“I would definitely return and stay again in The Hotel Blue Lagoon”

Blue Lagoon Hotel Marmaris
Ranked #150 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
“I would definitely return and stay again in The Hotel Blue Lagoon”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Wasn't too bad large enough room for two people, large balcony 3rd floor. Clean towels every day. Pool loungers seemed a bit tired, although this week they did hoses them all down. Reception was quite helpful. We did ask for an extra pillow (only one each per person). But was told hotel fully booked so no extras, which wasn't a real problem, just put our room towels under each pillow.The pool staff seemed to enjoy joining in with all the bathers round the pool, but thought the pool bar wasn't up to capacity as regards to drinks etc., I normally have vodka and tonic but took them 4 days to to tell me that they had now got some tonic. Although not really a problem I did manage to find something else to drink.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Two girls who had been to marmaris many times, booked this hotel a few months in advance to arrive at 3am to be told they didn't have a room for us by the receptionist with selective English, so we got sent to 7 hotel and was told come back and see your rep at 10.30 tomorrow, we asked if we where still ai at 7 as we had payed for it yes they said so next morning we asked if we could have some water omg we had to beg for it and then had to share a tiny cup. Get back to the blue lacrap at 10.30 like we where told I said is our room ready now for the snotty lad not long out of nappys to say no check out isn't until 12, getting a bit fed up we demanded that the rep came who was a lovely lad after about 2 hours we finely got our room.
Rooms really aren't as they look on the net but we didn't mind so we went out for the day came back about 7/8 pm and thought we will have a drink b4 climbing the stairs. As you do on holiday we where talking to a few people comes 10pm the bar man served me then said to the rest it's 10 bar closes omg world war 3 kicked off on me and my friend, a large family of yobs went mad because we got served with the last two drinks being a watered down larger in a very small cup I couldn't believe how stupid and greedy these people where the so called staff stood like wet lemons.
We where not on holiday for this so the next day we checked out and went and stayed at andys hotel and restaurant where the people have respect and can't do enough to help anyone.
Don't book trips with the rep as he will take your money but you won't get picked up for trips. The barber at the blue lacrap was what we thought a friend of 4 years he came to our wedding even he turned on me because I'd had my nails lashes done so there was no way of him getting money out of me. No one at this hell hole are worth the time of day. Oh and the food there was 4 things to choose from ha best advice stay away from this dirty hell hole x

1 Thank Lisancarl

Travelers are raving about these Marmaris hotels

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 1st week in September and we were in 2 minds having read all the reviews as to what to expect. Honestly for price we paid I can't complain. I would begin by saying that the Blue Lagoon is definitely a 3 star in turkey standards. Our rooms were cleaned daily although cleaner could have made a better job on mopping floors etc as she wasnt very thougher. We found the staff to be pleasant. The food was basic but always 2 meals to pick from and plenty of salad stuff. Breakfast wasnt our English fry up but normally boiled eggs loads of cold meat cheese as you tend to find abroad. Around pool was clean sunbeds all fairly new and as much lager etc to drink from bar.
On negative side our shower rail was broken, repair came looked at it but was not fixed when we left and air con for quite a few folk did not work. There is only 1 common toilet in place which is down steps beside pool not good if you are old/disabled. To be fair you get what you pay for and overall it's ok and I would go back.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Hotel was good located and room were ok however the hotel overlook the main busy street so if windows was open was very noisy. Breakfast and dinner was not up to standard. Internet wifi signal very poor , you could not get access in the room. With little improvements hotel could be very good.Plus points- good location close to all amenities , good size rooms with balconyNeg points- poor food- poor wifi- poor toiletries

1 Thank Aaroon123
Reviewed September 15, 2013

My boyfriend and I arrived here on 1st September 2013 and we spent a week in this hotel. We were very impressed. We worked out we spent about £300 for both of us to stay for a week, which included breakfast lunch and diner and also drinks it was in a brilliant location. We thought it was well worth this amount of money! Best parts -The staff are amazing! So friendly, smiley, welcoming. They really made an effort to get to know us, and chatted with us. Particular mention has to go to the lovely reception man I think is called 'Sercan.' He was chatty and friendly and always pleased to see us. We were very impressed with his service. The manager is very friendly and willing to help out. The pool staff Apo and Ali were a great laugh too! Also we thought the maids were really good! Considering we always left it looking a mess, when we got back it looked great! Towels changed everyday. Really was superb. Location! We loved the location, although it might not be for everyone. It is right near the beach (about 7 min walk), so close to a plethora of shops/restaurants/bars! So much to do around there! However the hotel is situated on a very busy road and therefore might not suit everyone. Our balcony looked out on to the road, but we really liked it. We enjoyed people watching, and how busy the road was. When we closed the patio door, you could barely hear it and it did not bother us at all. It is very clean! The rooms are a really good size, very comfy beds and a TV with a movie channel. This channel showed rubbish US movies, but we enjoyed watching it whilst we were getting ready at night. Bad pointsFood. Now we didn't really have a problem with the food, but could see how some might. The breakfasts aren't great. It's traditional Turkish so lots of eggs, which I'm not a fan of, bread, frankfurter sausages, and salad. Most mornings we just had bread and butter/jam. But that didn't bother us that much as we weren't bothered about having a fried breakfast. Dinner was better. I'm not saying it was the best food ever, but it was certainly filling, and decent enough! Soup, hot option and lots of salad/meze type foods. And watermelon for dessert. We ate out twice on the beach front. There isn't much space for clothes. If you were to go away for 2 weeks, I could see this being a problem. 1 week is fine though. Overall though we enjoyed this holiday and would go back

2 Thank Laurudsen1984
Reviewed September 14, 2013 via mobile

Got here after a long flight from Belfast and 1hour 45mins on a crappy bus and very tired the reception clerk never smiled (never a good start) the room was very basic with air con £30 a week.on entering the room I had to jiggle about to get the electric to work only to find the shower holder broken I ended up tying it up with my robe belt. Hot water was a hit&miss with the shower tray overflowing.idid report all defects but fell on deaf ears.the beer was served in grubby little plastic cups fit for the bin & when food was served it was stood over by staff like in a prison and not to be approached until given time.So be forewarned steer clear as this hotel is a nightmare and unfit to be rated as food & drink to be consumed at your own risk not a place to bring a family.i went A I and spent my fun money on food and drink was never so glad to get home

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends