“Absolutely lovely!”

Smiley's Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 497 Restaurants in Marmaris
Cuisines: Chinese, Turkish
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Families with children, Large groups, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Description: Smileys
Reviewed May 12, 2013

My wife and I recently had the opportunity to visit Smileys on the recommendation of a friend. We found the restaurant opposite Cian Turk Hotel on Street 170.

Run by a Turkish owner and his lovely English wife, Smileys had a massive menu with choices from all over. As we had such a warm welcome we popped in three times - once for breakfast and twice for dinner - during our stay. We had Turkish cuisine during the evening which was delicious and the English breakfast (with English bacon and sausage!) got us ready for a day of hiking.

I need to point out that the food is great but the selling point for this place is the friendly and warm service from the staff. The owners, Cabir and Carolyn, go the extra mile for you and nothing is too great to ask of them while you're there.

Definitely a place to visit - and more than once!

Reviewed April 14, 2013

I went to Smiley's after carefully looking at reviews in Trip Advisor. I only chose it because I knew they made varied cuisines and I wanted a break from the hotel food. On first finding it we were greeted by the owners who were a wonderful couple. I did have my doubts when I first arrived but a couple of well fed tourists put me at ease. We chatted for a bit and promised to come back in a few days.

When we did I can safely say that it lived up to its billing. I cannot remember the last time I had such a level of service from any restaurant. Cheesecake wasn't on the menu that night but the owner came from home to make it especially make it for us. That alone would garner praise but the really great thing was the food was as good as the service. I had pie and mash (I don't like English food abroad but I had eaten so much Turkish cuisine that I wanted to try something different). The chicken pie and mash were the best I have had. The pastry and gravy alone was to die for. The cheesecake was wonderful and my girlfriend's meal was equally tasty. We had cocktails afterwards and left for our hotel full and very very happy. If this place was in London it would have an award of some sort. My only regret is eating one meal there. Will keep in contact with the owners who were great and made my girlfriend and I feel as if we had known them for years. Like I said they can cook a lot of different cuisines and I am told their Sunday roast is heavenly. I tend to only leave reviews if a place deserves it, hence this one. A culinary highlight and 5 star service. To find Smiley's remember its kind of opposite to Cihan Turk Hotel. If that is on your right then Smiley's will be on on the side street to your left. To get near Cihan Turk Hotel get off at the point centre and walk towards the marina and you will see it.

Enjoy your food and see for yourself just how great this place is.

2  Thank jediknight79
Reviewed March 26, 2013

Been to smileys mega times, the food is lovely and staff can't do enough for you, I would recommend the stake it's so soft n lovely also do good Sunday dinners and excellent breakfasts

Reviewed March 11, 2013

The food was really good went there allot of nights... the people are really nice, we're still having contact with them.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The best meals in marmaris ,the cottage pie ,fish and chips just to much choice to mention ,and I just love there cheese cake ,you will find all the staff really nice an friendly can't wait to go back next year xx