“Ignore bad reviews! Please read me!!”

Sun Maris Central Hotel
Ranked #131 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed May 23, 2013

I was abit weary when arriving at this hotel from reading the reviews but wow how wrong U all are! The rooms are small but always clean (cleaners come daily) the food is not fantastic but what do U expect for £300+ AI? You get what U pay for. The pools small but clean, we had a ball around the pool with the staff. The staff are fantastic! Not just because im a girl as I went with my fiance. They was so helpful and friendly I was suprised after reading reviews. The staff made the holiday. I cried when leaving as I now consider the staff as very dear friends, the was also sad to see us go making me cry more. Definatly returning later in the year. Remember u get what u pay for and if u want a 5star then pay 5star prices!!!!!! Small minded people!!!

• Stayed: May 2013
4  Thank amyjoanne

Reviewed February 9, 2013

I read all the reviews about this hotel and thought it can't be that bad. You can't keep everybody happy.
On our transfer from airport, A2B transfers could not even find our hotel, instead taking us to Sun Maris city( which looked like a shelled building in Iraq!! Our cases were also cracked as the driver thought it was good to pile other cases onto ours. So a wee tip is to get your case on the bus last.
With regards to the hotel, it was very, very basic.
The food wasn't to my liking and i eat anything, it was more for the Russians, who were quite happy to pile many plates high with grub, then they would leave half of it or feed it to the many cats that were mooching for food.
No entertainment here and the pool must be around 5m long by 2m wide. It gets the sun for about 3 hours a day.
The lower level of the hotel frequently gets flooded for whatever reason and this is a pain.

The staff, hats off to them work well, Chair who is no longer their was the most helpful and charming guy always up to ask how you are and chat about anything and everything.
The lady who works on reception, is also a star and always made my wife and i smile.

This hotel is ideal if you just want somewhere to get a kip and wash.

Best to eat out and go on trips and to the beach.

Room Tip: Choose a better hotel
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Andy F
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The hotel was in an amazing location! Literally 3mins walk to the beach 5/6 mins to the main facilities ie shops n bars! The worst thing was the food was poor! Seems to be the same stuff reused for everyday! Some off the staff members were nice others weren't fussed with u! The room was ok part from some dirty sheets! Reception woman was amazing she helped us out a lot even tho she couldn't speak much English! Plus the hotel was full off rude and stuck up people!

• Stayed: July 2012
5  Thank Clare B
Reviewed July 31, 2012

I stayed here in August 2011. I had travelled with my parents and had a seperate room to myself. We had been dropped off at the wrong hotel, had to walk with our cases to this one. Staff were very unhelpful and communication was poor. My parents got their room okay but I had to wait a few hours for mine to be ready. I was not impressed in slightest for my wait after travelling all day. The room I had should have slept 3 people. For a room in Turkey it was pretty decent size considering how close to the beach you were. The water for shower was a bit tempramental and turned off when I was halfway through washing my hair.

The maids were lovely and kept our rooms very tidy and we couldnt fault them during the 2 weeks we stayed.

We were all inclusive, in hind sight this was a bit of waste of money. I was happy with eating chicken and rice/potatoes most nights, but other than that there isnt much choice other than fish. They had a soup every night, some nights this was a soup I liked and had a few bowls. Also a big choice of salad. The drinks were in small plastic cups as per most all inclusive these days.

In our hotel we had too many Russians who were rude and inconsiderate. We had managed to miss the fight which is mentioned by another person. The staff were annoying and cheeky towards me. I gave them the brush off as I didn't want to "hook" up with them. So I think this is why they were different to me. The manager was a strange character and his story never seemed to add up.

The pool is indeed TINY but the plus side of this hotel is that you are literally less than 5 mins from the beach. Your also only about a 10 min walk from either bar street or the bars on the beach front.

Room Tip: Try not get a room close to the lift!!! Its very noisy during the night. I usually slept with my ipo...
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank CandieMac
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Myself and 4 friends stayed in this hotel for 10 nights, the rooms were so small and there was no room to put clothes or suitcases. The bathroom was okay but the toilet ran forever and the shower flooded after just over a minute. The staff were not interested in you unless you were an attractive female even the 'Boss' showed no interest in making sure you were happy. There was roughly 2 sunbeds that actually seen a spot of sun all day. The pool was so small you could push yourself from one side to another. Worst hotel i have ever been to great resort both Marmaris and Icmeler are nice places but avoid this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2012
7  Thank Fraser17Neil
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This hotel is perfect for the price you pay! Although the food is nothing incredible, there is something for everyone and plenty of it! The location is brilliant; being a 10 minute walk to the main town as well as a minute walk to the beachfront! The staff were the best thing about this holiday, being helpful and so so friendly! This is a basic hotel and I think those who have written a bad review maybe are looking for more for their money. The rooms were really spacious, as well as being cleaned everyday. I would definitely go back!

Room Tip: Not the first floor at the front of the hotel, as they don't have balconys!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
7  Thank Maddy P
Reviewed June 3, 2012

Arrived at hotel at one in the morning, 2 hours late because the transfer had never heard of this hotel and took us somewhere completely different. So they took us to our room, and the staff noticed that the fridge and TV wasn't working so they decided to change them there and then. Didn't get to sleep till gone 3.
The staff were very pervy, constantly hitting on me and my friends. they even invited themselves along to our nights out. We were constantly trying to.loose them, so our nights out ended early.
The maids were friendly and did a good job of cleaning our room. Always had smiles on their faces.
The lift in the hotel had doors that would get jammed all the time. so you had to force them open yourself.
The pool is very basic, rectangular, one depth. Only about 7 sunbeds and no sun. Very built up that side of the hotel, was shady all day. So we spent the whole two weeks down at the beach which was fantastic. Only a 2/3 minute walk.
The food was very boring, same food every day with one or two things different.
So finally when the departure day came, we had to be out by midday about transfer wasn't picking us up till mid evening, so we left our luggage at the reception in view of everyone, there was no locked room to keep them in.

I loved Turkey just not the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011