“Good, with some bad.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ideal Prime Beach
Ranked #22 of 233 Hotels in Marmaris
“Good, with some bad.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just returned from a 11 night stay here and whilst overall the hotel is good, the dining room and a few other issues make the the stay average.

ROOM: Was small but nice. Cleaned every day and pleanty of room for two. Every thing worked fine and the bath room was big enough.

POOL: Forget it. Unless you get up early enough (I'm talking pre 0700) don't waste your time. Written in the lifts and other places were the rules about sun beds. This was never enforced the whole time I was there. The only time I used the pool bar area two rather camp men were running around shouting aqua gym, they the turned up the music so loud that me and the better half had to leave. Also one bar man that was all ways at the pool bar was extremely helpful and very nice...if you were female. To my self he never gave a crap I was there and all most seemed to be annoyed that I was disturbing his perv time by asking for a drink. Also hitting on my other half with me there? Not cool at all.

BEACH: All ways space on the beach, was the best part of the hotel. Was shelterd and the sea was lovely, clear as day and very cool when the weather was as hot as it was. Pleanty of water activities around but it was as intruding as some places due to the distance from the beach they could be carried out. My only bits of advice are, take your bottled waster to the beach. The small plastic cups will not hydrate you in the heat and it gets annoying having to keep going back for more drinks. Also whilst the food is nice on the beach the woman making it is unbelievably slow.

ENTERTAINMENT: Can't really comment as I didn't really go on holiday for this.

FOOD: Well where to start. If you fancy queuing every day for bland frozen rubbish this is the pace for you. I'm sure what the manager responds with is true, but the food is still rubbish. To be honest I gave up after the 3rd day and just grabbed what ever I could. How many times can you have chips and spag bol? We ended eating out at Samdam down the road a few times and this is well worth a visit. Also the snack bar shut in the evenings due to weather conditions?!? This really let the holiday down and has put me off ever returning.

The hotel has some great points about it. But it needs a serious look at the whole food and dining side of things.

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us especially when given whilst still in the Hotel as this then gives us the opportunity to resolve any concerns that guests may have, this can be done at Customer Services, located next to the Reception Desk as the personnel here have direct contact with all Department Managers including the Service Manager, the Resort Rep also visits on a daily basis and liases with Customer Services to help resolve any concerns that guests may have. The ladies here also monitor sunbeds if an issue is raised and will also explain that as the the Hotel has an International Guest Base, the menus that are provided will reflect this as well as presenting Turkish Cuisine. I do hope that this information satisfies your review and that we will be able to welcome you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (503)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
motherwell North Lanarkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2012

Just returned on Saturday from a weeks holiday in this hotel. On arrival the check in was very good, with cases taken to our room and the bell boy explaining everything. Food was good in resturant and in the outside eating areas. Sweets were available every day 2pm and had a fantastic selection. If you were on the beach you could have a fresh baked potato at lunch time until 4pm, there was also a bar on the beach serving soft drinks. Beach towels were available free of charge and you could collect a clean one all day. The whole area surrounding the hotel was spotless clean. The hotel on the whole is spotless clean although the bathrooms in the rooms could be doing with a little extra clean. Looking just now to book for next year.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank bronzy
Thank you for your review submitted on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed the hospitality of the Hotel from the check-in and bell-boy service to the provision of the free safe, free air-conditioning, complimentary mini-bar on arrival within your room and also the free pool/beach towel service. I am also happy that you have enjoyed the wide variety of food available within the Hotel and that you have enjoyed the cleanliness provided by the House-Keeping team. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Ideal Team, I would like to thank you for your recommendation and for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.
Wigton, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2012

stayed here end of August/September. Safety deposit box broken, table on balcony broken but to be fair reception sorted these immediately. Pleasant room and clean. Many facilities but due to the number of guests not able to get a sunbed round the pool or a sunbed on the beach.all week. Food mediocre, trying to cope with so many nationalities didnt please anyone and if your want more than one glass or wine with your meal make sure you sit outside. Good location with dolmuses up and down all day. Would recommend going off peak. Discovered you can operate air conditioning through shut balcony door from balcony which was handy.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for posting your review on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that our fully qualified Technical Service department were able to resolve the issue with the safe and the table in your room. I would also like to thank you for appreciation of the Hotel having an International guest base and therefore the menus provided reflect this.
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and would like to thank you for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012

We came here for a vacation at the seaside.
It was our first time in Turkey.
We were looking for comfortable hotel with nice territory/beach and quiet atmosphere away from discos and other loud stuff.

I should say that we got all that we expected.
First. The sea view is amazing. It is truly beautiful.
The hotel is in good condition, the beach is excellent, so is the gym.
We didn't use the pools, so can't really evaluate that.

There isn't anything special happening in terms of animation/entertainment, so it was mostly peaceful unlike neighbouring hotels.

The room was with a sea view, but quite small and was generally forgettable.

The food is abundant, you can also visit one of the a la carte restaurants located here.
The one with Turkish cuisine was excellent.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank EgorParienko
Thank you for posting your review on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that the Hotel has met the requirements of your holiday from clean comfortable Hotel grounds, amazing sea view from the rooms, that you have enjoyed the beach and the fitness centre. I am also happy to read that you have enjoyed the choice of food and enjoyed your Turkish A La Carte Experience.
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again to our Hoteland would also like to thank you for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your first Turkish holiday experience.
South Wales
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2012

Stayed at Ideal Prime Beach from 1st to 11th October. Arrived in the early hours and check-in was speedy with no hassle. Bell boy took our luggage to our rooms (4 adults travelling) and explained how everything worked in the room. Room was fab. Paid for sea view and got a sea view. Housekeeping wasn't brilliant - on a few occasions I tidied the sheet on the bed and that's the way it was left. One complaint about the room - not enough storage. Double wardrobe but only had 8 coat hangers! I laid my clothes out on the spare single bed. Food in the dining room was pretty good. There was always lots of choice. The usual staples were there, i.e. chips, rice and pasta, with a choice of meats and fish. We all found something that we liked! One complaint about the dining room - some people thought they were exempt from queuing!!!!!! I sometimes think the Brits are too bloody polite on times. The snack bar was great when you wanted something quick. Pizza was fab. There was a lack of entertainment but this was expected as it was practically the end of the season. I didn't really bother us as a few drinks in the bar suited us all. The location of the hotel was perfect. A short dolmus ride to both Icemeler and the centre of Marmaris. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay at this hotel. Would we go back - yes we probably would :-)

Room Tip: We stayed in rooms 2218 and 2219 - stunning sea views!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank WelshCez
Thank you for submitting your holiday review on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you have enjoyed your holiday with us from the check-in and bell-boy service to the sea views and free facilities in the rooms of complimentary mini-bar on arrival, free air conditioning, free safe. I am also happy to read that you have enjoyed the variety of food served within the Hotel, the Hotels location with easy access to Icemeler and Marmaris.
I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and on behalf of the Ideal Team, would like to thank you for your recommendation and for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.
Dumfries, Scotland, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

having just come bake from the Ideal Prime Beach to say this is a five star hotel is a joke Yes the location is very good but the hotel is not never before have i been in a five star hotel where the chilly sauce comes in a squeeze plastic bottle, you get a wooden stick to stir your coffee and Brussels sprouts for breakfast the overall quality of food is very poor very limited choice and very repetitive i asked for a coffee after my evening meal and was told by the waiter to get it myself from the machine in the corner. the dining room was poorly organised leading to 15 minute queues at the hot food stations.
both the bar staff and the waiter gave the impression they did not care any more
The snack bar also was very poor the chicken nuggets and kofte kebabs where inedible the best thing in the snack bar was the donner & chicken Kebabs but its not a good sign when you in a five star hotel and all you can find to eat is donner meat and chips

Room Tip: in another Hotel
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Allan B
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this review, November 26, 2012
Thank you for your review submitted to the tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us especially when given whilst still in the resort as this gives the Hotel the opportunity to resolve any concerns that guests may have. This can be given to the resort rep who visits on a daily basis or direct to the Hotel at the Customer Service Office located next to the Reception Desk, concerns logged here are usually resolved to the guests satisfaction and these can range from explaining the 5* rating which has been awarded to the Hotel by the Turkish Ministry of Tourism and that as advertised in the Thomas Cook brochure, the Universal Rating that has been awarded to the Hotel by Thomas Cook is a 4*+.
The Hotel has an International Guest base and the 14 day planned menu reflects this as well as proudly presenting Turkish Cuisine, unfortunately at the most busy periods of meal services the show grills can become busy as the meat dishes are freshly cooked, an alternative to the snack bar which serves pasta, sauce, chips, 2 choices of doner meat, freshly cooked pizza, burgers, kofte, enjoys a salad range and fresh fruit is the lunch restaurant which serves soup, several meat options, several poultry options as well as fish options, freshly cooked vegetables, pasta and sauces and also offers a large salad selection, dessert selection and fresh fruit.
With the information provided I do hope that this satisfies your review and that we will be able to welcome you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.
Varna, Bulgaria
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

I just came back from 1 week of stay at this hotel. Looked great as area and as whole, but as soon as we stepped in the hotel room things were not as we thought. Every 5 star hotel should have at least shampoo, headcap, shoe-polish, but all we had in the bathroom were soapgel for hands. A/C - c'moooon! Universal remote control that stopped working. Rooms were with dirty floor and the worst was that I found out that on our check-out i left my wallet in my bag in the room for 20 minutes for my whole stay and my wallet was empty - someone stole my cash (housekeepers are believed to have done this) and I realized this in the plane - well maybe my fault, but be careful. Also someone wrote that waiters wanted from us to go and take them food from the buffet.. that is true! they begged us for food.. AS WHOLE WAITERS AND BARMEN = AWFULLY RUDE. The whole hotel has a lot of restrictions and I felt really not welcome and everyone there not friendly.. Bad Animation! Lunch and Dinner - awful.. food is good but there is less meat, big rows of people and chefs prepared food very slow by purpose i believe. Good deserts BTW.. The whole hotel's idea here was to be as much as economical and cheap as possible.. the wanted to save money from all the things that a real 5 star hotel has.. only good thing is the location and the design of the hotel..
PS: They have artificial sounds of grasshoppers.. :D

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Peter S
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
Guest feedback is important to us especially when given whilst in the Hotel as this gives us the opportunity to address any concerns that guests may have. This can be done through Customer Services who record all concerns and is located next to Reception, usually resolving concerns to the guests satisfaction from House-keeping and Technical services to Service received and facilities provided. I would therefore like to comment on the concerns you have now expressed firstly, I do not accept slander of any staff within the Hotel on matters unrecorded and unproven especially as the Hotel provides free safes for guests to use. As detailed in the holiday brochure, the animation provided is of an occasional nature comprising of games, competitions and shows and as the Hotel has an International guest base, the team endeavour to provide activites for all guests to participate in from killer pool, water polo, darts, pentanque, beach volleyball, salsa dance lessons to name but a few, all activities and locations are advertised on the animation board within the Hotel grounds.
The Hotel has been awarded 5* by the Ministry of Turkish Tourism and as explained in the holiday brochure, tend to give a fair impression of relative standards within the country, however different countries have different standards and therefore not to assume that a 5* rated hotel in one country is equivalent to a 5* rated hotel in another.
I do hope that with the information provided this satsifies your review and that we will be able to welcome you again in the future. Thank you for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.