“Fantastic hotel and staff”

Hotel Cettia Beach Resort
Ranked #7 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
West Sussex, United Kingdom
“Fantastic hotel and staff”
Reviewed June 4, 2014

We stayed at the Cettia Beach hotel from 13th-23rd may. And had the best holiday we have had in a long time. When we initially got there there had been a mix up with our booking and we had to stay the first night at their sister hotel Grand Cettia, which is a lovely hotel but very family orientated and that was what we didn't want. we wanted a child free holiday. They upgraded our room in both hotels as way of an apology and we ended up with a seaview in the Cettia Beach hotel.

The staff are fantastic and cant do enough for you, the entertainment staff Ozzy and Izzy are great they get you to join into the games but are not pushy. Ozzy loves to give people nicknames, which was very funny and made lots of us gel together. The waiters are all very very polite and very professional, you never had to wait long to get a drink at your table or for your table to be cleared. The only staff that I could criticise were the bar staff they weren't as friendly and chatty as the rest of the staff.

The evening entertainment was always very good and was performed by professional singers, dancers etc.

On the last night of holiday my boyfriend and I got engaged and the hotel staff really made it special by announcing it and showering us in champagne. We also found most of the guest really friendly and have made some great friends.

The food and drinks were all great even the wine was very good quality which is unusual for house wine, so much choice, you certainly never went hungry as there was food available all day. The position of the hotel is very good as it is a lovely walk into the centre of Marmaris but it is also on 2 1/2 TL on the dolmus (bus). It also has a private section of beach and a jetty which were very well serviced by appole or as we all called hi the towel guy. He would bring drinks regularly and was always clearing up the tables.

All in all a fantastic holiday and would highly recommend the hotel to all of my friends, in fact we are looking at booking up for the same time next year.

Room Tip: 3 floor upwards with a seaview
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank WendyTatts

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (344)
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 4, 2014 via mobile

Hi, my boyfriend and I are staying at this hotel for 2 weeks at the end off August, could someone who has stayed here tell me if cocktails are included in the all inclusive package at this hotel and also any recommendations for trips or anything that is close by too this hotel? By the sounds off your reviews and pictures it looks amazing and I can't wait too stay here :)

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
8 Thank Danielle M
Huddersfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 3, 2014 via mobile

Just returned from 2 weeks at cettia beach resort, don't make the mistake of booking grand cettia or other 3 resorts this is directly on the beach . . , can I start by saying whoever had previous problems with this resort must have been on something strong, I have read so many reports one of loads of bees around the bar which nearly put my wife off going , well throughout I saw maybe 3 bees around the soft drink machine, any other bad reviews should honestly be removed from advisor . . . As I put in the hotels questionnaire it should be a 5star not 4 as the standard is sublime, hotel and rooms kept spotlessly clean rooms cleaned every day towels changed . . etc . , . Hotel is situated nicely just away from marmaris there is a causeway which you can walk on to either marmaris or icmeler . Marmaris been a little busier with shops and more boats and icmeler been more chilled and prettiest to walk . . Depending on age obviously!! The hotel rooms are nice modern with a tv though you have to pay for any decent English channels , good views from back street to sea views. There's a mini bar with couple of cans of pop one beer and water which doesn't get replenished !!!!! Which for all inclusive I didn't find acceptable. Also bottles of water at the bar you have to pay for? , ? Why? ? We just did as everyone else did and filled our empty bottles up by the pop machine. . . Little gripes though considering , the staff so o o nice can't do any more to help , a special thanks to gorhan and gorkham not to be confused if you go you'll see the difference!! Outstanding bar and restaurant service. . The jetty bloke can't fault him either always busy keep everyone happy supplied with towels drinks etc. . . . The kitchen boss always keeps coming out to ensure you're having a good meal and the hotel manager does a great job keeps bobbin around making sure things are kept running nice and smooth, entertainment ozzy and Izzy great games during the day if you want to get involved if not no pressure to do so. . Great job and helped along with the nights entertainment aswell, bands singers"belly dancer" etc . . . . Overall me and my wife had a great time start to finish and must thank all the staff greatly for this. Didn't even feel the need to venture out anywhere, would defiantly suggest the walk to icmeler though preferred the chilled out easy walk with no hassles as compared to the walk other way to marmaris .
My only main concern that put me off. Foreign customers!! Me been English have the understanding of the words please and thankyou , manors cost nothing!!!
A Foden . .

Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank afoden1
Teteringen, The Netherlands
Reviewed May 31, 2014

This is a great hotel, fantastic location.
Food great and rooms are also nice.
Good bathroom with rain shower.
Located about a 10 min walk along a great boulevard along the sea front, lots of bars and restaurants,shops and pubs. Something for everybody.
Free sun beds , and great service.
Wine is also wonderful, white Rose and red.
You will not be disappointed here.

Room Tip: If you want a quite room take the side rooms, the room on the road side are a bit noisy at night. Th...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank Jason T
Reviewed May 29, 2014 via mobile

My wife n I stayed here from 5th till the 19th of may and what a little gem this hotel is cannot fault anything from our beautiful sea view room to the wonderful staff perfectly situated on the sea front between marmaris n icemeler met some lovely people n no children a extra bonus thankyou all at the cettia, bar staff, cooks (food very good too)waiters, cleaners,even reception so friendly . want a really good holiday?then this is the holiday for you see you all next year most definitely.carol n john

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Jon496
wakefield
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed with my partner and two friends,7th to 21st may .First impressions were good, a modern looking,clean hotel that even smelled good. The reception staff were professional and the bellboy had our cases to our rooms immediately. Our room was nice but had a lack of drawer space,plenty of room in wardrobes but only 10 hangers for 2 people for 2 weeks(come on cettia a few more hangers please). The bathroom was adequate but the sink surround was so big you were a distance from the mirror and with the lack of light made it difficult to see when shaving but to be fair a magnifying mirror had been fitted to the side which helped. The only other quibble was that when stepping out of the shower you had to be careful as it was quite a step down.
The majority I spoke to agreed that the beds were comfy, I found them on the hard side but theres always one awkward customer isnt there.I still slept anyway. Our friends were dissatisfied with their room as it was small and had only what looked like a single wardrobe which was not big enough for two people for a fortnight. It was also on the roadside of the hotel and was as I later found out to be termed a 'French Room'. I had booked twin side view rooms for both couples and therefor complained. The management was very helpful and moved our friends the next day.
The food was generally very good but dont expect pork,although we did get bacon one morning and quite nice too. Breakfast was usually egg based,omlette,fried,boiled the best being scrambled, beans were on most days. Lunch and dinner were better and, usually had a good choice and the salad variety was excellent. P.S. if you want chips you wont get them in the restraunt but you can get them at the snack bar.
The poolside,beach and jetty areas were good and we never struggled to get a bed even though the hotel was busy.
The first 3 days we had a lot of rain and this showed up a weakness at the hotel.With people being unable to sit outside there was a shortage of comfort seating inside,which would be adequate if the weather was warm and dry. The majority of the entertainment was outside but because it was it was cool to cold on an evening we missed most of it so it would be unfair of me to give comment about the entertainment but i do know that ozzy worked his socks of to involve people and give them a good time.
The staff at this hotel deserve a big 5 stars, Ozzy,Mehmet,Baris,Begum,Themecan and the 17yr
old lad who I called Smiler. I could go on and on they were all excellent. If you do go to the Cettia I say tip these kids well, they deserve every penny you give them.
All in all if you do go to the Cettia you will have a laid back holiday with decent food,excellent staff and a nice,clean modern looking hotel to stay in.

Room Tip: corridors and bedrooms are carpeted so no scraping beds or 'that woman' walking about in hig...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
4 Thank baldeagle65
fmobrien
Reviewed May 28, 2014

Well what can I say - This was our 2nd visit to Cettia Beach. We had a fab time again; the staff are wonderful and very caring. Mehmet is the best bar man in town, we didn’t even have to ask for our drinks they just arrived when we turned up at the Bar. Ozzy & Izzy are just wonderful and make the extra effort with all the entertainment. The hotel is very clean and the rooms are lovely, we had a room on the 6th floor and the views were wonderful. We are planning our trip back for next year already.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple