“Lovely ★”

Amphi Apartments & Studios
Ranked #21 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“Lovely ★”
Reviewed August 29, 2014 via mobile

My 2nd visit to marmaris stayed in the amphi it really is a lovely hotel lovely staff nice food good clean rooms stunning bathroom.

Music on through the day till midnight. Good price drinks n food

Bar boys are lovely hassle free, little Genri is super sweet brilliant with my boys.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to friends and family

but I don't think I would stay again only because it's such a chilled out hotel and I come with two busy boys lol who get bored.

the only thing I was disappointed in was there was no Turkish night or no entertainment in the evenings.

About a 15 min walk to the beach located in a quite spot.

If I didn't av kids id stay in this hotel its perfect for couples.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Glastonbury, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Staff were nice and friendly the food was reusable priced and arrived at the table quickly. apartments were cleaned every second day. only down side is it said it was a 5 minute walk to the beach its not took us 30 minutes.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank C B
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 28, 2014

Arrived 11.15 at night met by Wolfe (night porter) .He was very friendly dealt with us quickly as we were very tired. There was 2 of us and we had booked late but we're very surprised as we got a 1 bedroom apartments which was very spacious and had all a amenities needed for self-catering. Apartments were kept spotless and bathrooms have all been refurbished, amazing shower!!! Air-con available at a price but we never take it and as we were on 3 rd floor overlooking pool area,we only had to open the balcony door and window in bedroom to get a nice breeze coming in. All of the staff are very friendly without being pushy.. We been in marmais the last 5 years at different apts and these have been the best that we have stayed at. Very nice pool area only comment here would be beds are a wee bit close together. Good location 10-15 minute walk takes you down to the front and beach. Music at apts stops just after midnight no matter what, didn't start up during the day till 11 so you can have a lie in if that's what you do. Really had a lovely time and would divinely go back to these apartments.

Room Tip: Rooms at front of hotel overlook tree lined street. Rooms at back where pool is are best.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Linda H
Reviewed August 27, 2014 via mobile

After reading mixed reviews about these apartments my partner and I were concerned about what we would find when we arrived at Amphi.

From what we observed a lot of returning customers were present at the apartments when we arrived which was positive.

Our one bed studio was located on the 4th floor. With a pointed roof it was narrow and difficult to get around some of the room without banging your head. My partner is 6 foot 4, so it wasn't very practical.

The air con was 50 euros for one week which was rather expensive as it wasn't strong enough to get round all of the small studio.

We had to sleep in the living area on a sofa as it was so warm in the bedroom. As the electricity only works when you have your keyring in the slot at the door you cannot leave the air con on if you are out of the room, we found this a hassle as temperatures rose to 51 when we were there.

There were holes in the base sheets for the bed, towels were changed every other day.

Rooms we basic and lightly cleaned daily.

Half a roll of toilet paper was supplied to us after it ran out we had to buy our own, I've never seen this before.

Pool area was small, and Sunbeds were tight together. However, was clean.

Staff (bar and reception) were friendly, night porter gave us great advice on a Turkish restaurant.

Bathroom was lovely newly decorated.

One cleaner made a lovely effort with our towels on one occasion.

Location wise apartments were a short walk from the beach and many restaurants ... We ate out of the apartments every night as there was a wide rage of food on offer.

Marina was a short drive away in a taxi bus, these are 2.50 lira. Great array of restaurants bars and shops.

Over all apartments were very basic, however location to beach shops and restaurants was great.

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Catherine C
Reviewed August 24, 2014 via mobile

So I have seen a lot of negative reports on this on the run up to my holiday which made me very nervous to what I was coming too I didn't expect too much for what I paid for the holiday.

My experience of amphi I was very impressed and very comfortable our maid was in Every day the rooms were kept spotless we had no problems of cockroaches what so ever I never even seen one in my whole 2 weeks the bathrooms are modern and small but hey what exactly do you need to do in there it was perfect for me and my step daughter. The pool area was clean and easy to get a sun lounger very quiet throughout the day which I loved we could eat at the bar or head out down the street you are walking distance to restaurants and bars,

The sewerage smell that people talk about is not in the hotel all day it's when you walk out you get a quick smell but I have been to a lot of places and this is in Every country so don't be put off by that.

Taxis are 10 Lyra to the main beach front this works out just over £3 with a family not very much or you can walk in 15mins.

The rate for sterling is much better out there so take you english notes and especially for shopping you will get a better deal.

There are a lot of resturant near by as well we ate out the whole holiday so cheap. If you are booking trips book them outside of the hotel as well it is Cheaper.

My over all experience of turkey has been fab I would def go back this was my first time the people are very pleasant and hard working.

Melanie Lowry Belfast

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Mel L
westbromwich
Reviewed August 24, 2014

Just got back yesterday from the Amphi Had a great 2 weeks there The bar staff cengo husso aslan bless where great as usual the owners good as usual very friendly rooms very clean towels sheets changed regularily Id recommend it great place to stop hope to be back next year we see a lot of people who stay there every year not to forget night porter nice man always smiling

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank chris s
Cleethorpes, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 23, 2014

Stayed here 15 ty to 29 ty july all i can say is the place is brilliant. From zehra the owner who is there all day with her daughter in law dudu to Wolfy the night porter all great. The bar staff Cengo Huso Kenri Aslan where always there to bring your meals or get you a drink. Rooms where cleaned every day and bedding and towels changed every other day. Zera personally ran and got a present for my wife a beautifull table cloth. Cant wait to go back next year. Food was excelent better than all the restaurants about

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family