“Get what you pay for ”

Ranked #90 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
norfolk
“Get what you pay for ”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

8 of us stayed at this hotel from 15 october to 22 october the hotel was clean and food was acceptable drinks were poor and getting served by other holiday makers teenage daughters is not acceptable when you have to explain how to make a shandy.when we checked in late at night my daughter and her partner had no electric in their room so they were moved but the next room had no electric either eventully an electrician fixed the problem there was one of the barstaff who seemed to want to push people in the pool but when it was done to him he got aggresive perhaps this should be looked at in future. On the plus side the lads who waited tables and the cleaners were superb also a big thankyou to simon who sorted out the tv so we could watch the football also a mention to yilthrey the excursion rep thanks to oxford eccursions great lazy days boat trip well worth the money overall the holiday was good maybe ee will come back sometime

Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank us2fromdiss
ibrahim s, General Manager at Club Dorado Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear us2fromdiss
Thanks for your review. We are pleased to know that you found the hotel clean and that the selection of food available was good for your party. Sorry about the electric problems in the room, that happens sometimes but we are glad the issue was sorted for you and you were able to enjoy all of the facilities you paid for. We will look into and review the rules for horseplay regarding our staff as others have raised some issues. We are happy you appreciated the cleaners and the waiting staff plus those others who tried to make your holiday good with small things like TV channels. Your last comment was nice. We would love to see you again, please come and visit and feel free to discuss any issues you have with the general manger (family owner) who will do anything within reason to make your stay great.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Surrey
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013

Where do I start?

Should probably start with good points.

SIMON - amazing Bar Manager! There was 4 of us and arrived very late at 2am, he gave us a drink on all inclusive ( even though it was way after ) which we appreciated, as we have paid for all inclusive for the whole day - yet lost it!

Met some amazing people at the hotel.

Chocolate cake is good.

Our team rep was a babe - and I mean it. He was the loveliest guy you will ever meet! He has helped us out so much, when my boyfriend had an accident on quad bikes and ended up in hospital. THANK YOU.

Bad points:

Well.. lets put it this way, I have stayed at 3* hotels before, and work in the trade before but this hotel is a JOKE. We came here just to relax, have a good time and celebrate my 21st birthday.. well.. wish we went elsewhere, yet we made friends for life in there and enjoyed our time outside of the hotel.

All inclusive - be careful what you say by advertising 'all inclusive' as at the moment is it a FALSE ADVERTISEMENT. Gin, vodka, wine, gone off beer and cheap want to be lemonade, diet coke and coke. Are you kidding me? I understand this is only a 3 star hotel, but I have stayed at one before in Turkey where more drinks were included and bar staff actually cared about customer service!

Bar staff - ( apart from Simon - he is a lovely guy! ) well.. if you like people calling you a 'ladyboy' or a 'boy' if you are a girl and vice versa then perfect hotel for you! Half of the time there would be 2 or 3 members of staff on the bar speaking Turkish and not being in a hurry to serve people. One of them had a girlfriend ( that came on holiday and met him there - girl around 14years old - English ) so her and her friend were behind the bar most of the nights serving drinks.. ARE YOU SERIOUS?
Got a pint glass from Simon one day and went to get a pint of beer, as they give you tiny little PLASTIC cups.. the barman confronted me and said ' you dont know who I am, I am the General Managers Cousin, I don't care Simon gave you the glass, tell him to [--] himself' very nice and polite!

Food - awful! I only ate rice and gravy, then they've changed gravy for curry etc, so decided to eat plain gravy.

Pool - well.. slippery at night or during the day, I fell over 4 times myself and hurt my back. There was no 'wet floor' signs or anything. When confronted one of the bar staff he laughed in my face. LOVELY! People leave their towels at 8am and aren't actually there until around 10am, yet there is no more spaces if other people want to sunbathe. + the sun goes down at 2pm anyway.. One of the bar tenders thought it would be funny to throw an ice cube into the pool and it hit one of the kids on their head - very nice guys! Customer care hey? TIP: GO TO THE BEACH.

Room - well.. let's put it this way.. They never swept our room, swept the bathroom every 2 days, had dirty towels ( and yes DIRTY! they were still wet from when we had a shower in the morning when we got back in the evening, so don't try and tell me that you've changed them, as you haven't! ) Asked on our arrival for a shower curtain, as there wasn't one, still haven't received one on our departure ( a week later ). As you can imagine it was hard enough for my boyfriend to walk around with his cast on his leg, let alone walk on the 'river' in the bathroom after both of us having a shower. The balcony door was broken - couldn't even close it all week! And very annoying dog opposite our room, that barked all night.

No entertainment.. well hang on.. we had a belly dancer.. you would expect it to be a woman.. but it was a man dressed up as a woman.. pretty grim!

I understand it was the end of the season, but this hotel needs to train their staff and pay more attention to their customers, as they are the ones that pay their wages!

I could go on for ages about bad points about this hotel, but it's pointless, as they won't take this on board. I won't be returning.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Karolina B
ibrahim s, Public Relations Manager at Club Dorado Hotel, responded to this review, December 5, 2013
Dear Karolina B
Great to hear that our staff went out of their way to make your arrival comfortable. Our bookings are exactly the same as all other hotels and daily occupancy starts at 2PM regardless of when a guest arrives. Tour operators often don’t clearly inform customers that their room and hotel facilities commence at that time but in your case it seems we went the extra mile to make things nice but perhaps our efforts were not appreciated. Good to know you found it easy to make new friends at the hotel, most folks do and it’s often been said that our layout and size make the place great for establishing contact with others. We are not sure about the pint glass incident as it was not reported to management as an issue. We would have been pleased had it been then we could have investigated the complaint at the time. We consider the use of glass around the pool area dangerous and tour operator’s health and safety requirements mean we have to provide plastic drinking glasses. Our food is varied and we offer everything from hot mains to fresh fruits and a huge selection of salads. Food tastes vary and opinion is subjective, many customers return year after year because they like the standard we offer and we are disappointed you did not feel there was anything other than gravy that suited you. Our pool area has been tiled with non-slip tiles and meets all of the safety requirements of very large scale tour operators including Thomas Cook. It is maintained carefully along with the quality of the pool and there are many tent type notices placed around the pool advising guests that there is still a danger of slippage. We do everything possible to ensure our pool area is safe and it is inspected without notice several times a season by all of the tour companies we deal with. None have raised concerns with our standards. What about the shower in the room? If it was not up to the required standard then we could have provided another room. Not sure what you expect the hotel to do about dogs that are not theirs! As for entertainment, the end of the season is always quite difficult as we have stated many times before on this website. We are very happy with the reviews we have had for our male belly dancer and we will continue to book him as he seems to be able to entertain lots of our guests every year. We hope you come back to Turkey and find somewhere that you find more enjoyable.

Travelers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

Birmingham, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2013

we have just come back from club dorado marmaris and all I can say is for the price you pay, its worth the money. The hotel is spotless, the rooms are cleaned everyday and fresh towels are left. The staff are brilliant and couldn't do enough for you, they also have banter with one another and address people by sir or madam as they are so polite.
I don't understand how people can complain about the hotel as they are getting what they pay for, if you want luxury then stay in a 5 star, but no doubt people would find something to complain about anyway.
Food was good, breakfast was same as what you would get anywhere else when your abroad just basic boiled eggs toast cereal etc...lunch and tes times were great. a good choice of food and puddings absolutely brilliant.

overall I would definatley recommend this hotel as they are friendly,clean and full of fun. It caters for all types of people.i would definatler return to this hotel again. Cant complain at all :)

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank KevAndem2013
ibrahim s, Owner at Club Dorado Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear KevAndem2013
Thanks for your short review. We are delighted that you felt you got good value for money in a clean well maintained environment. We are pleased you found the staff helpful and friendly and that you enjoyed the selection of food provided. You are 100% right when you mentioned 5 star properties and the price we have to work to! Great to learn that you would return again in the future. We hope you do and wish you all the best.
Regards from the Dorado team.
Tipton, England, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2013

Just returned from a week at this hotel on an all inclusive basis as a family.
Good points first :)
Small hotel so easy to get to know other guests
Very clean, our beds were made everyday and towels changed.
The staff that we interacted with were friendly and helpful.
Ahmed one of our waiters was very sweet and always has a smile.
Dolmus runs every 10mins outside hotel to Marmaris centre.
Bad points
Food boring and a bit repetitive but in fairness always plenty of it.
All inclusive choice of drinks very limited I couldn't even get Raki after first night because we went last week on season and boss wouldn't buy any more. No ice creams included for kids, these cost extra.
No entertainment just too loud music but this does go off at 12 midnight as the hotel is situated in a residential area.
I know it was end of season but to be honest I wouldn't stay again.

Room Tip: we stayed in 409 we had a lovely view of the sea and the hills
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Dee G
ibrahim s, Guest Relations Manager at Club Dorado Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear Dee G
Thanks for your short review about your stay in October. Thanks for your positive and negative points. We always like to hear balanced opinions. At the end of the season it’s always difficult to get live entertainment due to study commitments of the performers that provide shows in the summer. According to Turkish laws music needs to stop at 12 midnight in all hotels so that is nothing we can control. In Turkey not even 5 star hotels offer ice cream on demand. We can’t afford to do so as a three star but we think our ice cream prices compare favourably with the local supermarkets. Glad you had a room with a great view of the bay and that you found our location, cleanliness and friendliness good points.
Kind regards from the team at Club Dorado.
Essex
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

We where two 21 year old girls staying in turkey together for the first time. I had read the reviews before we went and could see the normal boring people moaning about food and a drink. We paid £98 each for a week all inclusive in this hotel. We spend more on alcohol each on one night out in London. We arrived at 11pm and simon bar staff came over and told us where the reception was (the front of the hotel on the road is actually the side of the hotel so make sure when getting picked up for excursions you wait by the real front of the hotel ) We had 3 beds in our room was all clean. We got cold at night and found extra pillows and blankets in the draws. Tv has English channels. Towels where changed everyday and we did use our towels outside of the hotel but cos we never got them dirty we where never charged extra. Food wise I am not fussy but my friend is very fussy, she doesn't eat any kind of veg making her choice of food limited. For a normal person I don't see how you can not like the food. Examples are chili, shepards pie, chicken curry, stews, chips, veg chicken pieces burgers. Normal food really :/ most mornings the only complain I had was breakfast. Toast and portage and boiled eggs. If your lucky some beans. Coffee is strong but can buy good coffee from the shop for £7 which is 2.50. Pool area is rubbish for sun in October. Goes behind the hotel and it's gone. Staff can be flirty but they are mild to what we experienced on excursions. We paid the £15 for a safe and to be fair prob didn't even need one. We kept leaving the key in the lock by accident and nothing went missing, we kept our passports money credit cards iPad kindle phones in there. Left money on the side and nothing was taken. As soon as we arrived the rep was on us selling excursions. I suggest you do what I do and find the excursions you want to do online for very cheap and he will Mach the price. We did all inclusive boat trip, jeep safari, turtle trip, water park, diving for £54 each ... X

We have 2 complaints about the hotel that they don't like you to buy your own alcohol and drink it in the hotel. I've never had a problem on holiday with doing this in any other hotel. When we tried to it was still all inclusive drink hours. At first we wanted to have our friends pre drink with us and get ready to go out with in our room but they where not allowed up. Only because they where men. The staff said if they where female then yes but because they are guys no. I reckon if we where older we would not have had this problem. The bar staff getting jealous is not professional. I know they have sex with a lot of the younger girls (so watch your 17 year olds) it put a downer on our night as we had to wait for each other to get ready separately.

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank devonstar12
ibrahim s, General Manager at Club Dorado Hotel, responded to this review, November 6, 2013
Dear devonstar12
We are pleased to read the comments of people who have made lots of contributions on Trip Advisor. Good to learn your arrival was courteous and efficient and that you found your room up to standard. Thanks for your detailed description of the food offered, we are pleased you found something to tempt you at meal times. We think our hotel is a safe place but we do advise guests with valuables to consider the extra security of the room safe for peace of mind. Well done booking the trips, you got a bargain with that range for the price you paid! The issue with guests is common in all Turkish hotels. In Turkey unlike the UK it is expected that non-resident guests who make use of the hotel and room facilities pay a fee for doing so. Lots of guests enjoy drinks in their rooms, many from duty free purchases but we discourage quantities of alcohol being brought into the hotel for consumption by non-residents and by guests using it as an alternative to paying our reasonable prices at our pool bar. We try to be as fair as possible and allow guests as much freedom as possible but you can appreciate that some take liberties and that results in disturbance for others. Outwith the room visit issue it sounds like you had a good time with us and thank you for the four stars out of five you have awarded us in your review. We hope you enjoy many more happy holidays.
Kind regards from all at Club Dorado.
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

I visited club dorado three times this year!!
I cannot see what the fuss is about, really really annoys me people who slate this hotel just because it isn't a 5*. If you want 5* treatment don't go for a budget holiday, you get what you pay for. The staff are lovely and very welcoming. Food is absolutely fine, rooms are livable and fine too. Yes the pool doesn't get sunlight much BUT the beach is literally five minutes walk down the road to the right is a beach where you get no hassle and don't have to buy a drink to use the sunbeds, OR you could go and turn left and pay for a drink to use the sunbed all day. I cannot fault this hotel what so ever i will defiantly return to this hotel when ever i come to marmaris!! I enjoyed it that much that i am hopefully working their next year for the season April - November so if you return you will see my smiley self :) Please don't let the bad reviews put you off!!!!! :)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 Thank claire w
Dear claire w
Thanks for your review and the kind comments about the hotel. You make a fair point about the rating and we will continue to strive to offer a value for money proposition to those whose budget does not stretch to afford 4 or 5 star luxury. Glad you enjoyed the food and found the location good for beach access. We hope to see you again in 2014.

Kind regards from the staff and management at Club Dorado.
Bridlington, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

ok its not the best but its not the worst iv stayed at the food is better than some we stayed at before with a good choice 7 year old granddaughter always found some thing she liked as did 16 year old the pool is cold as you have to chase the sun all day to get a tan the noise of some guests does need to be looked at as its not fair on others the main bar only opens at night so walking to get a drink is a drag so is the plastic glasses all in all not bad for the price you pay so don't be to to put off at other reviews its a clean tidy place

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear paul g
Firstly we would like to thank-you for your review heading, ‘value for money’, that is our mission statement! We are pleased to note you have reviewed lots of hotels and that you found ours to offer food that was enjoyed by your grandchildren. Nice to know that you found the hotel clean and tidy. Sorry about the plastic glasses but they are required for safety around the pool area. We have tried various designs this year and the ones we use seem to be the most suitable for dishwasher use. Thanks for mentioning the noise issue, hopefully future guests will read your comment and pay more respect to the needs of their fellow guests. We will ensure our welcome pack makes mention of this. Thanks for taking the time to write your review.
Best wishes from all at Club Dorado.