“DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1”

Blue Lagoon Hotel Marmaris
Ranked #166 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We're not fussy people at all, but my husband and I transferred to this hotel as our original one had such bad reviews. The staff are so rude and ignorant, one of them took an elderly lady's plate away from her whilst she was still eating, they told us to "FETCH" the little plastic beakers we were given drinks in before we could have another one, they only have watered down beer, gin, raki and vodka for all inclusive drinks (they ran out of vodka). All inclusive is 10.30-10.00. This is NOT all inclusive, you have breakfast (not english) lunch and evening meal, at 5pm there's hard dry burnt cakes but other than that, there are no snacks. Food was cold, no choice and it was usually chicken in some shape or form, they got the BBQ out one night just to warm up a pan of stew.
There's no entertainment, nothing at all for children, even the kids pool was deep. Rooms weren't cleaned & when they changed the towels and sheets they were dirty and stained, not at all clean. The barman was drugged out of his head one night and he was also slobbering all over a girl who had came back there on holiday to see him, it was disgusting behaviour, the other barman used to go down by the toilets to slobber over another woman. When the area with the sun loungers got hosed down, the barman would just soak your feet and anything else on the ground with the hose, he didn't care at all. The hairdryer is just above the sink in the toilet with the wires hanging out, the shower cubicle leaked and the floor got soaked, the air conditioning in the bedroom started leaking water out of it (also above sockets)showers were cold most of the time. The list is endless, we only got through it because of the great crowd we made friends with.
What really baffles me is, everyone that stayed in this hotel were transferred there because their original hotels were so bad, not one single person I spoke to had actually booked that hotel......... it seems like a bit of a scam to me.
Honestly, it's the worst hotel we have ever stayed in and yes, you get what you pay for but no where near in this place. It's full board, not All Inclusive and nowhere near 3*.
Don't make the mistake we did and think it's just fussy people moaning because it really isn't.
I guarantee you will regret going here, take extra money because you WILL eat out most of the time. Please change hotels if you've booked to go here, and enjoy the holiday that we all save all year for as this was a complete waste of money. I wouldn't stay here again even if I won it as a prize. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE DO NOT GO HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! And there is no fitness centre, gym or sauna.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Sandra E

Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed here in june. Food was terrible. Rooms were shocking. People fighting and banging doors. Pool was dirty and dangerous with pool equipment being thrown around by kids. No phone at reception unless you paid money to top up the reception staff mobile. Rotten hotel would never go back.

• Stayed: June 2013
Reviewed September 20, 2013

Before travelling I was rather worried after reading the reviews however, I was not disappointed. People complaining about "no soap holder" in the showers, in my opinion you get what you pay for!!
Hotel is good and staff really look after you. If you need anything just ask and they will sort it out. Food is good value and quite tasty. Located in a very lively part of Marmaris so if it is peace and quiet you want then maybe this is not for you. However, ,bus service is excellent and cheap

1  Thank Oliver8519
Reviewed September 20, 2013

A great place to stay. Yes a little dated but very clean and all you will need. The staff are great and the pool area and bar are lovely. Would go again, for a budget hotel it is a real good one. I would happily stay there again and will be going back. The music in the area all turns off at midnight so you are guaranteed to sleep. The bars and restaurants are still open and the atmosphere does not lack when the music goes off.

1  Thank Smith1990
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Wasn't too bad large enough room for two people, large balcony 3rd floor. Clean towels every day. Pool loungers seemed a bit tired, although this week they did hoses them all down. Reception was quite helpful. We did ask for an extra pillow (only one each per person). But was told hotel fully booked so no extras, which wasn't a real problem, just put our room towels under each pillow.The pool staff seemed to enjoy joining in with all the bathers round the pool, but thought the pool bar wasn't up to capacity as regards to drinks etc., I normally have vodka and tonic but took them 4 days to to tell me that they had now got some tonic. Although not really a problem I did manage to find something else to drink.

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Two girls who had been to marmaris many times, booked this hotel a few months in advance to arrive at 3am to be told they didn't have a room for us by the receptionist with selective English, so we got sent to 7 hotel and was told come back and see your rep at 10.30 tomorrow, we asked if we where still ai at 7 as we had payed for it yes they said so next morning we asked if we could have some water omg we had to beg for it and then had to share a tiny cup. Get back to the blue lacrap at 10.30 like we where told I said is our room ready now for the snotty lad not long out of nappys to say no check out isn't until 12, getting a bit fed up we demanded that the rep came who was a lovely lad after about 2 hours we finely got our room.
Rooms really aren't as they look on the net but we didn't mind so we went out for the day came back about 7/8 pm and thought we will have a drink b4 climbing the stairs. As you do on holiday we where talking to a few people comes 10pm the bar man served me then said to the rest it's 10 bar closes omg world war 3 kicked off on me and my friend, a large family of yobs went mad because we got served with the last two drinks being a watered down larger in a very small cup I couldn't believe how stupid and greedy these people where the so called staff stood like wet lemons.
We where not on holiday for this so the next day we checked out and went and stayed at andys hotel and restaurant where the people have respect and can't do enough to help anyone.
Don't book trips with the rep as he will take your money but you won't get picked up for trips. The barber at the blue lacrap was what we thought a friend of 4 years he came to our wedding even he turned on me because I'd had my nails lashes done so there was no way of him getting money out of me. No one at this hell hole are worth the time of day. Oh and the food there was 4 things to choose from ha best advice stay away from this dirty hell hole x

1  Thank Lisancarl
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1st week in September and we were in 2 minds having read all the reviews as to what to expect. Honestly for price we paid I can't complain. I would begin by saying that the Blue Lagoon is definitely a 3 star in turkey standards. Our rooms were cleaned daily although cleaner could have made a better job on mopping floors etc as she wasnt very thougher. We found the staff to be pleasant. The food was basic but always 2 meals to pick from and plenty of salad stuff. Breakfast wasnt our English fry up but normally boiled eggs loads of cold meat cheese as you tend to find abroad. Around pool was clean sunbeds all fairly new and as much lager etc to drink from bar.
On negative side our shower rail was broken, repair came looked at it but was not fixed when we left and air con for quite a few folk did not work. There is only 1 common toilet in place which is down steps beside pool not good if you are old/disabled. To be fair you get what you pay for and overall it's ok and I would go back.