“A Wonderful Week on the Celebration.”
Review of Marmaris Marina

Marmaris Marina
Book In Advance
More Info
$587.74*
and up
Private Dalyan Iztuzu River Boat Caunos Tour with...
Ranked #6 of 76 things to do in Marmaris
More attraction details
Owner description: This beautiful marina is home to many yachts as well as restaurants, bars, a shopping complex and swimming pool.
Reviewed October 28, 2013

My wife and I have just returned from a week on the Thomson Celebration – taking the “Ancient Wonders” cruise followed by a week at the Marmaris Imperial hotel and I have reviewed this part of our holiday separately.
Apart from a very early morning flight everything regarding our check in on the ship went without any problem. Our cabin – 489 – was small but more than adequate plenty of cupboard space the shower worked very well and the cabin was very clean thanks to Ver our Steward.
The food on board was excellent and breakfast was a real treat. We paid extra for the drinks package which at the time of booking I thought was expensive. However with a glass of wine at £3.90 and a Gin and Tonic at £4.10 in the final analysis the drinks package worked out in our favour. The drinks were all top quality, Bombay Sapphire Gin and proper cocktails none of that pre-mixed rubbish – I must get the recipe for a Long Island Iced Tea.
After having our first dinner in the Lido self-service restaurant which was very good we had the remainder of our dinners in the Meridian which was waiter service. The food was excellent and the waiters were very attentive thanks to Frank our waiter and Lito who kept us supplied with wine.
We took a couple of pre-booked trips – Istanbul and Mykonos – both enjoyable. For the remainder of the stops we either just walked around the port or stayed on board enjoying the sun. We especially liked our time strolling around Mytilene and Kusadasi
I can’t find anything negative to say about the Thomson Celebration the evening entertainment was very enjoyable. Leaving the ship for our week in Marmaris was very well organised we simply left our cases outside our cabin the night before we left and then next morning enjoyed our breakfast left the ship and retrieved our luggage from the quay in Marmaris ready for our ten minute transfer to the hotel.
The final question I always ask myself, at the end of a holiday, is would I do it again? And in respect to the Thomson Celebration the response is a resounding yes.

2  Thank bazdurrent
Write a ReviewReviews (3,556)
All reviews
in 260 reviews
"bazaar"
in 169 reviews

Reviewed October 28, 2013

in my opnion its ok for a walk if you can handle getting asked into every bar x its not a proper beach either x the sand is not very nice and if you want a sunbed you have to buy a drink. they do good water sports x great for photos of the sea and boats x at night the bars get busy nd its usually bogof x

Reviewed October 28, 2013

great for a lovely walk , then on into the bazaars lot of fun shopping ,haggling and getting lots of bargains

Reviewed October 27, 2013

brilliant, I was very impressed with Turkey and all the people and would definitely return next year.