“Look no further” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of D-Resort Grand Azur

Ranked #11 of 233 Hotels in Marmaris
“Look no further”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013 via mobile

Found this Hotel through Tripadvisor, it appeared to have the best reviews for any Hotel in Marmaris.
Rooms. We stayed in a suite on the 5th Floor with a sea view. The room was perfect jacuzzi overlooking the sea and islands beyond. The views are amazing.
Food, if you are looking for fish and chips and English breakfast this is probably not your cup of tea, however if your like us and enjoy a varied taste in continental foods then this will be perfect.
Facilities, the spa is amazing and even though the temperatures were in the 30 s even in October I preferred the excellent indoor swimming pool.
The Turkish bath and spa treatments have been the icing on the cake.
Staff, all without exception have been attentive, polite and everything you would expect of a 5 star hotel.
This hotel is in a relatively busy resort but with the facilities, service and views there is really no need to venture beyond.
There are a number of poor reviews for this hotel, I can only assume that the people giving the reviews were in the side or rear of the Hotel. If you can book a sea view, you will not regret it.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Zeynep T, Guest Relations Manager at D-Resort Grand Azur, responded to this review, March 26, 2015
Dear Valued Guest;

First of all I would like to thank you for having chosen the D-Resort Grand Azur for your stay in Marmaris.
Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel, I am very pleased to hear that all our services were to your satisfaction, and please be assured that your positive comments have already been shared with all team members.
I look forward to welcome you back in not a too distant future to the D-Resort Grand Azur.

D-Resort Grand Azur

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
York, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

Our last visit to this really good hotel was 5 years ago and since then there has been significant refurbishment making it an even better opportunity for a good deal. Our room was standard but nevertheless spacious enough for us. The bed is huge – at least 8 ft wide – and we could have fitted a few more between the Memsahib and me! The bathroom was very well appointed and immaculately clean with an amazing rainforest shower big enough not to require a swing or sliding door. There has been some discussion in reviews regarding sea view rooms and no doubt they are better as you can sit on the balcony and look at the see during daylight. We spend little daylight hours in the room so are not bothered about the view and happily took a side view. It was fine and contrary to other reports not noisy at all (The Memsahib’s snoring aside!). Linen was changed 3 times in our 7 day visit and there is a shed load of soapy gizzits and stuff.

Food is exceptionally good throughout. Breakfast is the widest choice you can imagine – everything you can think of including a huge fresh bead range and individually cooked omelettes, eggs and pancakes. Dinner was similar such a good choice and Chinese and Turkish pizza corners to boot. Minute steaks, chicken and other meats (inc liver!) on offer. Perhaps the main dinner item choices were not as wide as 5 years ago but still something for every taste. One nice touch was that we arrived in the evening after dinner was finished but they had factored us in and served us a cold meat platter and salad etc (beer) in the restaurant after we had dropped our bags. A nice thought as many a hotel would keep the missed meal profit and slap their pocket!
The roof steak restaurant is optional and not included in deals but it is very worth forking out for. All steaks (Tbone, fillet, New York, Porterhouse and much more are 55TL and that includes 2 types of potatoes and a big selection of veg. The drinks are the same price as per the rest of the hotel. The Memsahib and I had a brilliant evening there entertained by a very good singer/guitar duo. Go do it!

The hotel in general is in excellent repair and décor, the staff were always helpful and polite and everything worked! The evening dinner entertainment is a bit sedate but that suited us and if needed the beach bar/bistro is a bit livelier. The hotel is well situated turn left along the sea front walkway for Marmaris and turn right along the walkway for Icmeler. The clientele is European and Turkish with few youngsters (in early Oct) and no rowdiness at all!

We had a great week in a great hotel and unreservedly recommend it to all.

Happy Hols. Paymonger.

Room Tip: See review
1 Thank paymonger

Glasgow, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

Arrived at hotel at night as the guys at reception didn't seem very welcoming. Hotel in general is very nice and clean. It was filled with a much older crowd at this moment in time. Tennis courts are in good condition and table tennis is free to use. The food was good and there is a huge selection to chose from. Avoid land view and side view rooms unless you like noise at night, you can't go wrong with a sea view room. The spa is lovely and Serkan the Spa manager made us feel welcome and looked after us. A drawback was not many staff spoke fluent English.

Room Tip: Only go for a sea view or you will regret not!
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time out to post a review about our hotel, I am very pleased to hear that our services were to your satisfaction, and please be assured that all your comments have already been shared with all team members.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2013

We have just returned back from the Grand Azur in Marmaris, I felt I just had to write a review about it !
We went with our daughter and in laws and all 5 of us had a fantastic time.
The food is amazing breakfast had so much variety even fresh honey on the honeycombe which ive never had in a hotel. The evening meal as well was so very good I can honestly say we didn't find anything at all to complain about.
The staff we excellent, from the waiters to the hotel reception they could nt help enough, Hicmet was our waiter a lot of the time and was great, He was polite and funny and always there when we wanted something, as were most of the other staff.
We were always greeted with a smile from Umet the animation guy even tho he struggled to get anyone to play games as there were soooooo many OLD people when we went.
Don't be put off this is a family hotel with a wonderful pool slide and lazy river, great gym and indoor pool for those wanting to keep fit while away and after eating all the wonderful food.
We travel a lot and to very nice hotels this is a good Turkish 5* hotel id say the best in marmaris.
The only thing I would criticize was the beach, Some of the bars cleared the stones away The Azurs was natural and had small stones on the beach and leading into the sea,
Hope this review helps and if your considering booking then do you will love it !!!!

Room Tip: Sea views are better but all the rooms are good
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank lnbrn

manchester
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2013

I would rate this excellent hotel at least 7 stars.
From the general manager to the gardeners and all the staff in between are top class and all
went out of their way to make my stay wonderful.I am a returning guest of many visits to the
hotel and after returning last evening (7th October) I am already looking to book and return
next May but this time I am going to stay for 3 weeks.The only complaint I have is that the
selection of well cooked and displayed food is unbelievable,hence I go up a dress size.
Everything in this hotel is excellent .

Room Tip: The view from a sea view room is wonderful and I highly recommend .
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed here for 10 nights at the end of September. We were just after a relaxing holiday on which we didn't have to do much, to provide a good break from work. D-Resort Grand Azur was the perfect place for this - so much so that we barely left the hotel the whole time. We arrived late at night and there was a plate of food each waiting for us in the restaurant even though it was closed - this was a nice surprise that we weren't expecting and were very grateful for.

The best bits of the hotel for us were:
- The friendly staff
- Both the indoor and outdoor pools - the indoor pool was excellent for doing some proper swimming and the outdoor pool was lovely for lazing around in
- The evening entertainment at the poolside bar is definitely worth going to - on various evenings there were different shows including a Turkish night, a barman show, a snake show and a variety of dancing. This was a great way to spend the evening - the shows started at 10pm meaning you could enjoy your food in the restaurant and have a few drinks before settling down to some great entertainment. The shows are great fun and there is even some audience participation!
- The steak bar on the fifth floor - we went half board and although the steak bar is not included in the price it is well worth a visit (or two!) - the views over the bay are lovely and the food is just amazingly delicious. The steak was perfectly cooked, the side dishes were amazing and the staff were extremely friendly. The live music in the bar was also great.
- The food in the rest of the hotel was also very good - there was a large choice for both breakfast and dinner and the breakfast was so good that we didn't need to eat anything else until the evening. The huge selection of freshly-baked bread went down a treat!

A special mention must go to Ümit and Noyan in the entertainment team - they really did make our stay especially great! The team organised daily activities of darts and table tennis, amongst others. We would very much recommend taking part in these activities as they are great fun, enable you to meet other people staying in the hotel and there are even free cocktails up for grabs! You don't have to be good to take part, just up for a bit of fun. We won six free cocktails between us during our stay and considering cocktails cost around 25-30TL this saved us a lot of money! After just the first day Ümit and Noyan knew our names and said hello to us whenever we saw them around the hotel. They made us feel very welcome and valued as guests.

All in all I would say to stay at this hotel for a break away from it all - I have to admit we did not really venture away from the hotel but it was perfect for us.

Thank you to all at Grand Azur for a great stay (especially Ümit and Noyan)! :)

1 Thank Kate S

BLACKBURN.LANCS
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

have just returned from our 12th visit to this hotel we were there in June also. nothing is too much trouble for the staff, from the receptionists to the cleaning staff . one of the waitresses in the restaurant even remembers our first names.everything is first class especially since the refurbishment over the winter.we will be returning next June.

Room Tip: we always have a sea view room on the 4th floor. the higher floor the better as you get a good sea v...
4 Thank MARIAN P