“our stay in club dena”

Ranked #52 of 78 Marmaris B&B and Inns
Liverpool, United Kingdom
“our stay in club dena”
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We have just got back from Club Dena early hours this morning, our stay was lovely there was six of us,myself my husband my three daughters Lucy 15, Aimee 12 and Lia 11 and my daughters friend Sophie 15. We had a lovely relaxing stay we had 2 apartments which were basic but liveable we had a couple of problems with the apartments but on speaking to the reception they were dealt with straight away.
The staff were so welcoming they couldn't do enough for us they were brilliant with kids. We went self catering but ended up eating in the hotel most days the food was lovely my only regret is not going half board.

The staff Steve, Dennis, Smiley, Mamood, Mario, Ozzy, Mustafa, Ali and all the other staff there work so hard and long hours just so all the holidaymakers enjoy there stay, entertaining them and interacting with them trying to make our holiday fun and I can honestly say they really did make our stay an enjoyable one.
We had no problems getting a sunbed everyday and the kids loved the pool and the slides.
The apartments are near to all amenities and only a five minute walk from the beach. We are hoping to go back next year because my girls thoroughly enjoyed there holiday and really didn't want to come home, I can't thank the staff enough for making our stay in Marmaris so enjoyable.

2 Thank DPierce2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (132)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Arrived at night, family of 4 2 adults 2 teenages 14- 15, was taken to room In f block, it was very dated, ad no rail in wardrobe, few lights bulbs missing, went to reception, they said we would be moved next day, spoke to jet2 rep (erol) he spoke to reception moved us to a lovely clean room, we are still here at dena have had no problems since, food lovely, staff brill especially Dennis got loads of time for everyone, would not hesitate to book to come back,

1 Thank Rotherham72
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I was bemused by the low/high ratings on the reviews but having visited I now understand why. Having read the poor and excellent reviews I can relate to experiences in both and whilst I agree a holiday is what you make it, we really got off to a very poor start at Club Dena. We arrived at 2am in the morning to be shown to a basic room in a state of disrepair, not very clean with grey linen. Over the following 2 days it was not cleaned and this was attracting mice into the apartment, next to where my daughter was sleeping. We asked to be moved to another room (above ground level). The room we moved into was a little smaller but it was immaculately clean, cleaned everyday, towels and sheets changed regularly. The cleaner even washed our dishes for us! The half board option had a good breakfast choice and a wide selection of evening meals but the service was extremely slow. Fawlty Towers straight opposite the hotel does a full english breakfast for 5 lire and there are lots of other restaurants in the near vicinity that offer good value food. I particularly enjoyed the burger in Alloah Steakhouse and I am craving them now I'm back home! Overall, the hotel is in an excellent location, the pool is great and the staff are helpful, friendly and welcoming it's just such a shame we got off to such a bad start.

1 Thank TLC_9

Travelers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Just back from a 2 week stay at Club Dena, had a great time. There are two pools, we spent our time at the lively pool with the slides, always had fun and could always get a sunbed. Fantastic location just a 5 min walk to beach. The rooms were basic and dated but they were fine enough for sleeping and getting changed, I think half the hotel had been done up and the other half is getting re-furbed this year. I know people had some problems with the rooms but these things happen, please don't let it put you off as this is a good, fun hotel. It does get noisey at night until about 12am but it is a holiday resort afterall.

I would defo recommend the half board, the food is amazing and you get such a great selection and amount. I had something different every night, it was a delicious.

The staff were excellent, can not do enough for you, always up for a laugh and so hard working you wonder where they get their energy. Lovely boys who have time for everyone and are great with the kids. When I see negative comments about them I can not understand it, they were all amazing. But a special mention to Dennis, Steve, Smiley and the boy who carried all our cases up 4 floors. Can not speak highly enough about the staff.

Overall, we had a fantastic time here; if you have already booked this place please do not let the bad reviews put you off, we had an excellent time, met so many friends both staff and guests

Room Tip: do not get a pool view if you don't like noise as it faces onto the entertainment and is noisey...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank L M
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I had read reviews about Club Dena being over booked and the rooms being poor before we arrived and I was a little worried but I needn't have. We arrived at the hotel around 11:45pm and were booked into a room in Block A which I think has been recently refurbished. We paid the additional £65 for the air con and £25 for the safety deposit box and the manager offered us a drink at the bar on him which we accepted after we had been helped with our bags to our room. The rooms are basic but they have all you need, fridge, cooking facilities, a good powerful shower etc. We opted for the half board option for 7 days of our holiday and it was a big mistake!! It sounds good initially, £70 per adult and £17.50 per child for breakfast and dinner but you can get the same for less outside the hotel and the food we had was really hit and miss. Most of the things I had were really bad and I'm not a fussy eater, ordered duck one night and was served and chopped up duck skin with about 2 bits of meat, it was disgusting. On another night I ordered buffalo wings and received 3 chicken legs which had been half cooked, the were still cold in the middle, we said to the waiter that we didn't want them as they were cold in the centre and not what we had expected and he took them away. About 5 mins later he appeared with them again on the same plate and they had been deep fried, we said we didn't want them and told the manager smiley and he said it's ok he's cooked them now!! And they had the cheek to charge us for them!! The pool area is big and the pool at the front is great and has a slide that is on for 2 hours per day, there is a pool at the back which is a lot quieter and you have got more chance of a parasol at this one. The staff at the hotel are ok but one night I was down at the bar with my young daughter and ordered a soft drink and a beer and the guy took the money for it and gave me my change, then 5 mins later he came back and said he forgot to charge me and I said he had and I have my change, there was a big issue made of it and I ended up having to pay for the drinks twice!!! The hotel is in a good location with lots of restaurants and bars nearby and the beach is a 5 min stroll down the road. The worst thing that happened to us was that we went to the Turkish night at the hotel which is a really good night but after eating the food at the Turkish night me and my 4 year old daughter ended up really ill which resulted in a trip to the hospital, the restaurant manager said it must be the heat but that's never given us severe stomach pains with sickness and dihorrea before!!

Room Tip: Block A has recently been refurbished.
Reviewed August 25, 2013 via mobile

Please please please ppl do not go here. I went for a week with my husband and 2 young boys, we arrived late at night and was given a room on block C. The room was disgusting to say the least and I wouldn't even let a dog stay in those conditions. The bedding was filthy, the bathroom turned my stomach jus looking at it, the door knob was loose and there was mould on the kitchen area. So my husband went to reception2ask if we could be moved, only to be told there were no rooms available by Usha, who is very rude and has no respect 4anyone. My god if she behaved like that in the UK she would not have a job. She should not deal with the people as she is a pure [--]. My husband is not one to make a scene however he was tired and her attitude tipped him over the edge! After telling her she was incompetent, the manager and few other men ran over and tried diffusing the situation. Within 5mins we wer offered 1of 2rooms. We then moved to block b which was so much more nicer but like a green house but we kept in not wanting2b put in2another filthy room! The new room was basic but it was do-able. The rep frm jet2 phoned us and was a massive help! He's names Erol and he went out his way2make things more bearable4us. The pools were not clean and the bar staff are really flirty and possibly just looking for their next leg over. We booked excursions4pretty much everyday we were there just to spend time away from the hotel, we thoroughly enjoyed them. Il cut this short as I can go on about the hotel! So plz do not go here if you are goin as a family, u have been told the facts and also look at all the negative reviews this hotel has received in the past few mths. How trip advisor has given it 4stars is beyond me, I would not give it any stars at all. Definitely not going back here.

Reviewed August 25, 2013

We just got back from club dena Friday night we stayed for 7 nights and loved it! All the staff are very nice and I am missing them already!! Especially Denis! On the second night I ended up in hospital after being bit by something, the hotel were very good and called me a doctor straight away and arrange for me to be taken and brought back. When I arrived back at 3am Denis was there to welcome me back and make sure I was ok. The next day they were very good with making sure I was ok and had ice on my swollen foot.

You don't even need to leave the hotel the entertainment every night is so funny and they try make sure you have the best time all the staff dance every night all night by the end of the holiday we knew all the dance moves and songs!

We thought the hotel was far from the centre but it's just down the road to the main road and you can walk all the way along or get on the bus which will take about 5mins. The beach is a 5-10min walk straight down the road.

The rooms in the hotel are basic but you get what you pay for they are kept clean with fresh towels every morning and the maid was very friendly.

The hair dresser in the hotel is great we all got our hair done before we left, my brother especially liked his cut!

I am already missing the hotel and can not wait to go back next year!!

• Stayed August 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Marmaris
Blue Lagoon Hotel Marmaris
#97 of 234 in Marmaris
Hotel Selen
Hotel Selen
#180 of 234 in Marmaris

Been to Club Dena? Share your experiences!