“Great time”
Review of Julian Club Hotel

Julian Club Hotel
Ranked #12 of 234 Hotels in Marmaris
Reviewed August 26, 2013

I only spent a week there but whish I staid longer, the staff was great and friendly, the entertainment team was great with getting people motivated not that was needed and a lot of people took part in the activities and they kept a good choice of games to play for most the day. The night time was good to with a different show each night and was good to watch. The food was great with plenty of choice even my kids who are fussy eaters eat plenty and had a good mix of food. We did 3 trips and they were great days out But there is one thing which you should watch out for is the last day trips which is on the checking out day and in place of keeping your room open they will check you in another hotel near the airport so you can freshen up before going home, which was a dive and cheap less than 1 star. The Julian is a great hotel and was an enjoyable holiday. The only thing which lets you down is the sun beds people got up very early to reserve them.

Room Tip: The hotel is only 3 levels high and quite when you shut the doors the noise is ok so any room would...
1  Thank Stephen_Blackwell
Write a ReviewReviews (4,574)

Reviewed August 25, 2013

I would not recommend this hotel. The rooms are small for a family of four and house keepers that think they can enter your room any time of day to retrieve their bottle of water in your fridge!

The hotel is over subscribed, no chance of a sunbed around the pool unless your mad enough to get up at 6 every morning. If your lucky enough to get a sunbed you are all on top of each other, no chance of any personal space.

Food ok although a little repetitive after a few days. Bar staff rude.

We ended up only having breakfast and going to the beaches for the days which are beautiful and eating out at the harbour of an evening. Highly recommend. This way you get to experience Turkey and its people who are very pleasant although if you stay in the hotel you won't leave Turkey with the same opinion I'm sure!

The dining area is gloomy and again over crowded on the first 2 nights we had at the hotel we did not even get a table that was layed out for dinner instead ate at one of the bar tables and then got told off for doing so!!!

To sum it up its a Butlins abroad. Don't get me wrong I have been to Butlins with the kids for a couple of days and had fun, but I don't expect to pay what we did for our one week family holiday and get what we did.

Loved Turkey and would return but next time a different hotel and better location. Julian Club is very out of the way and taxi or buses needed to get out and about.

Marmaris itself has lots on offer for days out and evenings. It's well worth exploring.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Kvp1
Samanthabrow, Guest Relations Manager at Julian Club Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

27 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I really am very sorry that there were elements of your stay with us that you did not enjoy and that you found the style of Julian Club and the experience it provides not to be to your liking. It is true that the Julian club by nature differs in some ways from many of the established 4 star hotels in Marmaris due to its busy family orientated focus. At Julian Club we and many of our regular guests feel this to be one of the charms of the Julian Club and our ability to provide something unique amongst other Aegean region Hotel this has won us many fans and regular guests over the years
We appreciated that the room may not have suited you and your family however it is important to check what you have booked with your travel agent before you arrive as we have more than 10 style room types. Maybe one of the other room types would have been a better match to your requirements.

I was disappointed to learn that you were dissatisfied over trip advisor and only wish you had found the time to make your concerns know to a member of the management team.

Please accept my apologies for any inconvenience caused and be assured that I have taken on board your service comments and preferences and have reviewed each point with my team.

Once again, thank you for having taken time to comment on trip advisor. I truly hope that the remainder of your time in Marmaris was enjoyable as we truly blessed to live in such a beautiful county.

Yours sincerely,

Samantha Brown
Guest Relations

Reviewed August 25, 2013

Great experience!! Kids first holiday and was absolutely amazing! Great entertainers who were very friendly and involved with the kids, would go back in a minute really enjoyed it and missing it, was great overall location of hotel, staff, weather, food, drink the lot.

Room Tip: Had balcony view of pool, little sun trap great!
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Catherine199
Reviewed August 25, 2013

You must read this and check out my photos before you consider staying at Club Julian Marmaris. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone who is after a nice relaxing family holiday.

This hotel is awful, massively overcrowded, unorganised, and dirty and during the time we spent there it was full of Chavs with teenage kids that appeared to be drunk.

***Our Room***

We arrived at 23:30 (21:30 UK time) and were shown to a room which can only be described as ‘suitable for 2’; it had 1 wardrobe and a desk with a single drawer. There was not enough room to unpack the suitcases let alone put the suitcases away. We had a balcony literally big enough to fit 2 plastic chairs and a tiny plastic table. This was described as a family room and the only thing that qualified it to be called this was that it had 2 smaller beds (so hard they could be used as a torture device) squashed in. We literally had 4 beds and enough space to walk past the foot of them to get to our balcony.

The wardrobe had a safety deposit box about 20cm3 which I had hired to fit my laptop and an iPad in…neither fit through the door…very helpful.

The hotel is advertised as 4 stars…this is utter rubbish. In the opinion of us and our friends who stayed there with us, it would be 2-3 stars at best. Our room had splats and stains all over the walls, door handles missing and falling off, mildew in the tiles, dirty round the floor, dirt round the back of the sink, very poor finish overall and all of this is backed up in the photos which I have posted.

Our first complaint of the small room was dealt with reasonably quickly and we were moved to a larger room but this had the issue of a very low beam which I, my wife and our daughter all hit our heads on more than once. The final straw came when the cleaner refused to help me get into my room when the key-card stopped working and I was carrying my 4 year old son asleep in my arms; I later learnt that the cleaner only had a key for that floor but she could have rang reception to get someone to come and let us in. When the transfer to the sister hotel (Julian Forrest) was arranged I explained that I had been unable to use the safety deposit box for my laptop as it was too small, I asked for a refund and was told that I was not entitled to one as I couldn’t prove that I wasn’t using it. I pointed out to them that after we had moved rooms I didn’t have a key for the new one and would therefore like a refund from the time we moved rooms. The manager of the hotel said no and that I could have a refund of a week…well that’s customer service for you!!!!!

***Check-in***

Checking in was quick and relatively painless.

After checking in and getting our bags up to the room (00:05) we decided to have a quick beer so we went to the bar (all inclusive) and were told we had to pay because it was past 00:00. We explained we had only just arrived and needed to get cash but the lad serving merely shrugged his shoulders. We then were forced to go out to get cash which we spent at a local bar/restaurant who bent over backwards to accommodate us even ordering in food for us as they had closed their kitchen for the night.

***The pool***

The water is misty…this cannot be good.

The pool is massively overcrowded and with the inflatables included it was difficult to do anything. The slides and the pool are a lot smaller than the pictures make them look…clever use of camera lenses make them look enormous on the websites we checked but don’t be fooled they are a lot smaller when you are actually there. The paving round the pool is slippery as textured tiling suitable for pool sides has not been used.
Getting a sunbed is nearly impossible unless you are willing to get up between 05:30-06:30 which most people were doing. The reason for this is the hotel is booked beyond reasonable capacity where the greedy owners choose profit over the welfare of guests by turning what should be twin rooms into rooms sleeping 4. The result of this is around 1000+ guests and a maximum of 500 sunbeds…..outrageous!

***The bar and restaurant***

Due to the hotel being overcrowded the bar and restaurant is very busy and you often have to stand a queue for a long time to get food and drinks. The food queue is only due to the amount of people in the hotel but queuing at the bar was often due to the fact that we were often ignored in favour of the staff enjoying a conversation or joke between themselves.
The restaurant area inside was adequate and on the whole quite clean but outside seating was often dirty and tables sticky long after dinner service had stopped. We regularly found food and cutlery scattered across the floor when it should have been cleared up. Although it was discouraged, guests would take food back to their rooms and because of this we regularly found plates and cups stacked up outside rooms in the corridors and in the reception area of our hotel block; this would not be an issue if it were not still there the next morning.

***Staff***

The majority of the staff didn’t even acknowledge you most of the time.
The receptions staff were reasonably helpful but on the times I went to the reception desk they were busy dealing with complaints from other guests and arranging transfers to The Julian Forrest hotel in Icmeler…this is where we finally transferred to after 9 days of eating out day and night so as not to spend any more time in the hotel than was absolutely necessary.

2  Thank JasonEllsmorePetty
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I have been to club Julian 2 times now I came here last year and this year and came home a couple of days ago and didn't want to come home, this is because it has been amazing and I will be back next year but this time I be coming out to celebrate my birthday with club Julian. You have very hard working staff at the hotel for example all the entertainment team which are amazing and put all there hard work and effort to make sure we had a great holiday. The entertainment at night times where funny and they got everyone cheering and clapping every night and got everyone involved with activities during the day as well also got everyone dancing with them this clearly shows everyone was having a good time well I certainly did :) also I would like to see them back here for next year.

The food was outstanding there was always a variety on and options for kids which I thought was great.

If I carried on typing it wouldn't stop because I had a fantastic holiday and everything was fantastic all I'm going to say it was better this year than last year because the entertainment team this year got more involved with people on holiday than last year :) but everything else was fab.

Thank you for a great holiday to the staff and especially the entertainment team. Hope to see all the same staff next year like I say especially the entertainment team :) <3

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank jadelouisearnold
Reviewed August 23, 2013

We've just returned from a 2 week holiday at the Julian Club hotel. Overall we have a very good holiday. On arrival (at 1am) we were shown to a family room that had the kids beds in the same room as ours. We'd booked a family room judging by the photo's on the website and were expecing seperate rooms so the next day we went to reception and asked if we could be moved. We were helped without question and moved to a lovely room where the kids were seperate to us. All the reception staff we spoke to were polite and helpful but I would like to give a special mention to Duygy (may be spelt incorrectly) who is a real credit to the hotel. She couldn't do enough to help us and dealt with a couple of small issue we had over the duration of our holiday, always with a smile on her face and without any fuss.
The entertainment staff at the hotel were excellent. I couldn't fault any of them for their tireless effort and relentless energy. There was always something going on and the evening shows were entertaining and funny. One small criticism would be that some of the shows were weekly so you saw the same entertainment for consecutive weeks if you were there for a fornight.
The food was pretty good overall but got a bit repetitive in the second week. This isn't unique to the Julian Club though and has ben the same in pretty much every AI hotel I have ever stayed in.
My wife used the onsite hairdressers and nail place as well and said it was excellent and would highly recommend them to anyone.

I'd definitely go to this hotel again.

Matt.

1  Thank M-A-B-Yorkshire
Reviewed August 21, 2013

stayed here first wk in aug lovely hotel entertainment team fab cleaners fantastic and very friendly food ok always found something grids around the pool need attention my sister ripped her toe nail off on last day of holiday location of hotel great with bars shops on doorstep about ten min from beautiful beach now the sunbeds obviously not enough space people were reserving beds as early as 5am with towels I came on holiday to get a break not having to turn alarm on to get a bed me and my sister had to do this as the 2 kids traveling with us were both under 7 and couldn't swim so needed beds close to pool to keep them supervised not fair that people were putting towels out but not coming down to pool area until past mid day I think there should be some kind of policy we stayed at club candan yr before And no bed reserving there until 7am so much better and towels removed if wernt back on beds at 8am we spend most of day by pool area for this reason we won't be visiting this hotel again I expect a Sun bed available for each guest when on holiday and not having to set alarm at 5am

Stayed: June 2013