“Great hotel, good location, recommend highly”
Review of Ideal Prime Beach

Ideal Prime Beach
Ranked #19 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Torquay, United Kingdom
“Great hotel, good location, recommend highly”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

First visit to Marmaris, Turkey. Booked 6 months in advance for a very reasonable price, so we were not expecting luxury. However, when we arrived at our hotel, we were almost in disbelief this was where we would be staying. First impressions were amazing! The photos listed on here certainly did not do it justice! The reception area and staff were very welcoming and immediately offered to help us to our room with our suitcases. On the way to our room, the bell boy showed us the two restaurants, the two swimming pools, the patisserie and the variety of bars/nightclubs. On entering our room, we walked into a clean, spacious and very modern area with 3 beds; one double and a single. We had a balcony overlooking the hotel's private beach. The bathroom was also very compact, clean and modern. We had a huge, walk in shower which was very powerful and so refreshing. We had free air-conditioning all week, which we were very thankful for during the evenings. The safe box located in the wardrobe was also included, along with the room being cleaned daily, with fresh towels, bedlinen and bottled water in the fridge.
Considering it is such a large complex, it is kept spotless, which is entirely down to the hard-working staff who seem to work 24 hours of the day.
There was always a good selection of food to cater for everyone. We always found something tasty to eat. Would highly recommend the freshly made, cooked in front of you, stir fries at lunchtimes. These were definitely our favourites! However, we did find ourselves having to ask or chase the waiters for fresh cutlery and drinks, especially at dinner time.
The bar service was always very fast. efficient and entertaining. We were often offered cocktails, which weren't even part of the all-inclusive package.
The man-made, private beach situated right on the door step of the hotel offered free-sunbeds and umbrellas to guests, which we were able to use most days. However, the wooden jetty also located here was often difficult to find a bed on, as guests would reserve these very early in the morning, especially the Germans and Russians!
We did pack our own towels but you are offered a free towel card upon arrival which allows you to access a clean, fresh towel everyday which you can use either around the pool or at the beach.
There was a lack of evening entertainment but there was a pub and nightclub which also catered for the all-inclusive drink package until midnight. After this, you were expected to pay for your own.
We had a fantastic week weather wise, temperatures reaching approx, 30'c most days, considering it was mid September. Blue skies and sunshine everyday.
The location of the hotel was ideal, just on the outskirts of the hustle and bustle of Marmaris town centre but easy enough to hop onto a local Dolmush (bus) for 60p.
We took a trip to town one evening to watch the very impressive Water fountain display, which was free! We had a couple of cocktails in the local bars of 'Bar Street', offering free water pipes and shots! For those who don't fancy the club scene, you can always go and have a cocktail in the up-market bars on the harbour side, taking in the amazing, multi-million pound yachts that sit docked in the bay.
We decided to do some excursions through the local travel agents, which we were very weary about doing. But we certainly didn't need to be as they were spectacular. Very impressive trips for an excellent price.
Would highly recommend having a Turkish bath and massage within the first few days of your holiday, as it encourages your tan.
The 'Lazy Day' around the bay and the 'Dalyan/Turtle Beach' boat trips were brilliant days out. Word of advise, these trips are offered very cheap (£20 for two people) but you are then obliged to buy their on-board food and drinks. Also, they take lots of photos during the day, which they try and sell to you before you depart. However, if you choose to buy some and have no money on you, they will happily deliver them to your hotel, where you can then pay for them.

All in all, EXCELLENT and very IMPRESSIVE hotel. Will definitely be returning next year!

Room Tip: Most rooms will probably have a sea view, as it located right on the beach.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank Lynsay W
iphotels, Ideal Team at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this review, September 29, 2013
Thank you for your holiday review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have experienced the hospitality of the Hotel through the reception and bell-boy service to the cleanliness of the Hotel, the variety of food served and the facilities in and around the grounds including the Pub bar and Nightclub. I do hope that we will be welcoming you again in the future and would like to thank you on behalf of the team here at Ideal Prime Beach for your recommendation and for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (523)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 27, 2013

I have just returned home from spending 10 incredible nights at this hotel and can honestly say I enjoyed every second. Having booked this hotel 9 months before traveling I read quite a few reviews on this site which made me worry about what sort of hotel I had booked. In all honesty some of the comments on this page about this hotel are in fact complete lies.

We traveled with Thomas Cook, could not have had a nicer rep at the hotel any problems or queries were dealt with straight away. On arrival the reception area is spectacular, we were warmly welcomed and shown to the room. The bell boy explained all we needed to know about the various different restaurants/bars etc on the way to the room. He also showed us how to use the air con and the safe which is free to use with no deposit fee.

Having read some bad reviews on this I was expecting a box room with a shoe box wardrobe, I even took hangers because people said there weren't any. Instead we were pleasantly surprised with a nicely decorated room, really good size with 3 beds. I will admit the wardrobe is not the largest I have ever seen but we were staying 10 nights and between us all are clothes fitted into it so its really not a big problem. We found the beds really comfy and the shower was really powerful. Another plus for me was the full length mirror - def a bonus for the girls.

The room was cleaned every day with fresh towels and water every day!! The cleaning staff work so hard, This is a large hotel but they keep everything spotless. We watched a maid polish the banister of the stairs every single day! All of the hotel is kept spotless at all times. People also mentioned about the areas around the pool not being tidied up, which is also complete nonsense. The bar staff and cleaners come round and constantly lift cups and rubbish from below the sunbeds. The pool areas are also washed down every night.

The sun bed issue is a problem. We did join in with the mad standards set by the German and Russian guests and set the alarm for 6am every morning but then we went back to bed for a few more hours before breakfast. Could I recommend the hotel consider changing the towel card policy. On arrival each guest is given a towel card, in the morning you exchange this card for a fresh beach towel, then in the evening you give back the towel and get your card back. On numerous occasions German guests refused to take back the card instead asking for towels. If they were given back the card in the evening they would have to wait until 9am the next morning to pick up the towel and this could prevent such an early start as many of them didn't seem to bring their own towels with them.

I recommend that while you are here you visit the spa, it was so relaxing. We got a turkish bath and a massage which was worth every penny.

The hotel is located right on the beach front with stunning views into Marmaris. We choose to lie on the beach quite a bit as it was so pretty. There are also loads of water sports available right beside the hotel for the more adventurous but we were happy enough watching. The promenade is lovely I recommend you go for a walk at some stage along it as you will undoubtedly fall in love with the views and scenery.

One of the main concerns I had before visiting the hotel was the food. My honest opinion is some days it is better than others. It all comes down to what people like and don't. The restaurant is again beautifully decorated but I don't think you would want to eat in the hotel for every night in your stay. We never had a problem with the waiter service, all of them were very friendly and attentive to our needs. What I will say is whether or not you like the food there is no shortage of choice. The main restaurant, the noodle/stirfry area outside, snack area, patiserie, beach bar for bake potatoes and the a'la carte restaurants there is definitely plenty to eat.

We found the staff overall very friendly and helpful. There was no issue of rudeness, they all work really long hours and deal with some very rude guests and they do try to be friendly with everyone.

My only issue with this hotel although I do personally think this is a problem in general in Marmaris hotels is the standard of evening entertainment is poor if not completely non existent. The entertainment team do a good job through the day with lots of activities that no one really participates in - this is not there fault. However at night for some crazy reason a dance show is put on in the nightclub. I think it would be much better outside in some of the lovely seating areas this hotel has.

Finally, I would definitely recommend you book this hotel. It is stunning and after all no hotel will ever be perfect to every one but this hotel does definitely come close to being one of my favorite hotels. One final mention is to pay the extra for a sea view room. The Grand Pasa is behind this hotel with really loud entertainment at night - pretty bad karaoke. But also the hotel front is on the main road into Marmaris from Icemeler so it could be quite noisy.

Thank you Ideal Prime Beach for a fantastic holiday.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Gemma M
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I would also like to thank you for your many comments regarding our Hotel from the cleanliness you have experienced to the variety of food served as well as the friendliness of the staff and the exclusive private beach for our guests to use. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you and your family again in the future and on behalf of the team here at Ideal prime Beach, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
Reviewed September 23, 2013

We had a great time cant complain about anything.. The spa that is on sight was amazing for there turkish baths.. We have booked to go back in october for my husbands birthday.. We found all staff helpful! Breakfast & lunch was nice cant comment on evening meal as we choose to eat out..

• Stayed May 2013
5 Thank Amiyashell
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that after experiencing the hospitality of the Hotel, its services and facilities you are planning on returning again this year for your husbands birthday. We look forward to welcoming you both once again and would like to thank you for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.
Flint, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013

After spending 2 weeks at the Ideal Beach Hotel, we had to return home to miserable UK. Our stay at the hotel was very good, Our room was large, with a sea view and clean. balcony was small, but large enough for what we needed.
This is a large hotel, and consequently there are some issues regarding sunbeds, not quite enough of them. The water slides are only open 3 times a day for 1 hour at a time, so a bit frustrating at time, as kids start to climb up them when the attendant is not present. all in all though, really nice.
Meals can be a bit repetitive at times, but this is what you would expect at all inclusive resorts. Consideration does need to be given to the entertainment, it does not start until late, and is sometimes held in the club where children can not enter so if you are with children, you can be a bit stuck later on and there is not a great deal on the entertainment front for kids in the day if you are looking for this ( I wasn't).
the hotel claims to be 5star, but it isn't, although everywhere is clean and maintained well.
There is a fab patisserie open in the afternoons so if you have a sweet tooth, you cant miss this.
the hotel is located across the road from a good selection of shops, don't forget to haggle, and haggle good, as they will take from you what you can, but enjoy it too, as it is great fun. Also a great location for access to the beach front, although don't expect soft white sand, gravel is more the description. The sea front however is lovely, and don't forget you trip on the taxi boat when you want to travel to Marmaris or Icemeler. all in all a lovely holiday, clean hotel, friendly staff and a lovely time

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank geminibabe69
iphotels, Ideal Team at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your holiday overall and would like to thank you for your comments regarding the cleanliness of the Hotel and the friendliness of the staff. I do hopw that we will be welcoming you again in the future and on behalf of the Team here at Ideal Prime Beach, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
England
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We booked our holiday through Thomas Cook but used private transfers to arrive here as the coaches take far too long. We arrived at the hotel around 2:30am where we were expecting a welcome drink... Obviously we were expecting too much! Our driver unloaded our cases an we took them to reception where we were asked for our passports then given our rooms keys. No explanation of the hotel or what time breakfast was. Our cases were taken to our rooms and we unpacked and went straight to bed. The corridors were so noisy i found it very hard to sleep even thought after all the travelling i was extremely tired. The rooms were shocking. 2 single beds, 1 chair and the smallest wardrobe i have ever seen! No space to hang any of my clothes. The bathroom was basically a cupboard, it was ridiculously small. But i will say that the rooms were clean an i don't suppose its a major issue about size as you don't go away to sit in your rooms all day.
We went down for breakfast but i actually found it pretty impossible to eat anything as the food seemed geared more towards the russian guests. I decided to go outside and find a cafe to have breakfast and hope that lunch was better. It was not, every single meat dish seemed to be soaked in some strange sauce. I do admit i'm rather fussy when it comes to food, but this was just a disgrace. I wouldn't have fed my dog the food that they were serving up to the guests. It was very cheaply produced!
As for dinner time, i can only describe it as feeding time at the zoo, the foreign guests were just so rude! One Night we sat next to a russian couple and they had 9 plates, yes 9 PLATES of food on their table!
This hotel is certainly not geared towards English guests which is such a shame as Marmaris is such a lovely welcoming place!
We went to our rep meeting in the morning to be told our rep had left, she had wrote us a note apologising and telling us she would be back tomorrow. It was only on day 5 that we found out this hotel had an Al a carte restaurant that we could use once, when we went to book this we were told it was fully booked for 4 nights an we couldn't use it.
I was pretty unhappy with the whole stay that i went to make a complaint at reception to be told i had to go and see somebody from guest relations. I may as well have complained to the floor, i would have probably got more sense. The lady was not the slightest bit interested in what i had to say and basically told me if i don't like the hotel then its my fault. From our 3rd day we ate out every day. We had to be up around 6:30 to get a sun lounger which we done for 3 days but soon got fed up of waking up so early especially when you can't sleep well at night because of the younger guests screaming and shouting up and down the corridors all through the night.
Can't comment on the entertainment team at night times as we always left the hotel to go for a walk and have dinner but in the day time i never saw much of them. We booked late checkout for 1 room so one our last day we moved all the cases into 1 room and went down to reception to checkout the other two rooms and go out for lunch. We arrived back at the hotel around 2pm and went to the room to shower and get ready to leave but couldn't get into the room, when i went to reception i was told thy had checked us out but left all our belongings in the room. After 15 minutes they realised that we had paid for late check out and gave us a new key that worked.
We walked to picasso restaurant down the road for breakfast which equated to £2 each and it was lovely. The guys who worked there are some of the friendliest people you could wish to meet and the place was very clean. We ate out in No Name bar one evening which was across the road and to the left of the hotel, again great food and lovely service.
If you love Indian food then you need to get the dolmus into town and go to the Tah Mahal, the food is amazing! A little pricy but its worth it!
We went to 2 markets, 1 in marmaris about a 5 minute walk from the hotel and the other in Icemeler. Both just as good, you can get some great bargains there!
We walked down to Migros supermarket a few times to get some drinks and food to put in the chiller in our rooms, its a 15minute walk away but very reasonably priced.

Marmaris is such a beautiful place with such amazing people, but this hotel doesn't seem to reflect that. We are going back in september but staying down the road at the Grand Azur which has amazing reviews both on here and from people we spoke to in Marmaris. All in all, the reception area of this hotel is 5 star, but thats where it stops. The rooms and service are pretty poor and Thomas Cook seriously need to rethink their decision to sell this hotel to British guests as its really not geared towards us. One day we spoke to a waiter about the lack of British and he said they get around 3 british couples a week, the other 600 people are russian or french.
I will say the hotel was spotlessly clean, and the public areas were well maintained, it was just a shame about everything else.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank nikkixox
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am sorry to read that the Hotel has not met with your expectations however I would like to take this opportunity to say that Hotel information is given at the welcome meeting held by the resort rep and the personnel at Customer Services are also happy to answer questions regarding the facilities in the Hotel and who also deal with room change requests, issues concerning technical services, housekeeping and service. Reception personnel also cannot check guests out unless they are present however the room cards do stop working at midday on the day of departure unless they have been presented to reception to be updated with the details of a late checkout.
Food that is served within the Hotel is of the highest quality and standard and is checked on a daily basis by the Hotel Food Engineer, as the Hotel has an International guest base, the 14 day planned menu reflects this as well as presenting Turkish Cuisine, stir-fries, jacket potatoes, pasta and sauce and also plain steamed and boiled dishes (diet section) are available on a daily basis from the restaurants, the snack bar serves kebabs, pizza, burgers and chips as well as pasta and sauces, salads and fresh fruit. I do hope that that with this information your review has been satisfied and that we will be able to welcome you again in the future. On behalf of the Team here at Ideal Prime Beach, thank you for choosing our Hotel for your holiday.
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We went to turkey for 10nights the hotel was amazing.. However the only thing wrong with this hotel is the meat was very dry but there's lots of choice of food.. The day trips was brilliant, including the jeep safari but DO NOT buy the DVD or photos because they are blank discs waste of money!

• Stayed September 2013
iphotels, Ideal Team at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your holiday with us especially with the choices of food that is served here. I do hope that we will be welcoming you again in the future and would like to thank you for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.
Aberdare, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 21, 2013

This was our 2nd visit to Ideal prime beach, i have to stay we enjoyed our second stay much more! The entertainment is 100 times better than it was the year before, there's lots of pool games during the day but it lacks entertrainment for children, however all the entertainers make a fuss of the children. There's alot of choice of food, you won't go hungry!! The waiters are polite and fun!The maids cleaned the room thoroughly each day giving water and fruit juice,Monet was our maid he was lovely!! Reception staff are always there, staying at this hotel you'll feel safe as there's security at front and back of the hotel. Overall beautiful hotel and an amazing holiday but entertainment is geared up for adults!

Room Tip: Take a boots advantage card for the air-con
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank kate s
Thank you for your recent holiday review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I would also like to thank you for your many comments regarding the improvements made from your last holiday with us, guest feedback is important and helps us to plan our improvements year on year. I do hope that we will be welcoming you again for the third time and would like to thank you on behalf of the Ideal Team for choosing Ideal Prime Beach once again for your holiday.