“Great place to dine”

Portofino Restaurant
Ranked #96 of 496 Restaurants in Marmaris
Cuisines: Turkish, British
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed April 10, 2013

Portofino is excellent restaurant with an amazing choice of menu from breakfast lunch an evening meals,owners an staff alike really welcoming also at any time of day you can choose from simple snack meals,not always the case in other restaurants,great atmosphere,sport or music on big screen tv also has 2nd restaurant on beach front with upstairs balcony with amazing views over the sea,very romantic for you loved up couples,don't pass it by give it a try..

Reviewed April 5, 2013

fantastic service,early in season so quiet but owner lovely Scottish lady found us sunbeds to put on beach,given a lift home at end of the night ,good prices great food

Reviewed March 22, 2013

My husband and I have visited Turkey twice now and have eaten out every night.
We both agreed this is by far the worst restaurant we visitied by far.
Firstly we viewed the menu and wanted to ask some questions about what was on offer, we called the waiter over and he coulnt speak English at all so he called another waiter over - but he had very limited English so he called the manager over - eventually our questions were answered. We ordered our meal and sat having a drink - when they announced Bingo was due to start. Now dont get me wrong I love a game of Bingo - but not when im out for a meal! We couldnt hear ourselves speak over the noise of the Bingo calling and the restaurant then just became packed of Bingo players - not people eating!
Our starters arrived which were acceptable - nothing special though. Then our mains - I ordered Chicken Satay and my husband ordred chicken Kiev. The Kiev came out on a bead of Fried Bread - we have never in 35 years seen this before - it was disgusting and greasy - he took a mouthfull and said it was just pure oil! I tasted my Satay which just didnt taste right at all - I can't even describe what it tasted like. The vegetables were rock solid - and I mean rock solid! I couldnt even bite into them. After only two mouthfully we both looked at each other and said we couldnt eat it - it was disgusting! We put the plates to the side and the waiter soon came rushing over - we tried to explain but again he had to go and get the manager. We explained that we were not happy with the meal and didnt want to eat it - he then asked us to order something else. To be honest after a two mouthfully of that we really didnt fancy eating anything else there. We asked for the bill and finished our drinks. The bill arrived including the main meals - I explained to the manager we would not pay for the main meals as we only had a mouthful or two. They then went away and huddled together discussing it - walking off - discussing with other managers/owners. At this point I became concerned about what they were going to do - they were very irrate and I all sorts of terrible thoughts going through my mind, were they going to come over and kick off, were they going to call the police?? (I know it sounds drastic but if you saw their behaviour you would understand). Eventually he came back and I explained I would happlily pay for our drinks and starter but thats it. He came back with a new bill for just that and we paid and left quickly!! When we go back to Turkey we will definitely stay away from Portofino!

3  Thank DM333
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Ok we payed a small deposit to go here for a show and meal but when me and my family arrived they said please take a seat upstairs. With a wheelchair user was'nt the best start to the night and then to top it off we asked JJ for a Menu and he said no its a set meal. And I said I don't think so it's not what you told us the other day because we asked him in the first place if it was a set menu and he said no. But after ordering our drinks JJ gave us menu's and then we ordered our food. I must admit the food was fantastic best T bone steak I've ever had. The entertainment was a miss mash though but it was a right laugh and I did get involved so did other people. Yes I would go here again just for the meal but on my terms not by someone trying to lure me in. We visited here in May 2012

Reviewed January 13, 2013

We had a horrible time at the Beachfront place. We got confused too not knowing which one was getting the best reviews. I'll not be back to Turkey for a while after the constant haggling/hassle etc but this restaurant was bad.Terrible food, service etc and not cheap.Wish I'd gone to the right one! Just being honest people!

1  Thank BelfastDes