“Best wee place to eat in Marmaris”

Smiley's Restaurant
Ranked #58 of 507 Restaurants in Marmaris
Cuisines: Chinese, Turkish
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Description: Smileys
Reviewed July 9, 2014

3rd year returning to Marmaris, the difference now is, we go over specially to meet our new friends, husband and wife team Cabyr and Carolyn Horez. Always welcomed with open arms, where nothing is too much they can do for you; Fussy eaters welcomed, as they will blend and change their menu to suit.
Smiley's is a small, intimate restaurant, where the members of staff try their very best to cater to your every need. I'd like to be able to call Nigel (head server/waiter), a good friend, always of great temperament, always up for a laugh. Carolyn, and my wife have built a great friendship, planning future excursions together, the next time we are over.
Smiley's is very good value for money, with my family, all 4 of us, able to eat and drink for the measly price of around £30. Their specials being a very popular choice, 20tl for a 2 course meal, choosing a main, with either a starter, or a desert.
I look forward to the next time we meet. I recommend, if you find yourself in Marmaris, pop in, have a meal, and say hi to Cabyr, and Carolyn

1  Thank Ebomac

Reviewed June 21, 2014

just back from marmaris 11 nights,been going to marmaris for 6 years now found smileys 3 years ago, been going there everyday since when were there,the staff are brilliant,food great,and you get a good laugh.cabir and Carolyn the owners will do anything for you,my wife had a bad fall on a busy Saturday night and the owners stayed with me and my wife for 2 hours in hospital until she was released leaving the rest of the staff to look after the restaurant,now that's looking after your customers thanks cabir and Carolyn excellent,see you in September.

1  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed June 14, 2014

Food great, get the chicken shish kebab yum yum and the galric butter is amazing (I forgot to ask what was the special ingredient). The staff were lovely and you get a good rate of exchange here. Do use the exchange bureau round the corner, he rips you off which we found out.

Reviewed June 13, 2014

If your away on holiday and are missing home comforts and some tlc from an elder and you want to feel like your at home then visit smileys. From the moment we walked into the restaurant and left it was an amazing night and perfect hospitality. If you miss your home comfort foods and want the perfect identical replacement eat here.
We had the set menu which worked out about 6 pounds for five courses. Standard bread and dips with the worlds biggest pint of coke haha was delicious. The waiters very funny friendly and will help you with anything. The owner lady though was amazing explained menu to us recommended certain dishes especially the apple crumble and custard which was well worth the wait haha
The soup was delicious, the bread amazing, I had pie and chips with gravy and veg and it was humongous and delicious and I never ever eat pie. My girlfriend had a pizza and it was the best pizza we had tried in a long time. Then it was desert time and it was out of this world, you could even get seconds if you asked nicely for free. A great night and we visited there again for breakfast a day or two later. Lovely dinner great atmosphere and hospitality was out of this world. Thank you for a great night and you will remember us for our hair styles with mine having the blonde streak which the waiters loved haha

1  Thank Pennerz87
Reviewed June 10, 2014

There is nothing you could fault this restaurant on. The staff bend over backward to please. They will make anything you request. The food is fantastic, as are the cocktails. We have had breakfast, snacks, dinner and drinks and would recommend to anyone. Nigel is also very good with his medical advice!!!

2  Thank SylviaMcGhee