks wise, there are no issues really. The lager albeit watered down but all inclusives are was lovely 'Effes', same with the spirits. There are frozen slushes, own brand baileys, ameretto, gin, wine, whiskey, ready made cocktails and the nomal softdrinks available. Also during the week there were various special drinks available, like homemade lemonade, and cocktails in the night. The same with the food, pancakes filled with chocolate, cream and banana and turkish style filled baguette. The staff were all polite and friendly. The entertainment team during the day were fab, music is played from 10am until lunchtime then from 2pm all afternoon around the main pool with various games to play such as water polo and team games involving surf boards/rubber rings.There is an indoor pool/spa/gym and another outdoor pool with a childrens splash pool/bar, this is for those that don't want the entertainment/music. The entertainment at night however, is not so good. There is a disco for the kids from 9pm which is a bit late in my opinion, basically kids music is played for the kids to dance to and thats it. Then 9.30-10.30 there is show of some kind. To be honest this is the biggest let down of the hotel, if the evenining entertainment was better this would be a fantastic hotel. There is a kids club held twice a day for children from 4years, its run by 2 Scottish girls, it looked lovely.
There is one thing I would warn others about and that is the photographers/deal. They will not sell you one or 2 pictures, they want you to but the package so if you do decide to do the sunset/garden photoshoot bear this in mind.The pictures are bvery nice though. The hotel is located on a very busy road opposite a roundabout, if you cross the road you will see a few bars, the Piccadilly is by far the best. The food is lovely, drinks cheap and it has a childrens area at the back with swings/trikes/slides etc. Must easier to entertain the kids and be able to eat/drink out. Opposite the hotel is Marmaris Water Park so don't be sold this by your rep. You could walk from the hotel there if need be, you can see one of the slides from the relax pool. If you walk along the sea fron which is at the back of the hotel, there are various bars that lead all the way down to the centre of Marmaris ( about 25-30min walk). Along here there are various watersports and a taxi boat to Icmeler, this is a must. Much better than getting the dolmus bus, there is a weekly market in Icmeler and the beach is much better there. All in all a nice hotel and apart from the entertainment shouldn't disappoint.

Room Tip: Room 2031 is huge
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Nicola C

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed at this hotel at the end of May for one night!
The reception is nice and the staff very helful! Our check-in became almost instantly.

We had a deluxe room. It was big, clean, with stylish furnishing. It is quite difficult to find clean hotels in Turkey... but Blue Bay Platinum has very nice, tidy and clean rooms. The mattresses have excellent quality!!!!

The buffet, both of the breakfast and the dinner were huge! Great varieties of food and deserts.

The hotel is quite far from the center of Marmaris, but the bus station is out of the hotel, where you can get on a bus and be in the center in less than 10 minutes.

We would definately recommend this hotel, and it's our first choise at our future visit in Marmaris.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank JohnXos
Reviewed June 26, 2013

This was our 3rdstay at the Blue Bay Platinum and once again we were not disappointed. We stayed from 31/05 - 14/06 and on arrival we were greeted by the reception staff who remembered us from Sept 12. We had requested the same room but unfortunately this was not available. However we were given a room on the same floor and same pool view.

The food is great and there is something to suit everyone. The restaurant staff are also happy and on hand to help you. The bar staff are exceptional and always serve you with a smile. Although I did experience some other guests being rude to the staff which was extremely rude.

The Guest Relations Team - Nicola, Lyndsay & Jane do a wonderful job trying to make sure all guests have a good time and go out of their way to help you with anything that you require assistance with. Keep up the good work girls !!!!

The Kids club caters for 4-12 yr olds unfortunately my daughter was not old enough to join in a lot of the activities but with our supervision she did a few of the tasks. Thanks Danielle & Katie you do an amazing job day in day out with always a friendly smile on your face.
The mini disco at night is great for the kids they get to dance for 30mins to favourite dance songs. Rumssumsum is still my daughter's favourite we practise it every day !!
The animation team run by Crocodile are excellent again they do an amazing job day in and day out every day for 9 months of the season with a friendly smile on their face. Anya, Chico & George try and involve everyone in the daytime & night time activities.
Last but not least - our DJ he played a variety of music for all ages throughout the day and night. A big thank you for including Rumssumssum back into mini club routines.

The only down fall to this holiday was the local hairdresser in the complex - he pestered you every day to get your hair done. I went and got a wash and blow dry a few times as it was convienent but I had to return the next day as my hair had gone flat. He also pesters you for a tip - beware of this.

We will hopefully be back in Sept and if not we will see you all next year.
Thanks Again for helping us have another great holiday.

Room Tip: Try and learn a little Turkish the staff really appreciate it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Josephine21_71
Reviewed June 24, 2013

stayed at blue bay last october for 2weeks fantastic booked again for 2weeks in september cant wait u pay for what u get wouldnt stay anywhere else in marmaris good food good staff what more u want used the pool at side of hotel nice and quiet as a read alot

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank mo9262
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I am not one for spa treatments, but thought while in Turkey lets have a Turkish bath. A friend recommended that I went to see Jay Jay for the full treatment holiday starter pack. On arriving I mentioned my friends name and was instantly treated like an old friend. I had the Turkish bath and bronzing massage with mud face pack.i was so impressed that I returned the next day for a hot stone massage and a medical back massage as recommended by my masseur as he discovered a had an old shoulder problem.(which I no longer have) and on the last day I returned again to have a honey massage and full multi mineral facial I have never felt so relaxed and pampered in all my life So thank you jay jay and team you made my holiday very special. I am also impressed with John-Paul the Thomas cook rep as when I asked about staying at the hotel he took the time to show me around which included one of the available rooms ,restaurant and pool area that on returning home I went straight into my travel agent and booked a weeks holiday in the Blue Bay for September just to have another week of pampering.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank glynsmith96
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed at another hotel with friends and they said to check out the Blue Bay Platium spa for all your essential massages. Now im not the sort or person to do this as when you check in another hotel you would check out their facilities as its part of your holiday experience. The trouble with the other hotel where I stayed there was a pushy spa rep who kept pestering you into buying massages that you didnt want and certainly didnt need expecially after spending money in the spa on day one. My friend Zoe recommended going to the Blue bay Platium as the staff are very nice and friendly, they listen to what sort of mnassages that you want. If you were unsure like i was in the turkish bath Jay Jay the manager would talk you through the process of whats involved. The bath was very different but strange at the same time because you never image people washing you. Its all part of the turkish culture I was told. I had a mediaceted massage with hotstones. When i first had the massage I didnt say I had back problems, but Siri the guy who did my massage could see i had suffered from an old injury and recommend this massage as it will benfit my back and posture. I mean some places say that you need this treatment and make you spend your money. I knew that the spa was full of genuine staff who can understand each person needs. I like the facilites and staff and the hope of me giveing up the chiropractor was so srong I went back three times in the 1 week i stayed in Marmarus. When i had he hot stone treatent at the hotel i stayed in 15minute walk, the treatment was completely different and didnt help by back unlike Blue bay it wored a treat. Thanks Siri, you sorted out my back nicely.

I went to thomas cook for 1 week inclusive to a hotel 15minutes walk away, i managed to have a looka round the facilities at Blue Bay and they are far superior than the rivals where i stayed. The rooms were fresher, cleaner, mostly over looking the pool, John Paul was a good rep for Thomas Cook who let us have a quick look at the blue bays double room. I am thinking about coming to Turkey again and this time booking in to the Blue Pay Platium for an extra £25 the service this hotel provides is outstanding, i couldnt fault the hotel staff, or the spa staff. Normally I dont have many massages and in this week which was 9th - 15th June I had spent about nearly £200 on massages, baths, hotstones treatment, i felt very pampered and would defintely will come back next year. Thanks Jay Jay and Siri and all staff at Blue BAy Platium Marie

Room Tip: I didnt stay in the hotel but when looking around the double room look really excellent and very cos...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Marie19s
Reviewed June 21, 2013

We stayed here for a fortnight at the end of may, the first week was quiet but the second week was busier so if you like a sunbed around the pool you will definatley need to set an alarm as all sun beds have towels on by 9 am. Apart from this the hotel staff were great, the rooms were cleaned every day of our stay! Although we ate out a lot, the food was fine, buffet style lots of salad but always something to suit everyone in our family. Nice walk to the centre of marmaris , and a couple of minutes walk to the beach. Happy holidays :-)

• Stayed: May 2013