“Excellent value for money” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel London Blue

Hotel London Blue
Ranked #11 of 81 Marmaris B&B and Inns
Southport, United Kingdom
“Excellent value for money”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2013

Standard of the rooms absolutely fabulous. Massive upgrades completed from the previous year. Very good staff, with excellent communication skills, who give that bit extra to assist with any queries whether about the hotel or the area in general.

Suitable for all from young children to pensioners. The location is ideally situated for those who want a relaxing or activity holiday.

We will be returning again in September.

Room Tip: Front rooms overlook the street which is not overly busy or noisy. Rear rooms look up toward the Aq...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Derek D

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
  • Turkish first
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

We arrived on the 10 th of may 2 in the morning and were told we weren't expected at the hotel and were told to go to bed and were given a room and told we would sort it out in the morning, we got to the room and it was very dirty and there was blood on the sheets which the next morning when we went down we asked if they could be changed ( we took the sheets off and slept on towels) and they said that is fine but then they weren't changed till the 3rd day when i asked the maid to do it my self. The rooms are very dirty and basic which te basic u expect but u don't except dirty I ate here on the first morning as I was starving but what they fail to tell you is only Turkish breakfast is free and then after that we spent a lot of time out of the hotel and when we arrived the hotel staff kept Harrasing us to eat n drink and as we kept refusing we were told on the 4th day that they had received a email confirming that are accommodation had been cancelled and we need to phone and get it sorted or we could pay again which we refused to do as we had a receipt and they also said that we couldn't use there phone and had to use the pay phone. So I rang my parents at home and gave them all the contact info for the people we booked are holidays with and eventually it was sorted and the travel people rang the hotel after it was all sorted they stop Harrasing us and this is 5 days in to are 7 day holiday and they insisted that we ate with them which we refused as there hotel rooms we very dirty so I wasn't chancing eat from there again and you also had to steal toilet roll room the maids balcony which may I say was off the hall way into the rooms which always had a lite cigarette in this hotel is horrible and the staff are rude I loved turkey but wouldn't stay here again as a couple that we met on the beach told us the had got a hotel on the beach for the same as what we had pay to stay in this dump also on us leaving the hotel the staff never said thank you for stayin they just watched us leaving please do not waste your money and please take a look at are pictures we upload!!! If you go to turkey make sure you visit Piccadilly bar and restaurant it's amazing and amazing service aswell !!

• Stayed May 2013
6 Thank Jrdmartin

Travelers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

I have just returned from a 10 day stay at Hotel London Blue. It was my first time to Marmaris and I travelled with my 6 year old daughter. Prior to going, I was a bit apprehensive after reading some negative reviews however we had a pleasant stay at this hotel and I would go back.
Bearing in mind that this is a 3* hotel, the rooms were basic but cleaned daily. Towels and bed sheets were changed every other day but staff were more than happy to assist if you requested fresh towels or bedding.
The food is fantastic here. They specialise in Steaks and Chinese food but also have a general all day menu. The chef is also happy to prepare something that is not on the menu.
The staff are great and always there to help...nothing is too much for them. They take the time out to get to know you which is always nice. They work very hard and for long hours and they still manage to smile. Well done boys!
The location is ideal, especially if you have young children. This hotel is situated away from the main strip of hotels so there is less noise pollution. You are not too far away from shops, restaurants and of course the beach is just a 5-10 minute walk away. Everywhere is accessible.
This hotel is definately worth trying as you get 5* food and service in a 3* hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank sehreen w
Sheffield, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2013

I don't normally write bad reviews, because I think it's all about opinion, but my stay at London Blue was not a good one. Upon checking in, the first question the reception guy asked me was if I was planning on having any male visitors during my stay, which as a lone female traveller I can slightly understand their reason for asking, but maybe asking my name first would've been polite.

The room was right next to reception, which meant it was loud and the door lock was dodgy. On my first night there, there was a fight right outside my door. The room had no hairdryer, the bed sheets weren't that clean, and to be honest, I found the majority of staff a little rude.

You generally get what you pay for, and this pretty much proved that rule right. If you're staying for a couple of nights, as I was, it's manageable, but anything longer than that and I'd have been checking out and heading somewhere else. I was rarely in the room for this reason.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
4 Thank glittery2324
Coventry, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2013

Me and my husband spent our honeymoon here in May 2013. We cannot praise this hotel highly enough, on arrival in the early hours of the morning our bags were carried to our room after an extremely efficient checkin. We were desperate for a drink and the bar was opened for us-even though it was 01.30am, and due to it being so early in the season we were the only guests. Our room was immaculately clean and the balcony was beautiful. Our food was superb and at a very reasonable price- the English breakfast is not to be missed and the cheapest we saw, the Turkish breakfast was lovely and included in the price. Service was superb, and staff were extremely attentive and friendly, and most spoke superb english. There was no pressure ever to eat at the hotel. We will definately be going back. Thankyou to everyone for making our homeymoon so special.

Room Tip: Just ask-staff are extremely accomodating.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Julie B
scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 26, 2013

I am staying at the London Blue as we speak. It is a good hotel small but clean , staff are really good , work hard at making you welcome. All in all its a great wee hotel.food is FAB. And at a very reasonable price. Would come back again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chris10Scotland
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

Excellent Value For Money ! Great Selection Of Food / Drink, extensive range on offer..
Staff Very Helpfull / Friendly always willing to help with sight seeing tours, & Smartly Dressed.
Excellent Night Time Entertainment, including Free Wi - Fi, Televisions with all major international channels. Childrens Play Area, with Play Station / Games.
Only a few minutes walk, from the beach...
One Hour drive from Dalaman Airport.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business