“Awesome family holiday!”

Ranked #26 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Lampeter, Wales, United Kingdom
“Awesome family holiday!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

Set on a beautiful small island, a 20 minute ferry taxi ride away from Marmaris this mini resort is run by an amazing team of young people (well young compared to us anyway!). The food is amazing - so much exceptional choice you need never eat the same thing twice. There is a social table you can sit at and meet and chat to others about your day's activities. The apartments are clean and well equipped (if you cant find your fridge, like us, look in the cupboard in the second bedroom). The staff are exceptional, always happy, smiling and helpful going out of their way to make your holiday a great one. Our 14 year old daughter met and made friends with so many lovely youngsters during the week in the TAG club for 15-17 year olds. They were taken on a boat trip, jumping off the boat, snorkelling to a shipwreck followed by a beach BBQ, arriving back in the evening, the boat rocking to the music whilst they all zumba'd on the top deck! they had an escorted trip into Marmaris for a meal one night too. The pool is not huge but plenty big enough (too deep for me to do water aerobics though as I am only 5' tall) but the sea was lovely and warm, although it would be best to take water shoes as it is stoney rather than sandy. My husband and daughter learnt to sail, wind surf, water ski and wakeboard (joined one morning by two beautiful dolphins). I meanwhile had a go at pilates and yoga, had a facial, a massage and gained my level III sunbathing certificate! All in all the perfect island family getaway. It wouldn't be fair to name names in case anyone was missed out as ALL the staff were amazing. Can't wait to go again next year.

Room Tip: we were expecting a triple room with 3 beds in one room but surprised to find we had 2 bedrooms on a...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

Finally got round to writing this review and we had a fantastic first holiday at Adakoy.

Chose here after reading reviews on trip especially re the kids clubs. They are unlike other clubs as our son enjoyed his first speedboat and sailboat ride as well as fun in the pool and crafts. They also look after the kids until 10pm at night twice a week which was very very handy !!
I couldn't credit the nannys and staff more especially the attentive AJ.

I tried water skiing for the first time which i loved and won most improved pilates client
I also must mention

• Stayed September 2013
Tadworth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2013

Have come back exhausted after such a fun packed holiday. Fitted in sailing, waterskiing, yachting, windsurfing, kayaking, paddleboarding. The staff were amazingly helpful and friendly and very expert in their respective sports. Equipment was really well maintained. Holiday would suit anybody who likes lots of watersports and is prepared to go back to work for a rest.

1 Thank Sally_Nethercott
Norwich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 31, 2013

I was introduced to Neilson a couple of years ago and having had two fab trips to Lemnos, we decided to try Adakoy.

Did the twighlight check in the night before which made the early morning flight very easy. Flight was good and transfer was great.

I travelled with two friends although we all had our own rooms. My room was really dinky but really pretty, clean and had an amazing view across the pool and sea. The hair dryer didn't work and although I reported it, it wasn't fixed while I was there. It just meant that I nipped outside to dry my hair in the sun though so it was no problem at all.

We did go with plans to do an exercise class a day. This rapidly turned into "try all of the puddings" instead and actually came home a little heavier than I arrived!

I did paddle board and kayaked across to the little island. Also did the early morning walk to the cave (very very steep but worth it for the views).

The staff were really good, and entertainment ok too (although something to dance to one night would have been good)

I did really like the compact size of Adakoy although generally I do prefer the sandy beach and laid back vibe of Lemnos.

Ultimately I can't imagine having my main holiday with anyone other than Neilson. They are simply amazing holidays :) Thank you x

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Norwich, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Just returned from an excellent week in Adakoy, first Nielson holiday having previously tried Mark Warner.
Positives - Ideal location with a relaxed & compact village feel. Resort well maintained.
- Food was excellent, something for everyone. Service in restaurant was also very friendly and efficient
- Rooms were clean, bright with spectacular views (125)
- tuition was excellent with special mention to Tennis , fitness and ski teams
- No wasps!! Seen more in 2 hours return to UK than whole week in Adakoy

Areas for improvement?
- Availability of windsurf equipment outside of classes was variable. No one on hand to prepare / receive rigs
- kids clubs had limited waterspouts / organised activities. Surf busters had too many unnecessary paid options e.g. Spa treatment, shopping in Marmaris to fill the itinerary. Not really what we wanted our 12 year old girl to be asking for on a Neilson activity holiday! Kids felt the MW experience was superior(but had great time anyway)
- Only 2 Tennis courts, so many classes were oversubscribed with up to 20 players, not ideal for players or coaches.
- Bar service around pool bar could be slow and yes prices seemed out of line with Turkey in general. Beach bar only open in evenings, would have been good for Tennis at other times.
- Platinum service overall was good however personal Taxi meant you missed out on arrival by Water Taxi, would have travelled in coach in hindsight.

Having said all that would definitely recommend the resort 8.5/10

1 Thank Larsson67
Bristol, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Arriving at Adakoy at midnight, we immediately recognised the beauty and charm of the place. The location of the resort was lovely, very tucked away and isolated, yet with a great view all the way over to Marmaris with the huge island and mountains as scenery too. As a family, we took part in lost of activities: sailing and windsurfing lessons every morning, waterskiing, tennis, etc, and the real joy of our holiday was how everything was just there, and there was no need to organise trips or activities, as our rooms were literally ten metres from the sea. It was so easy to just take any equipment and get on with all the activities that you wanted to.
As a teenager, I decided not to join the TAG group as I wanted to make the most of the incredible facilities at Adakoy with my family, but I could see that the group definitely had a great week spending time with other young people, despite the fact that they didn't see a lot of their families. They were very welcoming and I enjoyed joining in with a few of their activities on some days.
The food at Adakoy was great, there was a huge variety and choice of both standard English and foreign cuisine, and the restaurant had a stunning sea view. The evening entertainment at the beach bar was also very enjoyable.
The one thing that struck me the most was the genuine kindness and friendliness of all staff and guests at Adakoy. We made a lot of new friends as a family, and especially enjoyed talking with the Turkish staff, who taught us a bit of their language. All the staff were really helpful and patient and they felt more like friends by the end of the week. We had such a good laugh in all of our beginner classes, and met lots of lovely people that we are still in touch with having returned from the holiday.
It was a perfect holiday, and I would urge anyone visiting Adakoy to make the most of all the opportunities there are: sign up for as much as possible, talk to other guests, and have a great time, because ours couldn't have been any better!

3 Thank fmillar
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Gosh, what a great holiday that was.

My partner and I travelled with two heirs and a spare (aged 11, 9 and 5) and we all had a terrific time. Seeing the kids waterski... good food (that someone else cooks)... sun-downer beers by the pool... my first karaoke... boats you don't have to rig or beach... the list of 'things we loved' is endless.

But most of all, what really set this holiday apart were the people we met. The fun you have with fellow guests is a factor rarely mentioned in Trip Advisor reviews, which is odd, because chatting away to your neighbour on sun loungers / boats / whereever seemed to be the thing that people enjoyed the most.

A few of the reservations that other reviewers have mentioned are fair comment, but for me they were just bumps in the road... For a sporty family Adaokay is a fantastic destination. Quite a few of our fellow guests who'd been on Neilson holidays before said this place was their favourite. If you're off to Adakoy on holiday all I can say is lucky you!

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family