“Lovely Hotel, Thomas Cook useless.”
Review of Ideal Prime Beach

Ideal Prime Beach
Ranked #17 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We went using TC at the end of the season. Not high season but certainly not a cheap option.
To be fair the hotel was almost empty but the staff did try hard. A lack of atmosphere but certainly no queues or ice cream! Any issues needing sorting take straight to the hotel management as Thomas Cook reps useless. TC treated us like cattle. The seats on the plane are most definately closer together than any budget airline. I'm 5'10" and had no room whatsoever for 4 1/2 hours. Definately more room on Aer Lingus, Easy Jet or Ryan Air.
Don't bother making any complaint to TC when you come home, as it took them almost 3 months to reply to mine and it was a standard, "we would like to point you to the terms and conditions were it clearly states in the small print we are responsible for nothing". Really disappointed with TC and won't use them again. Would go back to the hotel tho. I thought it was lovely.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank michael w
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 9, 2013

Thank you for submitting your review on the tripadvisor website.
Your feedback is important to us and I am happy to read that you and your family enjoyed your holiday with us, I would also like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff working within the Hotel. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you all once again in the future and would like to thank you for your recommendation and for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,792)

Reviewed February 4, 2013

Visited this beautiful hotel April 2012 for 1 week, been to Turkey many many times before and I have never stayed at a Hotel as good and well run. The staff were all very well mannered and courteous,and food very nice too. My Daughter is a Travel Consultant and recommended her Dad and I tried this Hotel, so glad we did, going back again in June this year for two weeks and my Daughter and fiancé will be joining us the second week, she has also recommended this Hotel to many of her customers who have also enjoyed it and have returned many times now. Can't wait for June.

Room Tip: Go for it ,Great Hotel .
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank 98AlisonB

Thank you for your holiday review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you have chosen to visit us after a receiving a recommendation and that the Hotel has exceeded your expectations. Thank you for your kind comments regarding the staff working within the Hotel and of your appreciation of the food served within the restaurants and patisserie. We do look forward to welcoming you again this season and would also like to thank you for your recommendation.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

We ventured to the "Ideal Prime Beach" for October half term. We arrived in the early hours of the morning and were "blown away" by the beauty of the reception areas.
Our room was spacious but decor was tired & wallpaper hanging off the walls! Amenities were good and both my children 15 & 12 found things to do (Weather wasn't great).
We have family who live in Marmaris so didn't spend too much of the day around the hotel, but we did eat there for most meals. We found the restaurant staff to be sometimes rude & very disinterested in offering good service! Food was very repetitive ( but most all inclusive in Turkey can be like this...plentiful but cheap to produce!!).
The male travel rep on site was as best described as "useless"....TC really need to up their game...it may be end of season but we pay a lot of hard earned money to have a holiday & deserve what we are promised in the brochure....also...Just as a word of warning...we were told by the on site rep that when TC do the "star" ratings, the food in the resort is NOT part of this process...so you could have a 5* resort with diabolical food and TC would do nothing about it!!!
On balance the hotel was nice, clean & ok facilities...would we go back? NO...we have stayed in MUCH better hotels for a lot less money!!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Kerry H
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us especially when given at the time of the guests holiday as this then gives us the opportunity to resolves any concerns that guests may have, this can be done at Customer Services, located next to reception as the staff here record all issues and concerns and have direct contact with the relevant department managers ranging from house-keeping, technical service and service staff. I thank you for your appreciation of the Hotel decor, its facilities and of the food and beverage served within the Hotel. I would like to mention that all ratings given by Thomas Cook are universal as stated in the brochure and after accommodation assessment, Ideal Prime Beach was awarded a universal 4*+ rating which cannot be compared with any other 4*+ rated hotel in any other country, again as explained in the brochure. I do hope that this information satisfies your review and that we will be able to welcome you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your October 2012 holiday.

Reviewed January 21, 2013

I went in September 2012 with my boyfriend, I had my worries about it from some of the bad reviews and also I heard Marmaris was a bit tacky etc. When we finally arrived at our hotel from the coach journey we was so happy to see the hotel was in fantastic condition, the lobby was amazing and the staff showed us straight to our room where we had a sea view like we'd requested. We arrived quite late so we went to get some food, there is loads of food on offer and the dining room/outside seating was really nice. The food wasn't amazing every night, abit repetitive but you get what you pay for so I couldn't complain as to be honest I enjoyed the food most nights. There was also loads of snacks and food on offer during the day/lunch time. They also have a bar on the beach so you can just walk to the bar from your sunbed and get an all inclusive drink, which we loved. The staff was excellent, always very polite and made sure you had a drink when eating. If you walk right to end of the strip there are loads of bars and lovely restaurants along the strip, its a lovely walk and only takes about 20 mins to walk to the end. We had a fantastic holiday in ideal prime beach would defiantly recommend and defiantly go again, the place was really nice we had loads of fun on the water sports and was well looked after in Ideal Prime Beach. Perfect for couples, not really any entertainment if your taking children. The bar across the road on the corner is also excellent, we went there every night first. Overall great holiday I have lots of brilliant memories here and I wouldn't of changed a thing so if your having worries don't! Go and get it booked you will love it.

Room Tip: Our sea view room was lovely on the middle floor had a fantastic view to wake up to every morning
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
8  Thank rebecca h
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have both enjoyed your holiday stay with us in September 2012 and would like to thank you for your comments regarding the decor of the Hotel, the Reception and Bell-Boy service as well experiencing the friendliness of all the staff working within the Hotel, I am happy to read that you have enjoyed the food and beverages served within the Hotel. I hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and would like to thank you for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.

Reviewed January 5, 2013

having read some poor reviews on here we were a little worried but i really wouldnt take all of them seriously me my husband our 18mth old and my mum and dad went here in sept
location is superb and out of all the hotels on the strip id say this one has the best pool area especially as there was two ! the slides in the second pool were a real bonus and our son enjoyed sitting on our knee going down them !
we love a good walk and coming out and walking along the front either way was was lovely 1st visit to turkey and we was impressed.

the public areas were beautifully decorated real luxury interior, dinning rooms were stunning as well

our room was facing the sea and pool and was perfect we did end up asking them to remove the cot as our son was already using a bed at home and the cot was a travel one with no proper matress as there was 3 beds in the room he slept in one of them rooms arent massive but as your only sleeping in them there fine - air con and free safe very good we read the tip to take a boots advantage card with us great idea !

rooms were cleaned daily fresh towels and water having a fridge in the room great with a little one for his juice etc.

staff were so nice couldnt do enough for us and made so much fuss over our son high fiving him when ever they saw him!

breakfast was lovely but dont be expecting a british fry up we didnt and we dont mind plenty of pancakes and fruit suited us !

lunch was nice to have a choice and most days we ate outside in the bar restaurant as we particulary loved the handmade stone baked pizzas especially as you watched them make them

dinner most nights we all found something that we enjoyed i have to say what we did eat we really enjoyed but id say the last 2 nights we found there to be not very much choice but you can visit the alacarte restaurant once but need to book in early just lots of fried chicken always salad and veg and chips and various fish dishes but not being a fish eater your choice is limited again also sometimes we had to queue for meals and they could have done with a couple of stations partiiculary in the morning as with a 2 year old it was sometimes hardwork we do think this was due to it being september and the end of the season.

me and my mum had a turkish bath in the spa and this is a must ! they do try and talk you into having a larger package but overall the service was excellent and cant wait to use the spa again

they do have a towel patrol which we found really good as the beds were fab comfy ones and when people put towels on them and dont use them all day its frustrating so its good to know that they are checking them !

we walked to icemar one day lovely walk along the sea beautiful little place we got the boat taxi back which was a lovely experience

marmaris town and the bazarrs all good experience and the musical fountain in the square lovely to see.

2pm was always cake time ! the pattiserie was amazing and a lovely addition

only other negative is that the evening entertainment was indoors would be better outdoors and the evening bar was beautiful looking out over the sea but no lift access we were able to carry the buggy up but there was a guest in a wheelchair and he wouldnt have been able to get up there i know there was the other bar to have drinks from but the singer was always at the rooftop bar

lovely hotel lovely staff great times !
so much so when we came home weve booked again this time were ging in june cant wait !

Room Tip: sea view/pool view weve requested the same room numbers this year !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
17  Thank donnamay19021982

Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your holiday review on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you and all of your family have enjoyed the Hotel from the check-in and bell-boy service to the location and pool with slides. I am also happy to read that you have enjoyed your room location and free services provided in them however must mention that we do not endorse the use of foreign cards in the electric card slots as this can pose a serious fire risk. I am very happy to read that we will be welcoming you once again in the 2013 season and would like to thank you for this recommendation and well as choosing Ideal Prime Beach Hotel for your first Turkish holiday experience.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

me and my family enjoyed a great 2 weeks in june last year. staff are great and food is good. this is a hotel to go for! before this trip to turkey i'd been to mexico twice then dom. rep. so it is quite a good hotel for europe.,

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank tazzieGreenock

Firstly I would like to thank you for your holiday review posted on the tripadvisor website.
It pleases me to read that you and your family enjoyed your two holiday with us in June 2012 and enjoyed the hospitality of the Hotel, its staff and facilities. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you all once again in the future and would like to thank you for your recommendation and for choosing Ideal Prime Beach Hotel for your holiday.

Reviewed December 29, 2012

I went in october with a friend of mine and we loved it and would definitely gi back again, well im even looking at it for 2013! We arrived at the hotel and was greeted by a friendly reception who checked us in swiftly then our bags were taken up to our room by one of the staff.
We had quite a late flight so didnt get to see much untill the next day.
Our rep was very nice and told about some good trips, we went on a jeep trip which i would definitely reccomend, we also went on a boat trip, which was good but we stopped in a few little coves along the way, if u dnt like wasps i wouldnt go!!
We didnt have a room with a view but we wernt too bothered as we was only in the room to shower n sleep but it was a very nice room!
The food was abit repetitive but was always nice, just be aware of the germans and russians as they dont understand the concept of queing.
The beach and pool was nice but if you dont get up early you wont get a decent sun lounger, even though the policy is no towels out before 9, people were going down at 6!! So if u want a decent spot go early for it!!
Overall the holiday was good, just dont expect the ritz!!!!
Would and have recommended to others!!

• Stayed: October 2012
4  Thank CaceyS91

Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you and your friend both enjoyed the Hotel from the check-in at Reception and the bell-boy service to the location of the Hotel. I do hope that we will be welcoming you again in the future and on behalf of the Ideal Team, would like to thank you for your recommendation and for choosing Ideal Prime Beach Hotel for you holiday October 2012.