“Disappointed”

Casa De Maris Spa & Resort Hotel
Ranked #6 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Stayed at casa de Maris for the same 2 weeks last year could not fault the hotel last year. However this year is a very different story.

On arrival the bellboy took us to our room. We was given two single beds. Which was not what I had paid for. I had booked a double room with limited sea view. I went to reception to complain. He tried to tell me that I had booked two single beds which I had not. He offered me a double room facing the road. I yet again reminded him I had paid for a limited sea view room. And advised him I stayed here last year and did not have this poor service. In the end he gave me the room I had paid for.

Staff: The staff this year was very rude last year they could not do enough for you. If your German the staff will do anything for you. The bar staff was the worst very very rude. The blonde lady in the restaurant was lovely best staff member they have!

You had to get up very early if you wanted a sunbed.

Breakfast and lunch is amazing however they clear up far too early, breakfast the staff clear up at 10 when it does not finish until 10.30. The dinner is not fantastic but still nice.

On my last day the maid had not cleaned my room. I went to reception to inform them the man told me that a maid would clean my room so I went for a walk into the next town which took an hour and a half we returned to find our room still not cleaned. Went to reception to tell the man he told me a maid would be up quite rudely. After a further twenty minutes I returned to reception and told him not to bother with the maid as this was my last day and I needed to pack and shower for dinner as it was now 19:00.

As much as it looks like I'm moaning I had a lovely holiday I will not be returning to casa de Maris but marmaris is a beautiful place.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Alanya L
There are newer reviews for Casa De Maris Spa & Resort Hotel

Reviewed October 10, 2013

Great Holiday was with Thomson and it was 1st class Boutique Hotel, beautiful, spotless and enough food to feed an army with a great choice every day. Our holiday was all inclusive. Rooms were spotless, very spacious, with mini bar with free still water, flat screen and huge comfortable bed with a balcony and sea view to die for!
Staff were wonderful and cared for all our needs even on the small rocky beach there was waiter service with drinks served up every hour and he would also cook freshly made delicious burgers and chips and bring it to your sun lounger!! Very spoiled!
Evening entertainment was hit and miss unfortunately they did not advertise the evening events very well so you needed to ask what was on but it was 'ok'
Pool area had a sunken section with sun loungers which was very nice to keep cool.
Our room was on the top floor 1539 so nice and quiet overlooking the pool. Only thing I wished for was more light around the mirror and by the wardrobe as it was difficult to see, also there was no dressing table and chair only a huge recliner and footstool, other than that it was great with very friendly staff.
The Spa was also superb and would definitely recommend it. Time from the airport was a bit long winded but we relaxed and enjoyed the scenery. Recommend going to Turtle Beach and the Tombs which were amazing plus lots of other excursions available.

Room Tip: Top floor room 1539 perfect in the corner looking at the hotel on the left side, nice balcony and gr...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 10, 2013

We stayed at the casa del maris in the middle of September, we cannot fault the hotel at all.
We arrived at 4am and reception ensured we did not have to hang around too long, as we were shown to our room within about 10 mins of arrival and what a room, very spacious and clean, air con keeping the room cool.

All the meals we had were excellent, lots of choice and everything was kept topped up and sides were always being wiped clean.

The staff were all very attentive and nothing was too much trouble.

The pool area again was always clean, with the animation team offering activities if you wanted to partake but it was never being forced on you if you didn't want to do anything it was not a problem.

We would definitely go back to this hotel, a very enjoyable holiday, shame we had to come home.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Sparky6137
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 weeks from 22 September with my boyfriend.

Rooms we found to be spacious and modern. Loved the shower and the layout of the separate shower/sink/toilet. Rooms cleaned every day. Lighting wasn't great for the likes of us girls trying to do your make up and hair. I did find it strange that mini bar was not fully included as it is an all inclusive hotel. Safe was available but at an extra charge.

Resturant always had a massive choice of food. Turkish Tuesdays and Gala nights we felt were the best. Only struggled at lunch time but that is just a personal preference. In comparison to other "5 star" hotels we have stayed at the food here we found to be superior.

Entertainment team were great, not pushy. Get involved if you want or not - no problem. They always made an effort and there was something on every night apart from Sunday. I overhead some guests saying some very nasty things about the entertainment guys!! If your looking to be "entertained" day and night go on a cruise don't stay at a hotel.

Staff in general were very nice and clearly hard working.

Sunbed situation per all previous reviews really have nothing more to add on that. Pool was a bit cold but refreshing!

The all inclusive cocktails I didn't like and the additional charge cocktails were expensive in comparison to bars a short walk from the hotel. Expected more from an all inclusive 5 star hotel with regards to the drinks included.

Would recommend for relaxing couple or friends holidays. We had a fab holiday!

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank K-Edin88
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I was totally surprised at how great this standard was in comparison to it's price. The thing that we most loved, was the staffs approach, the room was out of this world.. I have travelled all over the world, and though I'd seen the best coastline... I was wrong.. I am booking again for May, and I don't do second visits... perfect

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank llcoolkay
Reviewed October 6, 2013

My husband and i spent 1week at casa de Maris at the end of sept. This was our 2nd time in marmaris this year having enjoyed A great week in June at a different hotel.
The hotel absolutely looks the part and cannot be faulted. The design of the hotel is great, fabulous rooms, extremely clean and overall very stylish.
The spa is great and offers lovely treatments in a great setting.
The staff are very friendly and very clearly hard working.
The location is great, a minute from the beach and a short bus ride into marmaris town centre. Or a comfortable 30-40min walk along the beach front.
Good choice of food available at mealtimes. Amazing selection of salads etc.
The downsides are the 'extras' which aren't part of the all-inclusive offering. As other people have commented, being asked to pay for fruit juice is ridiculous, along with a charge for in-room safe, satellite TV & deposit for towel hire (30TL per person) at the pool/beach.
The sunbed situation around the pool also needs addressing. Every day we had to go to the beach because inconsiderate travellers grabbed sunbeds with towels but didn't use them straight away. At least 50% of the time the poolside was filled with reserved beds but no one actually using them. Such a disappointment that this wasn't dealt with.
In saying that we always found beds at the beach and enjoyed the waiter service from a very friendly member of the CDM team. Nothing was ever too much hassle for him and always happy to help. A great advert for the hotel!
These things didn't spoil our enjoyment of the hotel but would really make it 5star if sorted.

Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Emcka0
Reviewed October 6, 2013

Fab hotel excellent staff always something nice to eat, inbetween marmaris and ichmeler easy dolbus ride to either resort and far enough away when u want it . only limited spaces round pool when it is busy as it was when we were there in may other than that no complaints.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple