“good food with no hassle”

Ayhan Restaurant Cafe & Bar
Ranked #94 of 476 Restaurants in Marmaris
Cuisines: European, Turkish, Bar, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Large groups, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Television, Waitstaff
Gildersome, United Kingdom
“good food with no hassle”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 13, 2013

been going to ayhan bar and restaurant for years things have changed over the years but food always been good,full meals or snacks all good no hassle to buy food if you just want a drink thats fine. sam does a great job he has worked there for years and always has time to chat to us just like our friends at home keep up the good work and c u soon. dont have to pay to play on pool table like most of the bars its saved me pounds over the years thanks guys

• Visited October 2013

Port Glasgow, Scotland, United Kingdom
“pleasant friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

So welcoming didn't hound us to go in to eat meal was beautiful went back about 6 times toilets where very clean coffee was good couldn't fault the meals breakfast staff very friendly didn't have to wait to long for our meals will go back to see Sammy very nice person who owns it

• Visited October 2013
CHESTER
“lovely fudge cake”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Went back again after trying it in May this year.Chose the set menu at 25 lira for steak,nice soup,average steak,loved the fudge cake with ice cream again,but the spirits were weaker this time.

Visited September 2013
hartlepool, united kingdom
“Sorry, but not good enough”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2013

We used Ayhan quite a bit during the week as our friends were staying here and it was only a 5 minute walk from Club Aida where we were staying. It’s quite a nice little place to be honest, nice and relaxing for a few drinks with music in the background or something on the screens dotted around the place. It always seemed to get pretty busy in the evening with lots of people eating, but we didn’t eat there until our last night. Our friends have visited this place for years and have always highly recommended it to me.

I’m a night owl and like to sit up drinking and talking till well after 2-3am. One thing we all picked up on was that after midnight when it was just the 5 of us, we were often made to feel we had outstayed our welcome (this wasn’t the only place we experienced this). I’ve never had a problem like this in Marmaris in the past, but it was clear at times that the waiters wanted to go home – slamming drinks down, heavy sighs when we ordered more drinks, sitting scowling at us while checking their watches. I know it was late and they wanted to go home but, to be frank, that’s not my problem. In the past, we’ve had local guys come sit with us to chat and have a few drinks themselves but this was something new to us and we all picked up on it.

The night before we flew home we decided to eat here – party of 7. The set meals are very good value, but some of us just ordered straight off the menu. The lavash was pretty typical of what you get in a hundred places in Marmaris, but it was nice. My lamb casserole wasn’t very nice. The lamb was tough (all 3 of us who had this dish agreed) – it was clear this wasn’t a slow-cooked dish but something that had been whipped up in the time since we ordered our meal. My partner had t-bone steak and it was overcooked – he asked for it medium but it was pretty well-done ( I would have sent it back but he felt too bad).

The rest of our party agreed their food was mediocre which they couldn’t believe, having previously never eaten a bad meal there…but what surprised me the most was the attitude of the waiters when my mother told them she hadn’t enjoyed her meal. Dismissive, rude, not interested. Sorry Ayhan guys but this just isn’t good enough. I know you were really busy that night but a simple apology goes a long way and it felt like you just couldn’t care less. Not what I expect of anywhere in Marmaris – I’d like to try it again on a quieter night but based on my experience, hand on heart I couldn’t recommend.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank suzHartlepool
Spalding
“Our Coffee Stop.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

We use to stop here for Coffee, and was one of the cheapest places we found, the food all looked very nice too, with such reasonable prices, and no hassle.

Visited September 2013