“Good hotel/not so good food”
Review of Ideal Prime Beach

Ideal Prime Beach
Ranked #20 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Good hotel/not so good food”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

My husband an myself just came back after 7 nights at the Ideal Prime Beach where we had quite a good holiday.

On arrival hotel looked as good as on the photos. Overall hotel looked impressive. We got checked in really quick. A bell boy showed us to our room which was in a separate building where the spa is. On the way we were tolled about the hotel and main areas.

room:
When entered the room we were really surprised by the sea wonderful view. Room itself was big with double and a single beds, big bathroom, a balcony, fridge, TV and aircon. On a closer look the room appeared to be a bit worn off with wall paper coming off the walls in some places. But as log as it was clean I didn't care.
The real downside was a lack of centralized light switch for all the lights in the room. Plus the lights were vary dim even to read a book.

Another situation that made me doubt the overall cleanness of the room was when my husband cut his knee and stained bed sheets with his blood. Well, happens. When we came back from the beach next day I was shocked to see that houskeepers instead of changing the bed sheets simply washed the blood off with water or whatever liquid and left a big wet stain in the middle of the bed. I couldn't believe my eyes! Good thing that the moment I told manager about it everything was fixed and there was no other troubles during our stay.

Public areas, seeming pools and beach: clean, lots of seating space. Never had a problem with getting a sunbed.

Food: I'm afraid food was the main downside of our stay. I never had any high expectations from the buffet in the hotel. Plus after reading reviews I new what to expect. But even then I was disappointed. Food was pretty much the same everyday. Not even much variety between breakfast, lunch and dinner. How about chips 3 times a day? All meats were cooked from frozen. Lot's of things were undetectable. Luckily enough there were lot's of cats running around so I could do a little test: if something supposed to be a meat and a cat doesn't eat it I wouldn't either.
Were pushed into exploring restaurants outside the hotel.

entertainments: there were some performances organized every night in the night club of the hotel. Also there were volleyball, darts and other things to do. A very good thing that distinguish this hotel from others - since all the performances were inside the night club there was no extra noise.

also the hotel in a good quite location of marmaris, 40 mins away from city center if walking, clean sand and stone beach. Be careful of small fishes when staying still in the water! little things like to bite!

Room Tip: ask for a see view room
1 Thank luccik
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that overall you have enjoyed your holiday with us from the reception and bell boy service to the room facilities and location that you had. The Hotel does operate a customer service department which is located next to reception and the personnel here lıase daily with the resort reps, all concerns, issues and requests are usually resolved to the guests satisfaction from housekeeping, technical services and service received from staff. I am sorry to read that you were disappointed with the variety of food served within our restaurants and snack bar however the Hotel does endeavour to cater for all the nationalities of guests who reside in the Hotel as well as presenting traditional Turkish cuisine as the menus reflect, we also endeavour to cater for guests who have dietary restrictions. I do hope that the information satisfies your review and that we will be able to welcome you again. On behalf of the Ideal Team, I would like to thank you for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (518)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Just returned last day in September 2012 from a 10 day all inclusive trip to Ideal prime Beach Marmaris, Turkey.

Had a few days to reflect on the trip, so here are my concolusions.

ARRIVAL

On arrival (which takes a gruelling two hour trip from the airport) you are immediately impressed by the décor and design of this hotel. As the bus winds its way through the resort, the hotels become better ad better, ending in Prime Beach which looked best of all.

At 3am, we were escorted to our room. We have paid for a room with sea view. Unfortunately, we were put into a room overlooking the spa roof and the trunk of a palm tree, with no sign of the sea. It was 3am, so thought wed tackle this with our Thomas Cook rep in the morning. We hadn't eaten for hours, so thought wed take advantage of the "24 hour" bar area on the reception floor. Unfortunately, we discovered that you can only get something to eat here between midnight and 2am, so we made our way outside the complex and bought two small kebabs instead, since the hotel could offer us nothing (mm.. not really 24 hour eh).
Next day we spoke the the Thomas Cook rep "Beth" who was outstanding. She immediately challenged the surly reception Manager about the room we had been allocated and eventually got him to reluctantly agree to put us into the room we had paid for - with sea view. Without Beths help, this would not have happened - so all credit to her.

The new room was great. Amazing sea view, and decorated to a good 4 star standard. Fridge doesnt really work well because its locked inside a wooden cabinet, so the hot convector air from the refrigerated process cant escape, hence it doesnt work.It also has no ice compartment. But you get used to drinking warm drinks (later).

Few bits of peeling wallpaper, and the shower water wouldnt drain away...the air con is good enough but will only work with the balcony door closed, so if one of you want to use the balcony and the other stay inside the room, its tricky.

Ok, so the rooms are generally acceptable.

DRINKS

One of the main selling points of this all inclusive fr us was that the Hotel boasted a range of local AND "International" alcoholic drinks. Let me tell you,... the spirits at the various bars are VILE. The make is something like Skarposrky"... Vodka tastes like antifreeze, as did the whisky ad the brandy was no better. We tried to persevere for a few days but in the end bought "Instanblu" and Absolute" from a shop outside the complex (at huge cost) as the inclusive Hotel Vodka would make most Europeans (were from Scotland) gag.

The Lager was "Tuborg Gold". Don't confuse this as I did at time of booking with Tuborg" which is on sale in the UK. The "Gold" version of Tuborg is like a cheap hopsy version of "Effes". After a few days of this stuff, mixed with the vile tasting spirits, you'll e munching the indigestion tablets like nobody's business. So inclusive alcohol - BIG let down and not "International" by any Western European standard,

I ended up buying lagers outside of the complex fr the warm fridge (Carlsberg, Miller, Bud) of paying 9L a whack across the road at the superb "Spors Bar".

FOOD

There are a number of different areas to consume the all inclusive food. I wont go into to much detail, but basically

Breakfast:
Nice enough range of fruit juuces from a machine dispenser, melon etc, cereal, pankakes. Being this is billed as "5 star" I was expecting to see 10 metal trays with things like button mushrooms, strips of bacon, poached eggs.. you know - as I would get in a Raadison or Hilton 4 star in the UK? Think again. This is Turkey afterall, so the range was very organic. No bacon or pork sausage was an issue for us, so again, ontop of not being able to enjoy the inclusive alcohol, breakfast was now also a right off (you can buy a full English across the road from the Hotel at a place called "Bar with no name" for 6 TL which has bacon etc). The reason we were told there was no bacon or pork was because Turkey is an islamic Country. Well, it doesnt stop them selling it in ievery bar and cafe right outside the hotel?

LUNCH
General mish-mash of health ruce, cooked veg, chicken, turkey pieces ec, bizaree cakes...
Take my advice and go to the snack bar area where they serer Western style food you will recognise and enjoy.

DINNER
Generaly much like lunch but with a different signature dish each night (not steak or anything, but chicken or turkey, that kind of thing). Not hold out any hope for Western European favourites like Chicken Curry, Steak, Indian... its not gonna happen).
Oh - and every wine served at your table by the underpaid and overworked waiting staff is warm. So if you're a fan of really warm, unchilled white wine - your quids in!

Our best meal during the wle 10 day stay was purchased at an Indian Restaurant 10 minutes up the road (Taj Palace) which was excellent and great value (110 TL for two incl bottle wine and 2 Carlsberg).

If you want a snack after midnight, they have a "24 hour" area. Apparently last year, this used to have alcohol. Now you can get only soft drinks or a baguette. Be prepared.. if you want t use this service, there is only one very pleasant but EXTREMELY slow lady making and toasting the baguettes, so you have to be really desperate. And remember, this "24 hour" service actually ends at 2am (yeah I don't know why either? - If I go to any 4 star Hotel in the UK I can at least get a sandwich anytime).

STAFF

We had some time to familiarise ourselves with the various staff. Beth, the Thomas Cook rep was outstanding and made our holiday as good as could be. The internal waiting staff seem overworked and hungry? The reception manager had little or no grasp of English, and I can only describe him as "Surly" during our first encounter. We went out of or way to thank him after he reluctantly bowed to Beths pressure and changed or room to the proper sea veiw, but he seemed under pressure and had ZERO personality.

NIGHTCLUB
There is a nightclub area which operates midnight till 2am. We tried to use this, but gave up after 10 minutes as te DJ had set his strobe light effect to permanent ON position, which gave us both a blinding headache. We were forced to leave from the Club upstairs balcony and navigate the unlight staircase to te exit. Not recommended Oh - this is the ONE place where the Alcohol is Western European Brand - Smirnoff etc - but guess what... you have to pay for it. The drinks et added to your room bill in the morning. Sweet.

SUMMARY
Not for us, and I suspect many U.K. residents used to bacon, eggs, steak, Indian, Chinese food, or brands like Smirnoff, Martell, Grants, Carlsberg, Miller, Bud etc.

The Hotel also seems to be geared towards Russian visitors, and I suspect this is the reason for much of what I have written here. he TV menu in our room was in Russian, the posters around the complex detailing the almost non existent entertainment was also headlined in Russian, and the Hotel itself was filled with what appeared to by young Female Russian models (or escorts?) accompanied by photographers every where they went.

All in all, not for us. A nice building, some staff are nice, others looked really unhappy / tired / hungry and were always looking for tips (of they weren't too busy trying to arrange dates with the femail guests). I would not recommend this to anyone from the U.K. expecting to enjoy nice drinks of brands they recognise, to be served in a glass (not plastic cup), chilled.. and with a smile.
All of the external places we visited outside of the Hotel met our expectations, so it's not the Country or the area, its the culture and systems in the Hotel which need addressed. If a UK assessor came to visit, the Ideal Prime Beach would only get 3 star.

Definitely would not go back. Do yourself a favour and book a self catering apartment and that way would enjoy drinks you recognise, a great variety of local food served by staff happy to see and serve you.

Room Tip: You MUST PRE-BOOK a room with sea view on the TOP floor
1 Thank Site-webmaster
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
On reading your review, I am sorry that the Hotel has not met you expectations and would like to take this opportunity to comment.
I am sorry that on your arrival the sandwiches had already been served, the Hotel does not advertise 24 hr food availability through snack bars or room service however tea and coffee is available 24 hours at the Lobby bar. Most Hotel information given by the resort rep at the welcome meeting, the rep also liases on a daily basis with customer services at the Hotel and guests requests and concerns are usually resolved here to the satisfaction of the guests. The minibar is usually set to control number 2 and can be increased to number 4 if necessary and these are mini coolers. The Hotel does serve a range of International Brand drinks from Tuborg beer, Martini Bianco and Rosso and also Campari to Pepsi-Cola, Pepsi-Cola Light and 7UP, all other alcohol included in the all-inclusive package is local brands and advertised as such. This is not to be confused with imported drinks which are charged as extra and do not form part of the all-inclusive package.
The Turkish Ministry for Tourism has assessed our Hotel and has awarded the 5* rating however as detailed in the Thomas Cook brochure, our Hotel has been assessed by managers both in the UK and abroad and from customer questionnaire feedback and has been awarded a 4*+ rating, this is a universal rating system and each country will be different.
I do hope that this information satisfies your review and we look forward to welcoming you again in the future. On behalf of the Ideal Team, I would like to thank you for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.
Derby, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 30, 2012

Just had a week at this hotel, it is fabulous great location. We had a room on the front overlooking the sea and it was very beautiful best view I think we have ever had. Even though it was fairly busy we always found a seat in the restaurant and the snack bar at lunchtime. Food was standard fare all inclusive and there was always plenty of it been served from a variety of places. I can recommend the patisserie serving cake from about 2 pm til 6 pm very yummy.

Its quite a walk from Marmaris town centre but there are plenty of shops and amenities on the doorstep and its only about 10 mins in a dolmush into the town centre.

Highly recommend the location and the facilities beach towels provided which was a nice touch. The Buddha spa which is in the hotel complex is very good we had a deluxe treatment package for a fraction of the cost in UK and it was fabulous.

2 Thank cybele61
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for submitting your holiday review on the tripadvisor website.
I am happy to read that you have enjoyed the hospitality of the Hotel, its services and facilities, from the variety of restaurants and snack bars to the location on the Beach and the provision of beach/pool towels. I would like to thank you for your recommendation and for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future.
Reviewed September 29, 2012 via mobile

Just got back from a weeks holiday in Marmaris stopping at Ideal Prime Beach Hotel.
The hotel was a lovely place to stay, was very clean with friendly staff.
The food was really nice with lots to choose from.
Would recommend that you pay extra for the sea views as these rooms are a lot bigger than the standard rooms.
The only down side is there is not enough sun beds for the size of hotel. You have to be up very early to reserve them.

• Stayed September 2012
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed your holiday stay with us and have enjoyed the cleanliness of the Hotel and the friendliness of the staff. I am also very happy to read that you have enjoyed the variety of food that is served within our restaurants and snack bar, regarding the 1250 sunbeds around the pools, on the private beach and the jetty, we do have to trust our guests to consider others however the personnel in Customer Services do monitor them if necessary. I do hope that you will return to us again in the future and would like to thank you for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.
Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 28, 2012

I have just returned from a 10 day holiday at the ideal prime with my mum and partner. We arrived around 4am on the tuesday morning, we were promptly checked in and a bell boy escorted us and our baggage to our room, he unloaded our baggage into our room and showed us how to use the, however when he did this the safe was not working, he fiddled around with it for around 15 mins (not what you really want when u have just arrived but shows how much they want tp help no matter what time of the day) with no success he arranged for a new one to be delivered the following morning. We were in a twin room which had a double bed and single bed, a television, a wardrobe and bedside cabinet and bathroom which included a very long shower. The room s weren't massive and lacked storage space for 3 people (but we coped) but when your on holiday you very rarely spent time in room other than to sleep and get washed and changed, our room faced the main road and initally we thought it was goin to be very nosiy but we had minimal noise. Due to me breaking my elbow the day before we flew we spent most of our time on the beach or around the hotel, we started the holiday by having a turkish bath in the spa, it was lovely and relaxing and a great way to start the holiday. As i said we were limited to what we could do, we are the sort of people who like to have days out and days relaxing but there was everything at the hotel for people who prefer to stay close to the hotel. We booked the lazy day boat trip and talk of the town trasvestite show through a man called danny boy who was based just along the beachfront if you turn left out of the hotel, he was very helpful and also gave a free night time dinner cruise/ party boat. The lazy day cruise is a must do as is rhe talk of the town. We also booked the shopping trip through the thomas cook rep, ypu go to the leather outlet, the gold center. billys turkish delight factory, the bazar and one of the markets depending on the day, the leather outlet and turkish delight factory was brill and the turkish delight was yummy :) unfortuantly we had a very rude man at the gold centre which put us off but the rest of the day outweighed that, the market is very hustle and bustle and they are quite pushing and in your face, but if you want it barter, start low if you dont want it just say no!!
There was always something to eat there was a variety or things for breakfast from creals to pancakes, lunch and dinner had a mixture of english and turkish food, some of which may not take your fancy but if you holidaying abroad you really need to be open minded and give their food a try. The snack bar was basically the same food everyday which was pizza, chips, burger, chicken nuggets which was open throughout the day and over tea for a couple of hours so there was always something available for more fussy eaters, there was a cake shop open between 2 and 6 and after midnight until 2 am there was a sandwich bar. There is a range of bars around the complex that serves drinks as well as a bar and night club (after 12am drinks in the club cost extra). This is our second year in marmaris but our first year at this hotel and we were very impressed with all aspects, we will be returning next year and definatly staying at the ideal prime.
I was like many others and read through a range of reviews before departing and decided i would go with an open mind but hoped the good/excellent reviews were the correct ones and in my own opinion they were.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Heather H
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am sorry to hear that you had broken your elbow before travelling to us for your holiday but happy to read that you have all enjoyed your stay and that you also enjoyed your Budha Spa experience. I would like to thank you for your kind comments regarding the variety of food served within our restaurants and snack bar, as an International Hotel, the menus provided reflect this as well as presenting traditional Turkish Cuisine. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again in the future and would like to thank you for your recommendation and for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.
Lisburn
Reviewed September 28, 2012

My boyfriend and I just got back on monday night after staying at this hotel for 2 weeks. We loved the resort and the hotel was nice but it could do better again! The hotel is just as stunning in real life aswell as in the photo's on here and everywhere is clean. The hotel is situated on the quieter end of Marmaris and it would take a good 45/50min walk to the centre. But we enjoyed the walking and you can also walk to icmeler along the beachfront. But there is always a dolmus every 10mins out side the hotel if don't fancy the trek.

The room we had was lovely and had a great view. The bed was good and firm but we found the pillow's too soft and low but was able to get two extra without any problem at all. The air con was great and take your boots card too to keep the room cool while your out, it was a great tip from a previous review I read. We also had plenty of english channels on the tv which is nice to have a choice. Bathroom had 3in1 showergel and liquid hand soap and it also has a hair dryer. Towels were changed every other day and sheets every 3days. Also bottled water is restocked in fridge everyday aswell.

The main dinning room was opened at 6.30-9.30 for breakfast. We found that it was better to go at 7.30/8am as it wasn't as mad as going later. Plenty of choice some a bit strange like boiled broccoli and stir fried veg some mornings but thank goodness for the pancakes and toast. Lunch was from 12.30-2pm again plenty of choice with hot meals like beef stroganof and turkey caseroles with rice, chips, lots of salad, bread and desserts on offer. Also the snack bar is also opened til 4pm but it didn't really change in there at all just the usual chips, pasta, pizza and salad. Dinner was from 7pm-9.30pm, Again we went later to avoid the madness so 8.30pm it had quieted down and all the russians have had there 10courses!! ( you will get your eyes opened on how greedy some nationalities are its all inclusive you could eat 24hrs a day if you like but they still go mad) The dinners were much like the lunch time sitting, but maybe a little difference but all in all you won't go hungry but you will get bored with it. The food is ok but I do think they could do alot better with it like maybe different theme's some nights like chinese, italian?? We went to the mexican restaurant during our stay it wasn't that exciting and it was a set menu too, I was able to eat it ok but my boyfriend who is fussy ended up with a kebab after it as he didn't like half of it. The cake shop was really good and good variety of cakes and yummy baklava :-) The bars served all the usual stuff but I found the cocktails were made with that powder juice and not fresh juice so you got a bad aftertaste in your mouth after drinking them.

We found all the staff really friendly and helpful and we never had problems with waiting on being served drinks and it was very busy when we were there. But we did notice that the hotel had plenty of mangers standing about with the arms the one lenght I didn't see the need in them and all the chefs did it too in the dinning hall. The also had plenty of russian customer service staff sitting about chatting each other too.

Just one more thing that the hotel needs to do is when they have made rules about the sun loungers around the pools could they please enforce it as it was not enforced when we were there. Most sun beds at main pool were taking before 9am in their rules there was no towels allowed before 9am and also that they would tag your towel if left it for over an hour then remove it. When we did get a sun bed at the main pool we watched a couple move from 2 sunloungers that had become shaded walk over to 2 sunloungers that was still in sun that had a towel across it and a woman's skirt on it and sat down on them so there was 2 people that had reserved 4 sunbeds how mad!!

Apart from some problems the hotel has it did not spoil our holiday. We will definately be returning to Marmaris but not to this hotel.

2 Thank Lisburnhorselover
melihbas, Public Relations Manager at Ideal Prime Beach, responded to this review, October 14, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to submit your holiday review on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you have enjoyed the hospitality of the Hotel and have appreciated the decor and staff who work within. I am also happy to read that the requests from housekeeping that you made were fulfilled immediately. I do hope that we will be able to welcome you again to the Hotel and would like to thank you for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday.
uk
Reviewed September 28, 2012

just got back from a week at the hotel and all i can say iz amazin,arrived late and bell boy took us to rooms as we was a family of 6 with 3 different rooms,,very clean and maid came every day cleaned left us water and towels,no problem there,yes some of the food at breakfast time we wouldnt normally eat in england but hey were in a different country and everyone iz different,,loads of choices of food for every meal,it was nice to try new things,all staff we meet were great and friendly,and tevik was our waiter most of time,he always made us feel like we were at home and made us laugh,dont see why anyone can write bad reviews as we all thought it was wonderfull can not find anythin to complaine about,didnt want to leave,so ignore all the bad feed back some people must be so picky,,thanks prime beach xx

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank tammie1978
Thank you for your review posted on the tripadvisor website.
I am very happy to read that you and your family have enjoyed your holiday stay with us and have experienced the hospitality from reception check-in and bell-boy service to the waiter service. I would like to thank you for your recommendation and for choosing Ideal Prime Beach for your holiday and I hope that we will be able to welcome you all again in the future.